Sign in to follow this  
Boss

Expired Tostitos Nacho Cheese

Tastes the same as when it is fresh.  

Last night I went to my fridge to find something to eat with my Restaurant Style Tostitos.  It was late.  I found the nacho cheese, brought it back to my bedroom and began to eat out of the jar that hadn't been opened yet.  I ate about half the jar.  When I went back downstairs to put the cheese away I noticed the expire date was "Nov 14 2013".  My life flashed before my eyes and I wanted to hurl, but I seem to be ok today.

A "best before date" does not mean they turn to poison after that date. It just means they are not 100% as good as they were.

Most packaged foods that do not require refrigeration are safe to eat for years after the expiry date as long as they are not opened.

• Upvote 1

Oh yea smart guy!?

thanks smart guy.  I still wont eat anything that says it expired.  It's a mental thing.

A couple weeks ago I was making buttermilk pancakes.

I opened the buttermilk and it poured out some thin watery looking shit. I gave it a shake and globs of white slime started coming out.

I looked at the expiry date. It was 2 weeks past.

Had to throw out the whole thing and start over.

Aren't you glad I shared? :spincool:

ill just eat zombies instead 

expired canned goods

:puke:

Canned goods last forever.

I'd swear when my grandma was alive she fed up canned stuff that was 5 years old.

Nothing worse than drinking expired milk. I usually drink it straight from the bag cuz I'm a slob like that, but damn when I realized it was sour and chunky, I almost puked. Even the cat didn't want any of that shit and that little fucker loves milk.

Also we had a box of chicken wings in the freezer and it's only been there for a few months. I took it out and they were covered in frost, but I'm like fuck it, they're probably still good. Wrong! It was horrible! They must of unthawed and then froze back up again. I ate like 5 of them before throwing out the rest. I thought for sure I'd get sick, but I didn't.

When it comes to moldy cheese though, I just cut the mold off, shred it and spread it on my fries and smoother it in gravy... Mmmm mmmm good! :smug:

Edited by Blazzin_0ne

Processed foods are not real food. They are food like products. The expiration date is just a best time to consume it by. Real food is obvious when it expires.

Processed foods are not real food. They are food like products. The expiration date is just a best time to consume it by. Real food is obvious when it expires.

Oh yea smart guy!?

thanks smart guy.  I still wont eat anything that says it expired.  It's a mental thing.

According to google this is our most popular page :ben:

• Thanks 1

The most like reason it wasn't moldy is that it was still sealed and they typically pasteurized this thing, so there was barely any bacterial grow while in the fridge.