I'm starting MMA training next week and I want to challenge Black Hand to a fight in 6 months

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao remember when we actually had women here

He went off the deep end, and I perm'd him.

Lol I remember this thread. 

Posted Images

JONBtheGreat1, on 24 Feb 2013 - 03:09, said:I will kill u. You cant defend nintendo i highly doubt u can defend yourself rofl

nigga what are u like 20 pounds, 4 foot 3, no skill or training? you have a better chance of making a good post :tom: Edited by Bruce Wayne

What's wrong with Karate? It made Lyoto Machida a LHW Champ and has him knocking on the door at a title shot. Not that he'd beat Jones, but its not like the dude is a joke.

Also lmao @ shitoli. Even if this were remotely true, the first fight your bitch ass would want to take is someone who is 2-3 weight classes below you? :mickey:

Why the fuck would you train greco/roman wrestling instead of BJJ or SW?? Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I want to do as much damage as possible.

With boxing I will refine the striking with my fists.  With Muay Thai I will be able to execute the kicks and stand up technique while incorporating boxing.  With wrestling I will be able to do takedowns and do a lot of ground and pound.  I don't anticipate that I will be on my back much for this fight but I will still train on submission defense.

Why the fuck would you train greco/roman wrestling instead of BJJ or SW?? Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I want to do as much damage as possible. With boxing I will refine the striking with my fists. With Muay Thai I will be able to execute the kicks and stand up technique while incorporating boxing. With wrestling I will be able to do takedowns and do a lot of ground and pound. I don't anticipate that I will be on my back much for this fight but I will still train on submission defense. I've been training MMA for a while. A mix of Muay Thai/K1, Boxing, SW and BJJ. If you want to have good ground game, Submission Wrestling and/or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is an obviously better choice than Greco-Roman Wrestling. Edited by ScaryMovies

I want to do as much damage as possible. With boxing I will refine the striking with my fists. With Muay Thai I will be able to execute the kicks and stand up technique while incorporating boxing. With wrestling I will be able to do takedowns and do a lot of ground and pound. I don't anticipate that I will be on my back much for this fight but I will still train on submission defense. I've been training MMA for a while. A mix of Muay Thai/K1, Boxing, SW and BJJ. If you want to have good ground game, Submission Wrestling and/or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is an obviously better choice than Greco-Roman Wrestling.

I will talk to my instructor about it on Monday.  Would you be interested in scheduled fight in a few months?  Nothing serious just like an exhibition or something.  What weight class do you fight in?

I want to do as much damage as possible. With boxing I will refine the striking with my fists. With Muay Thai I will be able to execute the kicks and stand up technique while incorporating boxing. With wrestling I will be able to do takedowns and do a lot of ground and pound. I don't anticipate that I will be on my back much for this fight but I will still train on submission defense. I've been training MMA for a while. A mix of Muay Thai/K1, Boxing, SW and BJJ. If you want to have good ground game, Submission Wrestling and/or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is an obviously better choice than Greco-Roman Wrestling.

I will talk to my instructor about it on Monday.  Would you be interested in scheduled fight in a few months?  Nothing serious just like an exhibition or something.  What weight class do you fight in?

If you wanna come to Norway, or pay for my ticket and stay, then sure :ben:

I'm just curious as to why you'd go for a wrestling style that puts an emphasis on throws instead of grappling (i.e. chokes and joint locks) and ground fighting. Also, Greco-Roman forbids holds below the waist.. My brother was awesome at Greco-Roman wrestling when he was active, but IMO it's more of a sport than a martial art. 

Edited by ScaryMovies

It has to take at least a number of years to get even decent at 1 martial arts style.  Let alone 3 at the same time, plus strength training and cardio? 6x a week?  Troll so hard

Edited by DMC

It has to take at least a number of years to get even decent at 1 martial arts style.  Let alone 3 at the same time, plus strength training and cardio?  Troll so hard

I don't think he's taking about being UFC level good.. Believe it or not, it doesn't take that long to learn the basics.

You'll get in shape real fast training MMA. You can compliment your training with hitting the gym two-three times a week (if your MMA gym doesn't have the equipment) and do weightlifting and intervals on a thread mill. 

What's wrong with Karate? It made Lyoto Machida a LHW Champ and has him knocking on the door at a title shot. Not that he'd beat Jones, but its not like the dude is a joke.  Also lmao @ shitoli. Even if this were remotely true, the first fight your bitch ass would want to take is someone who is 2-3 weight classes below you? :mickey:

NoKarate is not what makes lyoto a champ It's also his amazing takedowns/takedown defense and bjj blackbelt that make are more responsible Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2