Sign in to follow this  
JonB

Playing a wii online

What do i need? I currently just swith eternet cables to play 360, since its literally 3 feet from my modem. I cant do this with wii right? I need a router? HOw much are those...and how much are component cables?

Also, i know alot of HDTVs have gamelag if you dont use component cables....has anything been stated about wii doin this?

K, so there is like 100 posts about zelda flopping yet nobody cares enough to help a fellow gamer get into this wii shit:shakes:

K, so there is like 100 posts about zelda flopping yet nobody cares enough to help a fellow gamer get into this wii shit:shakes:

they care too much about scores. one aaa exclsuive is like better than 100 good games to a sheep. i think it's time for them to change.:D

What do i need? I currently just swith eternet cables to play 360, since its literally 3 feet from my modem. I cant do this with wii right? I need a router? HOw much are those...and how much are component cables?

Also, i know alot of HDTVs have gamelag if you dont use component cables....has anything been stated about wii doin this?

I dont think Wii has the ethernet slot, you'll need a wireless router or use that usb adapter.

The component cables can be bought either from nintendo.com or some retailers for 29.99 i think

Hmm... seems my post never showed up, guess I'll have to retype it. :glad:

Anyway, Nintendo is releasing an USB to Ethernet adapter early next year, which will run about $25- LAN Adapter. But if you want to be online now, you will have to go the wi-fi route with either Nintendo's USB key or a wireless router.

As for lag (and I'm assuming lag between controlling the game and action happening onscreen) without component cables, I haven't noticed too much on the HDTVs that Gamestop uses for their kiosks, so that may not be a concern here. Component Cables currently run $30 from Nintendo- Component Cables