Should I even bother trying Final Fantasy 16?

Started by David P, February 10, 2024, 10:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I really have low tolerance towards gaming these days. Also, I find most action RPGs to be pretty boring. Always preferred turn based. 

I dunno, just based on the comments are here it sounds like 16 is just a waste of time.
Playing: Star Ocean 2: Second Story R

Quote from: Remij on February 10, 2024, 10:19:01 PMYou already know you will hate it. :shrug:
I'm interested in the story, I like the art direction and visuals. It's the gameplay I'm worried about.

Why dont you not finish the 3 others games you got before you buy another one to not finish.

Quote from: Cool Jonny on February 10, 2024, 11:08:46 PMWhy dont you not finish the 3 others games you got before you buy another one to not finish.
I got four 4 PS5 games already, Ghostwire Tokyo, Valkyrie Elysium, Chernobylite and Terminator Resistance.

Picked em up cuz they were cheap but this is not what I want to play on PS5 first. 

I will not necessarily buy FFXVI right away, just looking out for the future. I'll admit I barely looked into the game at all, which is why I'm asking for opinions. 

I keep forgetting about Alan Wake 2. I need to play that. 

It was ok but I don't think you would like it. The game requires a lot of patience and there's so many sections that are just plain boring and made me question why I was continuing to play it.

Quote from: David P on February 10, 2024, 11:04:49 PMI'm interested in the story, I like the art direction and visuals. It's the gameplay I'm worried about.
Story sucks. Starts off promising and then becomes generic bullshit. Doesn't help the two best characters are... nevermind, that would be spoilers.

Gameplay is shallow. You basically find a rotation and then spam that rotation against everything. Doesn't matter what you're fighting, you just kill everything with the exact same setup.

Quote from: Sabo on February 12, 2024, 01:08:04 AMStory sucks. Starts off promising and then becomes generic bullshit. Doesn't help the two best characters are... nevermind, that would be spoilers.

Gameplay is shallow. You basically find a rotation and then spam that rotation against everything. Doesn't matter what you're fighting, you just kill everything with the exact same setup.

I know exactly what you mean by the character stuff. That was another really disappointing aspect.

You'll hate it play another JRPG. Get Ys 8 on PS5 or Switch.

I skipped 15 already, so probably 16 as well... if I can do it, you can do it, so no