Helldivers 2 has overtaken Palworld as the number one selling game on Steam | Al

Started by Playstation Tablet, February 07, 2024, 07:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Helldivers 2 has overtaken Palworld as the number one selling game on Steam | Also #1 most pre-ordered game on PSN US & other regions

I'm shocked, I never thought this would do as well.

:ben: I just preloaded it on Steam, it's perfect for Steam. Great price and glorious co-op multiplayer for those of us who are fans of sci-fi shooters and Starship Troopers. I'm glad to see it's doing very well.

I think Arrowhead said any DLC coming out for this game including new biomes, enemies, weapons, etc. are all free.

This could potentially be a certified banger if the initial game is good enough. The first game was a solid 8/10.

I really hope this does well for them.  It'd be nice for Sony to have a breakout hit on Steam.

Will be bad for cows but I can see more simultaneous PS5/PC releases in the future if this is really doing that well.

Quote from: Twinblade on February 07, 2024, 09:32:37 PMWill be bad for cows but I can see more simultaneous PS5/PC releases in the future if this is really doing that well.
It's not bad for cows at all for crying out loud.  Cows should realize by now that Sony needs to expand and find new markets.  The console market alone isn't enough.  They need to penetrate markets where they currently can't.

Quote from: Twinblade on February 07, 2024, 09:32:37 PMWill be bad for cows but I can see more simultaneous PS5/PC releases in the future if this is really doing that well.
Nah, this doesn't affect cows. This game is perfect for PC/PS5 simultaneous release. It's a GAAS game and it's also a budget game. More players in a GAAS or MP game is always a good thing.

I doubt this game would be doing as well if it was one of Sony's AAA single Player games going for full price. It would be heavily pirated and Sony would still have to share the 30% cut with Steam. Sony has already told us what their plans are. The consoles are their primary focus for their AAA tentpole games because it makes sense to do a staggered release for them. They sell extremely well on the consoles and also push people into their console ecosystem. We've already seen MS flop out of the console market chasing this dumbass idea of releasing everything day and date on PC. Day and date on PC makes sense for GAAS games but it makes zero sense for AAA single player games that Sony makes.

Quote from: Remij on February 07, 2024, 09:35:05 PMIt's not bad for cows at all for crying out loud.  Cows should realize by now that Sony needs to expand and find new markets.  The console market alone isn't enough.  They need to penetrate markets where they currently can't.
it clear is enough if they aren't willing to make anything more than  BUDGET game for the PC market.

this is Jim Ryan GaaS toe in the water game.

Its amazing what a little slick production value that isn't even higher than 2018 Playstation levels of quality would do and wow PC gamers.

since they literally don't have anything that looks that slick.

Quote from: jehurey on February 08, 2024, 12:04:09 AMit clear is enough if they aren't willing to make anything more than  BUDGET game for the PC market.

Its amazing what a little slick production value that isn't even higher than 2018 Playstation levels of quality would do and wow PC gamers.

Lol budget game? This is probably the top game for ps5 in 2024

Not a headline I thought i'd read but very happy about it. Keen to check the game out tonight hopefully

Quote from: lynux3 on February 08, 2024, 02:09:25 AMIt's now #1 globally on Steam.
It looks great and has a great price. I'm not surprised my hermit bros are jumping on it. Everyone loves Starship Troopers and this reminds me a lot of that  :rass:

Quote from: jehurey on February 08, 2024, 12:04:09 AMit clear is enough if they aren't willing to make anything more than  BUDGET game for the PC market.

Get a life :D 

Quote from: Remij on February 08, 2024, 05:24:27 AMGet a life :D
LOL his comebacks are as barren as PC's outlook of natively developed high production games.

It's crazy how little Helldivers II has been marketed, yet here we are, just based on several YouTube videos and minimal previews that this game is taking over PlayStation/Steam charts. Maybe the game is as good as we hope or its falling short somewhere. People are interested and Arrowhead is ready to support it for years... The OG was legit and I played it on PS3 and then Vita.

I hope it works out for Arrowhead! Either way, TLHBR.