IGN: Capcom has confirmed, more Resident Evil remakes are coming

Started by Playstation Tablet, December 01, 2023, 12:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Twinblade on December 01, 2023, 11:35:15 PMLol what. I don't understand how you can hate the original RE4 but somehow think the remake is a big improvement.

Exactly, the remake while it added new stages to the original... The entire core mechanics, story, gameplay etc is from the original game.

Quote from: Goukosan on December 02, 2023, 01:51:55 AMExactly, the remake while it added new stages to the original... The entire core mechanics, story, gameplay etc is from the original game.
WTF? The core mechanics and gameplay is NOWHERE NEAR the original RE4 :drake: 

LOL I think you need to go back and play the original again.. because it's nowhere close.  Not to mention that, but there's more of an emphasis on puzzles, and you know... survival horror.  Luis is way more fleshed out and has added back story in the remake... Ashley's section is completely different and far better.. The Krauser and Salazar fights are also much better.

Did you guys even play the remake? :will:

Quote from: Remij on December 02, 2023, 02:23:22 AMWTF? The core mechanics and gameplay is NOWHERE NEAR the original RE4 :drake:

LOL I think you need to go back and play the original again.. because it's nowhere close.  Not to mention that, but there's more of an emphasis on puzzles, and you know... survival horror.  Luis is way more fleshed out and has added back story in the remake... Ashley's section is completely different and far better.. The Krauser and Salazar fights are also much better.

Did you guys even play the remake? :will:

You're describing new stages. Which I already said were new.

The core mechanics, gameplay etc are literary based on the original game.. Meaning the underlying core gameplay loop, design for the camera, the combat design, structure, enemy variety, story, characters, bosses etc are all from the original game with slight changes.

Both are great, and the remake's new stages and slight changes to everything else adds the the greatness of RE4.

There's a reason why this maybe the best Re remake so far.  It's because the underlying base RE4 Game was already a generational masterpiece to begin with  :manny:

I dont think RE4R was the best RE remake game. It was good but felt dated. The remakes are also starting to feel too familiar. I think i enjoyed RE7, RE2R and RE8 more. Ive still yet to play the DLC.

Still great game tho.

Quote from: JonDnD on December 02, 2023, 02:42:18 AMI dont think RE4R was the best RE remake game. It was good but felt dated. The remakes are also starting to feel too familiar. I think i enjoyed RE7, RE2R and RE8 more. Ive still yet to play the DLC.

Still great game tho.

Realistically the best Remake was the first one, but that was what 2 - 3 generations ago.  I was referring to the current set of resident evil remakes.

Re3 Remake was balls, 2 was also great but to me RE4 Remake edges it out.

I liked R3 too but it deffo wasnt as good as the other remakes. Im sure they are going to remake them all and ill play them all too. 

There isn't more survival horror in the remake :D I really don't know what remij is on. Its still an action focused game.

Quote from: Goukosan on December 02, 2023, 02:38:55 AMYou're describing new stages. Which I already said were new.

The core mechanics, gameplay etc are literary based on the original game.. Meaning the underlying core gameplay loop, design for the camera, the combat design, structure, enemy variety, story, characters, bosses etc are all from the original game with slight changes.

Both are great, and the remake's new stages and slight changes to everything else adds the the greatness of RE4.

There's a reason why this maybe the best Re remake so far.  It's because the underlying base RE4 Game was already a generational masterpiece to begin with  :manny:
I'm describing changes and improvements... to literally everything.

RE4 Remake controls WAY differently than the original.  Not to mention playing the original on a Gamecube controller..

RE4 Original was incredibly overrated because it was far from perfect.  RE4R isn't perfect either, but it's definitely a lot better and more survival horror than the original... hence I like it much better.

Quote from: Twinblade on December 02, 2023, 03:21:30 AMThere isn't more survival horror in the remake :D I really don't know what remij is on. Its still an action focused game.
:drake:

There's far more item searching and puzzle solving in this one.  What the hell Twinky :hest: Just because the game also has a lot of enemies to kill doesn't mean they didn't add more survival horror elements to the game...  There's less retarded QTEs as well.  All the boss fights are better than they were in the original.. and the characters are more fleshed out.

Quote from: -GD-X on December 02, 2023, 01:14:00 PMWorst character ever
Agreed.  I fucking hated him in the original.  In the remake he's far less goofy/annoying.  And that actually goes for most every character in the entire game.

Quote from: Remij on December 02, 2023, 01:52:36 PMAgreed.  I fucking hated him in the original.  In the remake he's far less goofy/annoying.  And that actually goes for most every character in the entire game.
Nice! Maybe I'll play this.