Analyst: Alan Wake 2 was not among the 150 most actively played games in October

Started by Twinblade, November 22, 2023, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So Epic Games isn't a part of the DLP.. thus digital sales aren't counted.... and the game wasn't released physically..... AND it was at the tail end of the reporting period...

LMFAO... no shit for their purposes it "likely would have benefitted from a physical release".. :drake:

The game probably didn't do massive numbers regardless.. It was EGS exclusive on PC.. which will crater sales right there.. and PS gamers were buying/playing Spider-Man 2.  :shrug:

Hopefully it did well enough.

Disappointing considering how well it's doing critically. Remedy are amazing at making these types of games but it seems like they can't sell them very well. 
I feel like Sony first party is the only group atm that can really sell cinematic single player 3rd person games. Which sucks cause it's one of my fav types of games. 

The game looks quite nice I must say. Probably some of my favorite visuals this gen. I'd play it if I could but not at full price.
Playing: Star Ocean 2: Second Story R

Perhaps it's the name. New gamers don't know what the fuck Alan Wake is and it's such a fucking boring name. It's like naming your game Phil Spencer. 

Quote from: Cooke on November 26, 2023, 02:57:34 AMPerhaps it's the name. New gamers don't know what the fuck Alan Wake is and it's such a fucking boring name. It's like naming your game Phil Spencer.
It doesn't help that the original Alan Wake was beyond mediocre.