Pretty sure I'm dying

Started by Cooke, February 01, 2024, 05:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

February 12, 2024, 02:10:15 AM #31 Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 02:14:10 AM by Cooke
Quote from: Cool Jonny on February 12, 2024, 02:05:12 AMHow much do you drink ?
Socially on weekends. Nothing crazy

I tore my hipflexor in December and was taking a lot of painkillers. I might have fucked my liver doing that.

What else do you do that could damage your liver ?

Edit - didn't see the painkiller part. That sucks man. Good thing is , liver is a tough little bitch. Hope you get better soon

Quote from: Cool Jonny on February 12, 2024, 02:14:45 AMWhat else do you do that could damage your liver ?
Painkillers when I tore my hipflexor in December 

Quote from: Cooke on February 12, 2024, 02:15:38 AMPainkillers when I tore my hipflexor in December

Taking painkillers at the recommended doses and intervals wouldn't cause liver damage like that.

Unless you were abusing it  :merch:

Quote from: Goukosan on February 12, 2024, 03:21:13 PMTaking painkillers at the recommended doses and intervals wouldn't cause liver damage like that.

Unless you were abusing it  :merch:
It could if it were an extended period of time. I took a lot cause it was the worst pain I've ever felt. I don't recommend doing it. 

Quote from: Cooke on February 12, 2024, 03:55:31 PMIt could if it were an extended period of time. I took a lot cause it was the worst pain I've ever felt. I don't recommend doing it.

That's abusing it. It doesn't have to be a long period of time for your liver levels to be elevated.

Quote from: Cooke on February 12, 2024, 01:48:30 AMGot results back. I have elevated ALT levels. Possible damage to my liver. Gotta go for further testing.  :sad:
Elevated by how much?  Elevated ALT levels doesn't mean permanent liver damage.  You will however have to cut out everything that makes your liver work hard like alcohol and and any pain killers to allow your liver to heal.  

Quote from: lostfool on February 12, 2024, 09:04:25 PMElevated by how much?  Elevated ALT levels doesn't mean permanent liver damage.  You will however have to cut out everything that makes your liver work hard like alcohol and and any pain killers to allow your liver to heal. 
82. Should be below 55

Quote from: Cooke on February 12, 2024, 11:47:55 PM82. Should be below 55
Oh you're fine dude.  Your liver will heal.  Over 100 is when you should worry.  A friend of mine back in his early 20s had an alt of over 200 and he was all I'm dying and boohooing and shit.  Well his liver is fine and he is still alive.  Your alt is elevated from acute toxicity.   Take care of your stupid ass and don't do that shit again.