Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Official Politics Thread.

This happened right around the time of the election.  Once a spotlight was being shown on outside groups clearly trying to influence, these same people immediately started saying "dey just memes! dey just memes!" As a form of cover.

If that's the case, let's see politicians win an election with zero TV commercials.

Marketing is marketing.  If it wasn't a big deal, then it wouldn't be among the 10 largest industries in the US, by revenue. And the median salary for a marketing executive would be between $180k-$220k for a profession that, supposedly, has no tangible skills.

21 hours ago, kokujin said:

Hil losing if anything proves the american system will honor a vote.  The only good take away.  Wish super delegates weren't a thing!!

If super delegates weren't a thing, we'd have Bernie instead of Trump and none of this dumbass bs going on. But, the dems are corrupt piece of shit. 

1 hour ago, Sublyminal said:

If super delegates weren't a thing, we'd have Bernie instead of Trump and none of this dumbass bs going on. But, the dems are corrupt piece of shit. 

This is true. And it's so fucking sad lol. Open caucuses should also be a thing. New York for example you had to register as democrat 8 months before the caucus to vote for Bernie?? Stories of people's affiliation being switched?? The establishment is sickos. We had a 71 year old jew on his deathbed no doubt fearless to do the right thing.  But the masses are stubborn!!

36 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

New charges filed against both Gates and Manafort; charges themselves are court-sealed:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/21/paul-manafort-rick-gates-new-charges-criminal-case-419685

Mueller sure is turning up the heat on "that whole Russia thing". :ben:

All these guilty pleas and indictments. Nothing to see here folks :lupe:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

All these guilty pleas and indictments. Nothing to see here folks :lupe:

None of this means anything because it's only the people surrounding the president who are pleading guilty, not the president himself. :ben:

So the solution to solving school shootings is to arm the teachers.  Lol what happens when a teacher loses his shit and starts massacring his students?  What would be the response then? "Oh we didn't vet him well enough" blah blah the cycle continues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

So the solution to solving school shootings is to arm the teachers.  Lol what happens when a teacher loses his shit and starts massacring his students?  What would be the response then? "Oh we didn't vet him well enough" blah blah the cycle continues. 

Anybody who has interacted with the coaching staff of their high school knows that there's always that one coach that's not mentally fit to carry pepper spray, much less a handgun.  The real answer is to release the CDC to conduct the research into gun violence that it needs to, then to decide on policy based on that research.  What will most likely happen is that you'll still get to keep your automatic weapons, but you'll have to be mentally sound to purchase them, and you'll have to obtain a license via a training course that requires renewal every 5 years or so.

Trump Blames Movies, Video Games for Youth Violence

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trump-blames-movies-video-games-youth-violence-1087462

:pffft:

Republican Rhode Island representative Robert "Bobby" Nardolillo proposed legislation that will call for a tax on video games rated “M” or higher earlier this week.

:brett:

I bet a lot of those 4chan Trump fags are conflicted right about now. Just like with Session's war on weed.

Edited by Substatic
  • Upvote 1

I'll patiently wait for Trumps defenders and "i don't like him, but Hillary..." to come in here and distract from the fact that Trump just suggested banning violence in gaming and movies. :killzone:

1 hour ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

I'll patiently wait for Trumps defenders and "i don't like him, but Hillary..." to come in here and distract from the fact that Trump just suggested banning violence in gaming and movies. :killzone:

He didn't just say that. He also said that video games should have a rating system of some sort:

"We have to do something about what [kids are] seeing and how they're seeing it," Trump said during the meeting. "And also video games. I'm hearing more and more people say the level of violence on video games is shaping more and more people's thoughts."

Trump followed this statement by referencing "movies [that] come out that are so violent with the killing and everything else." He made a suggestion for keeping children from watching violent films: "Maybe they have to put a rating system for that."

This is usually the part where these too-embarassed-to-call-themselves-right-wingers-but-pretty-much-behave-and-talk-like-obvious-right-wingers use the ole "that's just harmless talk" strategy to dismiss this.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

He didn't just say that. He also said that video games should have a rating system of some sort:

This is usually the part where these too-embarassed-to-call-themselves-right-wingers-but-pretty-much-behave-and-talk-like-obvious-right-wingers use the ole "that's just harmless talk" strategy to dismiss this.

He's just spitballin'.  He dudn't mean it, he dudn't mean it! :heh:

Robert Mueller went and buried Paul Manafort with an additional 32 "superseding" indictments on top of the other stuff he's indicted him with.

Manafort's side man, Rick Gates, ended up dumping his lawyers who had been initially paid by Manafort and was going to speak to Mueller last week, and now this week Mueller comes up with a whole bunch of charges of Bank Fraud and Tax Fraud saying that he's discovered an additional $30 million dollars that Paul Manafort was trying to stash away from the American government.

Hmmmm, i wonder where Mueller was able to discover that information?:Jeff:

There's no separating Americans from their guns.  They'll literally ban all forms of entertainment before attempting to reform any gun laws or even admit that they have a problem. :francis: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

There's no separating Americans from their guns.  They'll literally ban all forms of entertainment before attempting to reform any gun laws or even admit that they have a problem. :francis: 

You know, part of me is embarassed that these high school kids are doing more to move the needle on this issue than the previous 10-20 years of battles regarding gun control.

basically, they need to use the same tactics as the Pro-Life people and show dead white kids laying on the floor of a public school, their bodies torn to threads.

Their smartphones may very well be the thing that the NRA cannot stop. These kids need to record the violence, and just start flooding all of it online, through all social media. 

Even more effect than the video was the sound in the video.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You know, part of me is embarassed that these high school kids are doing more to move the needle on this issue than the previous 10-20 years of battles regarding gun control.

basically, they need to use the same tactics as the Pro-Life people and show dead white kids laying on the floor of a public school, their bodies torn to threads.

Their smartphones may very well be the thing that the NRA cannot stop. These kids need to record the violence, and just start flooding all of it online, through all social media. 

Even more effect than the video was the sound in the video.

Pretty much exactly.  The sound and the screams is what really gets to me.  And I agree, it is embarrassing and sad that it has to come to that.  At work, a few co-workers and myself were discussing the Fl. shooting, and besides stating the absolute horror it, we were asking ourselves just exactly what scale of an attack has to happen for real change to begin?  At what point do parents just decide enough is enough and lean towards home schooling regardless of the strain it would put on us?  I would be terrified to ever send my kid back to that school, or any school for that matter.  And that's just as the parent.  That's not to say anything of the stress and burden the children themselves would be under to set foot in any institution of learning again.