The Official "What are you watching?" thread

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s my quick review of hereditary:   1. It’s nowhere near being the scariest movie ever. It’s more of an unsettling thriller.    2. It’s surprisingly unpredictable. The trail

my mini review of mother:   I finally saw the movie Mother. I think it’s a better work of art, and conversation piece, than it is a film. The symbolism and metaphors are fantastic, and it wa

this looks nuts

Posted Images

17 hours ago, zwarri0r said:

At the end of ep1, they were both not wearing seat belts and I find that simply unbelievable as law enforcers. The show is not real enough

LOL the show is extremely realistic. you obviously don't hang with cops. i do, because i work with them.  most speed, and some don't use their seat beats (especially in uncover vehicles).  in the 70's, many people didn't wear seat belts, including law enforcement. 

the show is definitely a slow-burning thriller, but it rewards you for your patience. this is, in fact, how the BAU started to hunt "sequence killers" aka serial killers.  but if you don't like dialogue-heavy shows, it's definitely not for you. 

49 minutes ago, -GD- said:

GOAT :bow: 

dude this show is something else. it gets better every time. it really is the no.1 show. :lawd:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ike said:

The Leftovers is the best show ever and better than Breaking Bad. Fight me. 

never heard of it and your profile pic is awesome so no fight. 

10 hours ago, Ike said:

it's an incredible show, but i still love BB more. but that leftovers finale was mindblowing. :love:

On 6/27/2018 at 4:10 PM, Ike said:

Leftovers is amazing, Season 2 is up there with the greatest seasons of a show ever however I would probably still give the edge to BB overall.

The only show for me that is possibly as good if not better than BB is Utopia (UK). However it got cancelled after the second season :sad: Still so worth watching S1 and S2. Incredible show if you appreciate more than just great acting, writing. It has amazing cinematography, incredible use of symbolism and the way it uses bright colours against super dark themes is amazing. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Leftovers is amazing, Season 2 is up there with the greatest seasons of a show ever however I would probably still give the edge to BB overall.

The only show for me that is possibly as good if not better than BB is Utopia (UK). However it got cancelled after the second season :sad: Still so worth watching S1 and S2. Incredible show if you appreciate more than just great acting, writing. It has amazing cinematography, incredible use of symbolism and the way it uses bright colours against super dark themes is amazing. Can't recommend it highly enough.

21 minutes ago, Ike said:

I’m super excited to see what Lindelof can do with the Watchmen IP. He’s fucking phenomenal at character development as shown in Leftovers and Lost. 

you both have godly taste. 

• Like 1
Just now, -GD- said:

you both have godly taste. 

I know exactly 0 people who watched The Leftovers. Such a shame it never got the attention it deserved when it was on. Only got one Emmy nomination over it’s entire run too. It’ll go down as The Wire of this decade. Such an amazing show in every way. International Assassin is one of the best 60 minutes of television ever made. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Ike said:

I know exactly 0 people who watched The Leftovers. Such a shame it never got the attention it deserved when it was on. Only got one Emmy nomination over it’s entire run too. It’ll go down as The Wire of this decade. Such an amazing show in every way. International Assassin is one of the best 60 minutes of television ever made. 

i remember being a bit nervous about the series finale...wondering how they could pull it off. man....that finale blew my mind. it answered nothing, yet everything - just like it promised. it was perfection. it also stayed faithful to its quirkiness, while still tugging at the heart strings. i watched it 4 times. 

• Like 1
Just now, -GD- said:

i remember being a bit nervous about the series finale...wondering how they could pull it off. man....that finale blew my mind. it answered nothing, yet everything - just like it promised. it was perfection. it also stayed faithful to its quirkiness, while still tugging at the heart strings. i watched it 4 times. 

He did everything he tried to do in Lost but just so much better. I was worried too given the polarity of the Lost finale and the way that ended but my god it was so good. You can take or leave Nora’s story but it didn’t really matter at all because that’s not what the show was about. The character development of everyone, particularly Nora and Kevin, was incredible. The ending of them just holding hands was perfect. 

I loved the episode too in the “afterlife” when he’s the president and Patty is his secretary of defense. The part where he has to do the dick scanner is awesome. :D 

• Like 2