What are you watching? Thread

Started by -GD-X, September 27, 2023, 08:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Finished S1 of Succession. Really enjoying it and can't wait to see where it goes. My only gripe is that I still feel certain major story beats and how they come about seems very very forced. Specifically major moments in mid s1 and during the finale. I feel like the show doesn't need them because the writing, characters and drama are good enough without these things.

I like this for Dinklage, playing a role that seems to have nothing to do with his dwarfism.

Done with Ray Donovan. Season 5 is garbage. The whole flashback format sucks. The show was never anything special, but at least it was fun. 5 turned the show into a cringy, emotional and dull drama. I have no clue how people cared to watch the rest of it. 

Watched Crimes of the Future and Infinity Pool from David Cronenberg and Brandon Cronenberg respectively. Both cool flicks on their own right. Enjoyed Infinity Pool a bit more. Mia Goth is too good. 

https://youtu.be/SzINZZ6iqxY?si=aXdX26Ss7oCFRU7_

Lmfao I hate phishing scams too but this mofo taking shit to the max level. 

October 05, 2023, 02:24:01 AM #35 Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 02:57:47 AM by -GD-X
I started watching The Changeling on Apple +. Pretty cool, so far.

Edit: the cinematography is fucking stellar. It's an orgy for the eyes, especially for those who do it for a living. I'm in awe.

Quote from: -GD-X on October 05, 2023, 02:24:01 AMI started watching The Changeling on Apple +. Pretty cool, so far.

Edit: the cinematography is fucking stellar. It's an orgy for the eyes, especially for those who do it for a living. I'm in awe.
Cool, I'm paying for Apple one and don't use tv+ Might start with this... but I don't even have a OLED or even 4k so I'd probably not get the full immersion

October 05, 2023, 07:34:35 PM #37 Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 10:40:42 PM by -GD-X
On ep 4 of Changeling. I don't know about it lol. It started off awesome. However, i fear it's going to be an unfocused story with jarring tonal shifts. It's like a gorgeous road of despair, with bits of intrigue sprinkled in. The mystery has potential, though, I'm having a hard time imagining a worthy payoff. We shall see.

edit: on ep 6. i hope it didn't go ful retard lol.

Im nearly done with Bosch Legacy. Im not sure why this is even called a spin off, when its just a direct continuation of the original series. But I felt like that ending was good enough when it comes to giving closure to that story and its characters. This new series just feels like a rehash thats not adding much value to the original material.

I like Maddie's storyline but most everything else is kind of meh.

Saw X is at 83% at RT. Im really curious as to how its different enough that so many critics liked it.

Quote from: Twinblade on October 06, 2023, 02:20:55 AMSaw X is at 83% at RT. Im really curious as to how it's different enough that so many critics liked it.
It takes place between Saw 1 and 2  :smoke: 

The Changeling's 7th episode is so gorgeous, but damn it's beyond messy and retarded. I'm watching to see how bad it gets. I'm glad there's only one ep left (drops next week).

lol they nail my thoughts on Changeling episode 7

https://www.reddit.com/r/tvPlus/comments/170yymv/the_changeling_season_1_episode_7_discussion/

I'm still salty over it lol. I will just read how it ends. I can't be subjected to another hour of garbage. The first 2 episodes owned....then I don't know wtf happened.

DO NOT WATCH THIS FILTH!

Quote from: -GD-X on October 06, 2023, 04:21:06 PMlol they nail my thoughts on Changeling episode 7

https://www.reddit.com/r/tvPlus/comments/170yymv/the_changeling_season_1_episode_7_discussion/

I'm still salty over it lol. I will just read how it ends. I can't be subjected to another hour of garbage. The first 2 episodes owned....then I don't know wtf happened.

DO NOT WATCH THIS FILTH!

That's unfortunate. I remember thinking the trailer looked interesting.

Quote from: Twinblade on October 06, 2023, 04:24:34 PM
Quote from: -GD-X on October 06, 2023, 04:21:06 PMlol they nail my thoughts on Changeling episode 7

DO NOT WATCH THIS FILTH!

That's unfortunate. I remember thinking the trailer looked interesting.

Yeah, they basically showed most of episode 1 and a bit of 2. it slowly goes to shit from there.