I miss midnight launches

Started by Twinblade, February 08, 2024, 03:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vice City and Uncharted 2 were big ones for me  :smoke:

February 08, 2024, 11:58:36 AM #2 Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 12:14:26 PM by Playstation Tablet
Halo OST sucked so bad I sold my 360. In a year PS3 got Uncharted 2, Demon Souls, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 that shit was pathetic. It was the start of the Forza, Halo, Gear rehash a thon.

Modern society sucks out all the soul from everything  :facep:

I don't. Fuckin hate standing in lines. Just want to go in, get my shit, then leave. 

Quote from: Twinblade on February 08, 2024, 03:40:21 AMhttps://twitter.com/NostalgiaFolder/status/1755030685327458716

This digital future blows man
I don't. 
Digital is much more convenient, don't have to wait and can just conveniently start it from my couch. 
Also no supply problems. 

I don't. Good ridddance. 

Getting the game preloaded and playing at 12am> 

The last thing I would ever want to do as an adult is go stand in line in the rain or cold with a bunch of smelly, dirty sweatpant wearing slob nerds to pick up a video game in some shitty strip mall at midnight

The last one I went to was the switch launch at my local BB. We were there until 2am but as someone with no friends who are gamers I thought it was nice to shoot the shit with some of those guys. It was fun for what it was.

Quote from: Twinblade on February 08, 2024, 04:42:49 PMThe last one I went to was the switch launch at my local BB. We were there until 2am but as someone with no friends who are gamers I thought it was nice to shoot the shit with some of those guys. It was fun for what it was.
The Westfarms plaza is fuckin ancient. 

Never went because I can wait a few fucking hours to start a stupid vidja. The amount of times I bought a game day one is very slim too and of every day 1 purchase I think only GODpunk was truly worth it  :banderoos:  :majestic: :banderoos:

Waiting is always the best option unless you are rich and have unlimited time.