2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

PlayStation

Demon's Souls
Dreams
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Final Fantasy XVI
Ghost of Tsushima
Gran Turismo 7
Horizon Forbidden West (2022 Overall Winner)
Horizon Forbidden West: Burning SHores
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
The Last of Us Part 1
The Last of Us Part II
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (2021 Overall Winner)
Returnal
Spider-Man: Miles Morales (2020 Runner-Up)
Spider-Man 2

Xbox

Forza Horizon 5
Hi-Fi Rush
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

:hest:

Horizon still hasn't been topped this year on consoles at least.

Forza Horizon 5
Gears 5 Hivebusters
Microsoft Flight Sim
HiFi Rush
Ori Wisps

All visually glorious looking games.  They've got some upcoming visual treats too..

Hellblade 2 looks incredible
Fable looks incredible

I'm sure Gears 6 will be technically impressive.

Quote from: Tears of the Cows on January 09, 2024, 10:32:01 PMAvatar looks a gen a head.
I just don't see it lol.  It's great, don't get me wrong.. but I see more to visuals than just lots of vegetation.  I'm gonna post some Horizon FW pics when it comes to PC... maybe I'll sub to Ubi+ and see what the fuss is about..

Quote from: Remij on January 09, 2024, 11:51:57 PMI just don't see it lol.  It's great, don't get me wrong.. but I see more to visuals than just lots of vegetation.  I'm gonna post some Horizon FW pics when it comes to PC... maybe I'll sub to Ubi+ and see what the fuss is about..
I've played both.. it looks much better. Give avatar a try. Sure the models aren't the best, but you aren't really ever looking at them. The vegetation is 10000x more dense. 

Quote from: Tears of the Cows on January 09, 2024, 11:59:28 PMI've played both.. it looks much better. Give avatar a try. Sure the models aren't the best, but you aren't really ever looking at them. The vegetation is 10000x more dense.
I dunno breh, I'm just not seeing it.

I'll have to wait until I play both then I'll give my thoughts.

Quote from: Remij on January 10, 2024, 12:40:38 AMI dunno breh, I'm just not seeing it.

I'll have to wait until I play both then I'll give my thoughts.
the pc version looks pretty great. some really nice density with the vegetation. but there's a lot of artifacts with the fsr on the series x and a bit on the ps5 too (just not as bad). performance mode is eh. also, the characters and surface materials look better in burning shores. i bet pandora looks amazing at 4k, though, with no console compromises. there's some pretty awesome weather effects too. it definitely feels next gen, much like burning shores and forza horizon 5. horizon fw will be amazing on pc.

Quote from: Tears of the Cows on January 09, 2024, 11:59:28 PMI've played both..
No you haven't :tom:

LOL i love how you are trying to pretend and not see the third-person view, and all of the NPCs and how they look, compared to a first-person game.

Quote from: Remij on January 09, 2024, 11:51:57 PMI just don't see it lol.  It's great, don't get me wrong.. but I see more to visuals than just lots of vegetation.  I'm gonna post some Horizon FW pics when it comes to PC... maybe I'll sub to Ubi+ and see what the fuss is about..
If you ever play Avatar youll get it. Its is so far beyond Horizon its not even close.

Quote from: Tears of the Cows on January 09, 2024, 10:32:01 PMAvatar looks a gen a head.
:ben: Not even remotely close to being true and I've played both unlike you. Avatar looks great at Unobtanium Settings on PC it still has areas where it's much worse than HFW. Rock textures and geometry are ass compared to HFW and the water doesn't hold a candle to the water in HFW. It's a good looking game and one of the best looking out there (maxed out on PC) but I wouldn't put it ahead of HFW. Both trade blows in many areas and HFW is still by far the better looking game on consoles where Avatar doesn't have  Unobtanium setting.