Discord Rumour - Switch 2 is entering production

Started by Playstation Tablet, November 18, 2023, 09:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Would be cool if true. Would mean a March - April release.

Reveal the fucking thing already I have a feeling it might end up as the best console this gen if Nintendo doesn't mess it up.

I held off Tears for the Switch 2 version.

This guy on YouTube said his uncle's barber heard it's dropping in May. 

If they had the Nvidia APU components already in stock, and it was going into production to put manufacture the mainboard and the hardware casing, then yeah, I guess maybe they would have enough stock ready in about 4-5 months.

Quote from: jehurey on November 19, 2023, 08:23:05 PMIf they had the Nvidia APU components already in stock, and it was going into production to put manufacture the mainboard and the hardware casing, then yeah, I guess maybe they would have enough stock ready in about 4-5 months.
I could see an April launch and it have backwards compatibility for sure to keep selling Switch software. Enhanced Zelda and possibly a new 3D Mario. MK8 Deluxe with all the DLC will also be included I think. 

So you guys think April launch?  So when are you guys expecting an announcement?  Switch was already announced by October. 

Just recently Nintendo had declined to comment on any upcoming console.  I think it's fair to say that the Switch 2 doesn't have to play by the same rules as the original Switch did.. (obviously if it's a similar product and has full backwards compatibility) and they could announce early '24 and still hit the March/April-ish timeframe... but there's something about the way Nintendo has been declining to speak about any potential console that makes me think it maybe wont hit that timeframe. 

Maybe they have one last hurrah game for Switch OG.. leading up to the Switch 2 in the mid to late year gearing up for a massive holiday.  I mean the Switch is still selling, and if they have enough content continuing to come to it (as they have suggested by indicating the Switch will remain supported after the next console launches) then it gives them more room to play with timings and marketing.

Hopefully it can do games over 30 fps and 1080p.  :D
GS Gen8 tally for 8-10 scoring games: PC - 446, PS4 - 298.
GS Gen9 tally for 8-10 scoring games: PC - 83, PS5 - 49.

Quote from: Substatic on November 19, 2023, 11:31:37 PMHopefully it can do games over 30 fps and 1080p.  :D
Hopefully, the next Steam Deck can do that too. 

Quote from: -GD-X on November 20, 2023, 12:32:50 AMHopefully, the next Steam Deck can do that too.
If Deck can't do it homie it can't be done.. I'ma let the champagne bottles pop, I'ma take it to the top, for sure I'ma make it hot baby.

Quote from: Remij on November 19, 2023, 11:06:07 PMSo you guys think April launch?  So when are you guys expecting an announcement?  Switch was already announced by October. 

Just recently Nintendo had declined to comment on any upcoming console.  I think it's fair to say that the Switch 2 doesn't have to play by the same rules as the original Switch did.. (obviously if it's a similar product and has full backwards compatibility) and they could announce early '24 and still hit the March/April-ish timeframe... but there's something about the way Nintendo has been declining to speak about any potential console that makes me think it maybe wont hit that timeframe. 

Maybe they have one last hurrah game for Switch OG.. leading up to the Switch 2 in the mid to late year gearing up for a massive holiday.  I mean the Switch is still selling, and if they have enough content continuing to come to it (as they have suggested by indicating the Switch will remain supported after the next console launches) then it gives them more room to play with timings and marketing.

Switch 1 was announced in Oct because Wiiu was already dead and buried.  After the holiday season I fully expect them to announce switch 2 in Jan. 

The question is whether it's a spring 2024 between April and May launch or a Fall 2024 launch.

As far as denials... They denied 3DS was a thing one day and announced the system the next day lol

Quote from: Goukosan on November 20, 2023, 02:29:56 AMSwitch 1 was announced in Oct because Wiiu was already dead and buried.  After the holiday season I fully expect them to announce switch 2 in Jan. 

The question is whether it's a spring 2024 between April and May launch or a Fall 2024 launch.

As far as denials... They denied 3DS was a thing one day and announced the system the next day lol
Yea, like I said, this situation isn't even remotely close to what the WiiU to Switch situation was for Nintendo.  They can do whatever they want at this point.

Still I think you have Nintendo making comments for a reasons.  I think that their "we will still support the Switch" comment is due to what you said.. essentially that they will announce right after Christmas and they don't want all those people who just got one to feel like it's going to lose support right away.  Switch will still be fine for a lot of different games and game types out there.

I think the launch comes later in the year however and not ~April.

Quote from: Remij on November 20, 2023, 02:55:13 AMYea, like I said, this situation isn't even remotely close to what the WiiU to Switch situation was for Nintendo.  They can do whatever they want at this point.

Still I think you have Nintendo making comments for a reasons.  I think that their "we will still support the Switch" comment is due to what you said.. essentially that they will announce right after Christmas and they don't want all those people who just got one to feel like it's going to lose support right away.  Switch will still be fine for a lot of different games and game types out there.

I think the launch comes later in the year however and not ~April.
I don't think Ninty would say they're coming out with a new system, in the Spring, with the holidays approaching. That would cripple sales. Unless...the new Switch is $450+ (which could be a reality). 

Quote from: -GD-X on November 20, 2023, 03:43:29 AMI don't think Ninty would say they're coming out with a new system, in the Spring, with the holidays approaching. That would cripple sales. Unless...the new Switch is $450+ (which could be a reality).
Yea exactly.  But I still think that they give themselves a good 6 or so months from announcement to launch.  So beginning early 2024 would put them close to around the fall.

Quote from: Remij on November 20, 2023, 03:47:14 AMYea exactly.  But I still think that they give themselves a good 6 or so months from announcement to launch.  So beginning early 2024 would put them close to around the fall.
That's fair.