The Official "What are you watching?" thread

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s my quick review of hereditary:   1. It’s nowhere near being the scariest movie ever. It’s more of an unsettling thriller.    2. It’s surprisingly unpredictable. The trail

my mini review of mother:   I finally saw the movie Mother. I think it’s a better work of art, and conversation piece, than it is a film. The symbolism and metaphors are fantastic, and it wa

this looks nuts

Posted Images

On 10/27/2017 at 0:06 AM, AdrianWerner said:

You mean the street lights hacking? That's actually scarily not all that sci fi

https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/woot14/woot14-ghena.pdf

Nah changing the traffic lights alone is ridiculous, but the fact that its an all in one hacking device  that does a bunch of other shit is just laughable. Its enough to lessen my enjoyment of the show if ill be honest.

edit: Just finished it. It ended on a strong note, especially considering they moved away from all the bullshit. Great series overall.

Edited by Twinblade
On 28.10.2017 at 0:50 AM, Angelfish said:

I know it has its critics but I'm really digging Gotham.  It's so cartoonishly over the top and totally unapologetic about it.

Yeah, I love Gotham. Just plain fun and doesn't try to be anything else. It moves are ridiculously brisk pace, avoids all the shit that bogs down typical comicbook shows and it's easily the best looking comicbook show around. Gotham as a city is wonderful setting and the show really makes great use of it, both visually and story wise, especially since lack of Batman really helps the city to breathe and it's villains to grow.

When Gotham was announced I was dissapointed it wasn't an adaptation of Gotham Central, but now I feel Gotham Central show would have been nowhere near as good as what we got. 

14 hours ago, AdrianWerner said:

Yeah, I love Gotham. Just plain fun and doesn't try to be anything else. It moves are ridiculously brisk pace, avoids all the shit that bogs down typical comicbook shows and it's easily the best looking comicbook show around. Gotham as a city is wonderful setting and the show really makes great use of it, both visually and story wise, especially since lack of Batman really helps the city to breathe and it's villains to grow.

When Gotham was announced I was dissapointed it wasn't an adaptation of Gotham Central, but now I feel Gotham Central show would have been nowhere near as good as what we got. 

Yeah, I totally agree that its strong visually and puts the Arrowverse to shame in that area.  

Also, Preacher got renewed.  Not bad.

23 minutes ago, Ike said:

Has anyone watched The Deuce? I’ve heard great things but haven’t invested time in it yet. Curb your Enthusiasm is still amazing by the way. 

i love it! it has a heavy slow burn, but the gritty realism and "loads" of exploitation are seductive. :bate:

About 2/3rds through Stranger Things 2.  With the exception of Ep. 7, which feels like an hour-long trailer for season 3, the show is still godly.

Dat Stephen King influence. :jerkit:

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

About 2/3rds through Stranger Things 2.  With the exception of Ep. 7, which feels like an hour-long trailer for season 3, the show is still godly.

Dat Stephen King influence. :jerkit:

i was told to skip ep 7. should i?