Sign in to follow this  
Pawtucket Pat

Is 360 worth it without HDTV?

I found an incredible deal on a core 360 ($100 on Amazon.com next Thursday possibly) so to buy an HDD for it would make a premium 360 for half the regular price. Question is, I don't have an HDTV. Is it worth the money if i use an SDTV with S-Video input? I'd like some feedback from people who use this setup, or anyone else using an SDTV. Thanks. :-*

worth it or not, that deal is too good to pass up. Chances are you'll get an HDTV sometime in the future and you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it now.

As for HD+360, it's a difference but it's not a experience-killing difference.

Hidden

worth it or not, that deal is too good to pass up. Chances are you'll get an HDTV sometime in the future and you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it now.

As for HD+360, it's a difference but it's not a experience-killing difference.

:happysad:

IMO

I strongly believe you don't need an hdtv to enjoy the 360

HD doesn't so much cept make the game look prettier. If the game is good gameplay wise you should have a blast with it.

I didn't get an HDTV for awhile after I got my 360 at launch. It makes a difference, but the games still look a lot better than original Xbox games on SDTV. You should definatly take that offer up. Like XSF said it's just too good to pass up.

Thanks. :P On that note, can anyone give me a list of games that look great/look like crap on SDTV? I know Dead Rising supposedly has a problem with the text being unreadable. :meh:

As for the deal you've been asking me about, if I tell you there's less a chance of me getting one. :meh: Rumor has it that Target is going to have a deal on Black Friday selling core 360s for $120.

Thanks. :( On that note, can anyone give me a list of games that look great/look like crap on SDTV? I know Dead Rising supposedly has a problem with the text being unreadable. :D

As for the deal you've been asking me about, if I tell you there's less a chance of me getting one. :( Rumor has it that Target is going to have a deal on Black Friday selling core 360s for $120.

I'm so there B)

Also be ready on 10:59 thanksgiving morning to buy it yoz

I know I am :(

Also avoid dead rising either way. It gets old WAY TO FAST. And looks liek balls on an SDTV :(

The rest are fine tho. You should enjoy them alot

Its a pretty noticbale difference. When i first got my 360, i had a SDTV, but it still had component cables. Shit looked good on it though. Should be alright though.