Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Official Politics Thread.

I think this whole Kavanaugh fiasco may have pushed the country even more to the right, this November might not be good for Dems

Hopefully if they lose it'll be a wake up call about aligning with these insane millennial mobs.

Edited by Vini

1 hour ago, Vini said:

I think this whole Kavanaugh fiasco may have pushed the country even more to the right, this November might not be good for Dems

Hopefully if they lose it'll be a wake up call about aligning with these insane millennial mobs.

Thanks for the status update of what's going on in your version of the world. lol

22 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Thanks for the status update of what's going on in your version of the world. lol

We'll see what happens but I'm pretty pessimistic. 

On 2018-10-08 at 12:39 PM, jehurey said:

If I have 50,000 spread across 100 counties out in Wisconsin and Montana............is that supposed to be more impressive than 200,000 people spread across 4 counties in Illinois?

No. And it also shows that the Electoral College is not balanced.

And I already explained to you a MODIFIED Electoral College in which CA and NY basically remain the same, but Democratic voters in the midwest can still produce electoral votes for the Democrat (and vice versa with the Republican).

I'm going to explain this to you one more time............and I'm going to explain to you really, really slow.

Under the current Electoral College system, California would give all 55 votes towards the Democrats.

Under my MODIFIED Electoral College system, there's got to be at least 10% Republican voters in CA, that would mean that the Democrat would ONLY get 49 votes..........and the Republican gets 6 votes.

Do you understand that?  I think you do because you've purposely not responded to that twice already. 

Except, in Texas, if 40% of the voters vote Democrat, then  they should pro-rate 40% of Texas' 38 electoral votes. That would mean 15 votes go towards the Democrat, and the remaining 23 go towards the Republican.

That is fair. And your complaint about CA and NY is addressed.  You already know this, you're just TRYING to play dumb.

Come off that dude, you wouldn't be up here bitching and moaning about how unfair the EC is if Hillary had won.  That is 100% fact, you know it, I know it and all the righties up her know it.  When it works in your favor you throw it by the wayside, however, when it doesn't you bitch and moan and bitch and moan ad nauseam.  The EC is the way it is because as I stated, 242 years ago (I want to go ahead and throw that out there) the founding fathers put together a system that was favorable to all.

What you need to do is stop bitching, start going door to door and getting support together for 2020. Else once again, Trump will be in office, and we will still be here listening to the left bitch and moan and scream that the EC is still so unfair. 

For the time being, I suggest you stop stressing yourself out over this shit. It could be a whole lot worse. 

6 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

Come off that dude, you wouldn't be up here bitching and moaning about how unfair the EC is if Hillary had won.  That is 100% fact, you know it, I know it and all the righties up her know it.  When it works in your favor you throw it by the wayside, however, when it doesn't you bitch and moan and bitch and moan ad nauseam.  The EC is the way it is because as I stated, 242 years ago (I want to go ahead and throw that out there) the founding fathers put together a system that was favorable to all.

What you need to do is stop bitching, start going door to door and getting support together for 2020. Else once again, Trump will be in office, and we will still be here listening to the left bitch and moan and scream that the EC is still so unfair. 

For the time being, I suggest you stop stressing yourself out over this shit. It could be a whole lot worse. 

Doesn't matter who won. The EC is stupid and antiquated. You'll want it changed as soon as feminazi democrat is elected. 

10 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

If Hillary had won, she would have both the majority of Electoral Votes, and the majority of popular votes.

You wouldn't be able to complain about how unfair the system was, because she would've won it in multiple ways.

I like how I have explained my MODIFIED Electoral Vote system to you three different times, and you try to play dumb and pretend you didn't see it.

Land. Doesn't. Vote.

And fewer people spread out over MORE LAND shouldn't have their votes COUNT MORE than many people living in a concentrated space.

Elections are determined by people. Period. Votes are counted in intervals of 1 vote =1 eligible American voter.

You lost the argument, and now you are trying to change the subject to how much I'm "moaning and bitching". Yeah that's not going to work.

I doubt this commercial would ever air on television here in Texas, but this is definitely going to be pass around on social networks.  This guy, who was in the movie Bernie, is just too funny.

Trump admin looking to stifle protests in the National Mall, Trumpets in this thread suddenly quiet about Free Speech™:

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/rights-protesters/trump-administration-seeks-stifle-protests-near-white-house-and

Ford about to undergo massive layoffs as a direct result of Trump's trade wars:

http://fortune.com/2018/10/09/ford-stock-today-layoffs-trump-trade-tariffs/

Winning™ :cruise: 

3 hours ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Trump admin looking to stifle protests in the National Mall, Trumpets in this thread suddenly quiet about Free Speech™:

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/rights-protesters/trump-administration-seeks-stifle-protests-near-white-house-and

Ford about to undergo massive layoffs as a direct result of Trump's trade wars:

http://fortune.com/2018/10/09/ford-stock-today-layoffs-trump-trade-tariffs/

Winning™ :cruise: 

Hell, they'd probably think that the people who protest around the national mall would be "compelling the speech" of those who are around the national mall that weren't intending to protest.

They'd scream "another compelled speech violation from the leftists!!!"

The Alfa Bank story from Oct 2016 is now coming back, because another journalist kept on following and tracking the server activity since the New York Times reported on it a little, but ultimately stopped talking about.

So, the original 2016 reporting was that there was a Trump Tower server that was "irregularly pinging" Alfa Bank, which is a private bank that is headquartered in Russia. There was data traffic between Trump Tower and Alfa Bank.

Christopher Steele's dossier (from August 2016) mentions how Alfa Bank is close to Putin and the Kremlin.

The NYT dropped the story, they even had written up drafts that delved deeper into the story, back in 2016. But they didn't publish it.....at request of the FBI, because they had an ongoing counter-intelligence investigation regarding those communications.

To repeat: Trump (or at least something that was originating from Trump's Tower) was the subject of an FBI counter-intelligence investigation as of October 2016. And they even told the New York Times to back off for the sake of their investigation. The NYT even had an Oct. 31st article that even said "Investigation Donald Trump, FBI sees no clear link to Russia."

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html

So a second reporter at the New Yorker takes the information gathered by the first reporter from the NYT and continues to follow up on the story.

Slate ended up being the only publication to mention the Alfa Bank server communications back in 2016, and they took heat for doing that. But ultimately people stopped reporting on the story, and it stalled there.

So the second reporter takes the server DNS record logs and the amount of data that is trafficked, and brings it to computer experts to determine what type of data is being sent. Was it spam? Was it just meaningless traffic? And they could only estimate that they were doing the common tactic of "foldering" where they communicate with each other by sharing unsent emails that sits on a server. That way, no email is ever sent that could be retrieved.

So here's the "a-ha" moment. Back in 2016, the New York Times is drafting up their article, and in their research, they naturally call Alfa Bank to ask them questions about this thing happening:

One of the most tantalizing is that when the NYT was researching the story, they contacted Alpha Bank, who vigorously denied contact. Before they contacted the Trump organization, the Trump server DNS record was deleted. Since the story hadn't broken, and only Alpha Bank had been contacted, the fact that the Trump server was deleted from the DNS servers implies that Alpha Bank notified the Trump organization. This is as close as confirmation of the back channel as we can get.

Also worth mentioning is that Alpha Bank resumed conversations with a different Trump server after the first one went away - and it found that server with a single DNS lookup (meaning, they knew the server they were looking for, not random searching).

This could be the main back-channel between Trump and Russia. And who knows if the FBI successfully intercepted what type of data was being sent between the two.

53 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Hell, they'd probably think that the people who protest around the national mall would be "compelling the speech" of those who are around the national mall that weren't intending to protest.

They'd scream "another compelled speech violation from the leftists!!!"

Protesters paid so hard by (((((((Soros))))))) that he even forgot to pay the protesters:

On 2018-10-09 at 3:48 PM, Sublyminal said:

No I won't. I didn't want it changed when Bill Clinton was elected, didn't want it changed when W was elected, didn't want it changed when O was elected. It's because I know how our republic works. 

On 2018-10-09 at 4:01 PM, jehurey said:

If Hillary had won, she would have both the majority of Electoral Votes, and the majority of popular votes.

You wouldn't be able to complain about how unfair the system was, because she would've won it in multiple ways.

I like how I have explained my MODIFIED Electoral Vote system to you three different times, and you try to play dumb and pretend you didn't see it.

Land. Doesn't. Vote.

And fewer people spread out over MORE LAND shouldn't have their votes COUNT MORE than many people living in a concentrated space.

Elections are determined by people. Period. Votes are counted in intervals of 1 vote =1 eligible American voter.

You lost the argument, and now you are trying to change the subject to how much I'm "moaning and bitching". Yeah that's not going to work.

If you guys had truly wanted to win then you would have stood up to the DNC and demanded that they not run Hillary and instead run Bernie who rightfully deserved the nod.

Your modified system would be a complete failure. Not only would Republican states not agree to it but Democrat states wouldn't either. So "your" modified system is nothing more than a pipe dream.  Also "your" modified solution has been thought of before, so again pipedream.

15 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

If you guys had truly wanted to win then you would have stood up to the DNC and demanded that they not run Hillary and instead run Bernie who rightfully deserved the nod.

Your modified system would be a complete failure. Not only would Republican states not agree to it but Democrat states wouldn't either. So "your" modified system is nothing more than a pipe dream.  Also "your" modified solution has been thought of before, so again pipedream.

Sorry, you're not changing the subject.

Hillary DID win with the votes.

And under my pro-rated Electoral College points system, she would win that as well.

Democratic states would definitely agree. Because California and New York don't lose all that many points. Only Republicans states (that are loosely controlled by Republicans) would have a problem with it.

Its amazing how you just keep on trying to run to petty excuses. And this is coming from someone who voted for Bernie in the Dem primary. Stop trying to PRETEND you are a concern person about the Democratic party. You're not.

Its not my fault you guys got socially outcast during your teens and 20's and decided to be bitter alt-right supporters.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sorry, you're not changing the subject.

Hillary DID win with the votes.

And under my pro-rated Electoral College points system, she would win that as well.

Democratic states would definitely agree. Because California and New York don't lose all that many points. Only Republicans states (that are loosely controlled by Republicans) would have a problem with it.

Its amazing how you just keep on trying to run to petty excuses. And this is coming from someone who voted for Bernie in the Dem primary. Stop trying to PRETEND you are a concern person about the Democratic party. You're not.

Its not my fault you guys got socially outcast during your teens and 20's and decided to be bitter alt-right supporters.

No she wouldn't have won your prorated system either. 3000+ counties to 487 counties she would have still been smoked. 

Bitter alt right supporter? Mother fucker I voted for Rand.  which is why I truly don't give a shit what happnuts with Trump.  Not that anything will happen other than him getting reelected because you liberals are fucking nuts. 

Do you really think all of these protests are doing anything except pissing people off?

41 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

No she wouldn't have won your prorated system either. 3000+ counties to 487 counties she would have still been smoked. 

No......Electoral votes WITHIN a state aren't allocated within counties. LOL

Within the state is just a general vote.

If 60% of all residents of Nevada voted for Trump, he'd get a prorated share of their electoral votes (6 electoral votes, lets say 4 of them goes to Trump).  The remaining 40% gets the remaining electoral votes (2 electoral votes).

Definitely enough Democrats throughout those Republican states to ensure that Hillary would win.

I'm from Texas, and she got about 40% of the vote..............you need to understand something that you really have trouble grasping. There are Democrats and Republicans everywhere, the Electoral Votes Points system, as it stands now, makes it so that the minority group of voters from within a state feel like they have no affect, so this creates low voter turnout.

Texas leans Republican.........Texas is not a full-on Republican state, as the stereotype would suggest. (we had a Democratic senator as recent as 1993).

LOL, I love how you keep on trying to throw that 3000+ county stat like its supposed to impress anyone. We can tell that you learned that from some right-wing website.