What if Switch 2 incorporated WiiU's streaming tech?

Started by Cooke, November 28, 2023, 05:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Allowing you to play docked mode performance in your house while only needing mobile mode when you're further away? :wonder: it seems like a waste of tech for it to only be used in the flop of a wiiu. 

I think they just need to make a stronger switch and call it a day. 

man just make a better switch. it's all we need. miss me with all those gimmicks.

Switch is probably a top 3-5 console at this point and it's a winning formula in the current landscape. Do that shit again.

Nintendo's games will ultimately carry any console if they can get them out at a reasonable pace but man do the gimmicks they've come up with do anything they can to prevent that. I've been replaying Super Mario Galaxy on the Switch and jesus christ some of that pointer/motion shit is just awful.

Quote from: Casual on November 28, 2023, 05:57:00 PMman just make a better switch. it's all we need. miss me with all those gimmicks.

Switch is probably a top 3-5 console at this point and it's a winning formula in the current landscape. Do that shit again.

Nintendo's games will ultimately carry any console if they can get them out at a reasonable pace but man do the gimmicks they've come up with do anything they can to prevent that. I've been replaying Super Mario Galaxy on the Switch and jesus christ some of that pointer/motion shit is just awful.
Switch was such a hit that it inspired Steamdeck and other handheld PCs.

Quote from: -GD-X on November 28, 2023, 07:04:27 PMSwitch was such a hit that it inspired Steamdeck and other handheld PCs.

Yep!

I've been super tempted to grab a Steamdeck recently but trying to cut down on that discretionary spending lol.

Quote from: Casual on November 28, 2023, 07:08:15 PMYep!

I've been super tempted to grab a Steamdeck recently but trying to cut down on that discretionary spending lol.

the fact that you can get one used for $250 is tempting af. hell, a new 256g one is $399.