Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Official Politics Thread.

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Vini said:

I'm center left and yes when it comes to freedom of speech I'm a better liberal than you and the other 3 certain individuals on this forum. 

Okay. I don't aspire to labels, so you do you fam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kokujin said:

 

nah, I'm pretty spot on about a lot of things.  I don't need more than above average sight on politics to know I'm not too hopeful or taken. You are welcome to argue and bussle till the cows come home. You haven't changed much. 

That's a Hot Take, Daria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted the exact same way you did in the last 8 years too, which is funny. Came to the same conclusions in a fraction of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kokujin said:

I voted the exact same way you did in the last 8 years too, which is funny. Came to the same conclusions in a fraction of the time. 

You're boasting about CUTTING CORNERS about being an informed citizen.


You remember the type of Beavis & butthead dipshit in high school that would be like "heh-heh-heheheh, you're doing homework. look at you trying, heh-heh-heh" and how they were trying to promote almost like a forced apathy in an attempt to look cool.

 

It was sad then, and it still remains sad now.

 

You are LITERALLY trying to put down people who want to do the homework, and who are trying to get other people to do homework.

 

Think about that, for a sec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Steve Bannon Causes Robot Sex Conference to Be Cancelled After Protests Erupt

BY Todd Neikirk December 4, 2018

 

Since being fired by Donald Trump in August of 2017, Steve Bannon has been busy speaking at different conferences. Some of these conferences are staples for Republican figures while others are just plain weird.

 

The weirdest conference of all was the 4th International Congress on Love and Sex with Robots. Bannon was tabbed to become the Keynote speaker at the ACE conference which was merged with the robot sex conference.

 

The announcement of Bannon as keynote speaker led to immediate backlash. Speakers meant to appear alongside Bannon began to drop out of the conference.

 

Peter Gray, a former Boston College professor who was to appear as a keynote speaker at ACE, said, “Bannon’s alt-right brand is personally odious to me and, more importantly, by association would work against my credibility and that of the causes to which I am passionately devoted.”

 

Katharine Neil, a game developer, also took issue with Bannon’s role in the conference, “For a conference like this, the keynote is either a leading academic researcher, or someone from industry who does relevant work. This is like inviting Ed Sheeran to keynote a microbiology conference. It’s unfathomable.”

 

To take advantage of Bannon’s appearance in Montana, ACE event organizer Adrian Cheok attempted to schedule a debate between Bannon and a University of Montana professor.

 

Due to heavy push back on multiple fronts, the merged conference and the debate have all been cancelled.

 

Loveandsexwithrobots.org noted on their website, “Since the arrangements being made for both conferences were inextricably intertwined, we have had no alternative but to postpone the congress on Love and Sex with Robots.”

 

giphy.gif

 

So, the robotic sex people think that being near Steve Bannon is utterly disgusting.

 

Guess robots do have standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. "when it comes to free speech I'm a better liberal than you" hasn't made a peep about Republicans committing electoral fraud by stealing absentee ballots, a clear violation of the first ammendment:

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/05/man-center-apparent-fraud-north-carolina-may-have-been-doing-this-eight-years/?utm_term=.27970c03c175

 

He also hasn't made a peep about Governor Scott Walker stripping Governor-elect Tony Evers and his Attorney General-elect Josh Kaul of their powers in an unconstitutional power grab meant to subvert the will of the voters, which is yet another first amendment issue:

 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/bad-day-democracy-democrats-uproar-after-wisconsin-gop-rams-through-n944331

 

To put it plainly, the only time we've heard Victimhood Vini complain about free speech is when some alt-righter loses the ability to speak on a private platform.   Imagine that.  Wonder what his real motivation is? :] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Mr. "when it comes to free speech I'm a better liberal than you" hasn't made a peep about Republicans committing electoral fraud by stealing absentee ballots, a clear violation of the first ammendment:

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/05/man-center-apparent-fraud-north-carolina-may-have-been-doing-this-eight-years/?utm_term=.27970c03c175

 

He also hasn't made a peep about Governor Scott Walker stripping Governor-elect Tony Evers and his Attorney General-elect Josh Kaul of their powers in an unconstitutional power grab meant to subvert the will of the voters, which is yet another first amendment issue:

 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/bad-day-democracy-democrats-uproar-after-wisconsin-gop-rams-through-n944331

 

To put it plainly, the only time we've heard Victimhood Vini complain about free speech is when some alt-righter loses the ability to speak on a private platform.   Imagine that.  Wonder what his real motivation is? :] 

His real motivation is to parrot what he see and hears in right wing media TV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

You're boasting about CUTTING CORNERS about being an informed citizen.


You remember the type of Beavis & butthead dipshit in high school that would be like "heh-heh-heheheh, you're doing homework. look at you trying, heh-heh-heh" and how they were trying to promote almost like a forced apathy in an attempt to look cool.

 

It was sad then, and it still remains sad now.

 

You are LITERALLY trying to put down people who want to do the homework, and who are trying to get other people to do homework.

 

Think about that, for a sec.

omg. I knew to vote for Obama, knew I didn't have to in MN for him to win, knew to vote and spread bernie propoganda, knew to cast a vote for Hilary even seconds after reading the wikiliks crap in line, knew not to condone Trump. Knew 2018 congress/senate seats were important.  What corners have I cut?  We have the exact same grade on the test broh. You just mad because you're a try-hard nosey ass who scored the same score on the test.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kokujin said:

omg. I knew to vote for Obama, knew I didn't have to in MN for him to win, knew to vote and spread bernie propoganda, knew to cast a vote for Hilary even seconds after reading the wikiliks crap in line, knew not to condone Trump. Knew 2018 congress/senate seats were important.  What corners have I cut?  We have the exact same grade on the test broh. You just mad because you're a try-hard nosey ass who scored the same score on the test.  

No, you have a D- on your test.

 

We both passed.........but you do not have the exact same grade as me. Not even close.

 

Nah, that's too harsh, I think I'll say C-

Edited by jehurey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you have a D- on your test.

 

We both passed.........but you do not have the exact same grade as me. Not even close.

 

Nah, that's too harsh, I think I'll say C-

same vote history. same conclusions. you realize you can't score lower because you showed more anal work than I, right, bummdigger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kokujin said:

same vote history. same conclusions. you realize you can't score lower because you showed more anal work than I, right, bummdigger?

no.......because you are such a lazy voter that you could potentially allow terrible Democrats to take advantage of your laziness.

 

That's the flip side of the same problem we are dealing with non-thinking right-wing voters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Documents Point to Illegal Campaign Coordination Between Trump and the NRA

Trump and the gun group used the same consultants to spearhead TV ad blitzes at the height of the 2016 election, likely in violation of federal law.

 

The National Rifle Association spent $30 million to help elect Donald Trump—more than any other independent conservative group. Most of that sum went toward television advertising, but a political message loses its power if it fails to reach the right audience at the right time. For the complex and consequential task of placing ads in key markets across the nation in 2016, the NRA turned to a media strategy firm called Red Eagle Media.

 

One element of Red Eagle’s work for the NRA involved purchasing a slate of 52 ad slots on WVEC, the ABC affiliate in Norfolk, Virginia, in late October 2016. The ads targeted adults aged 35 to 64, and aired on local news programs and syndicated shows like Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune. In paperwork filed with the Federal Communications Commission, Red Eagle described them as “anti-Hillary” and “pro-Trump.”

 

The Trump campaign pursued a strikingly similar advertising strategy. Shortly after the Red Eagle purchase, as Election Day loomed, it bought 33 ads on the same station, set to air during the same week. The ads, which the campaign purchased through a firm called American Media & Advocacy Group (AMAG), were aimed at precisely the same demographic as the NRA spots, and often ran during the same shows, bombarding Norfolk viewers with complementary messages.

 

The two purchases may have looked coincidental; Red Eagle and AMAG appear at first glance to be separate firms. But each is closely connected to a major conservative media-consulting firm called National Media Research, Planning and Placement. In fact, the three outfits are so intertwined that both the NRA’s and the Trump campaign’s ad buys were authorized by the same person: National Media’s chief financial officer, Jon Ferrell.

 

“This is very strong evidence, if not proof, of illegal coordination,” said Larry Noble, a former general counsel for the Federal Election Commission. “This is the heat of the general election, and the same person is acting as an agent for the NRA and the Trump campaign.”

 

Reporting by The Trace, which has teamed up with Mother Jones to investigate the NRA’s political activity, shows that the NRA and the Trump campaign employed the same operation—at times, the exact same people—to craft and execute their advertising strategies for the 2016 presidential election. The investigation, which involved a review of more than 1,000 pages of Federal Communications Commission and Federal Election Commission documents, found multiple instances in which National Media, through its affiliates Red Eagle and AMAG, executed ad buys for Trump and the NRA that seemed coordinated to enhance each other.

 

Individuals working for National Media or its affiliated companies either signed or were named in FCC documents, demonstrating that they had knowledge of both the NRA and the Trump campaign’s advertising plans.

 

Experts say the arrangement appears to violate campaign finance laws.

 

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a situation where illegal coordination seems more obvious,” said Ann Ravel, a former chair of the Federal Election Commission who reviewed the records. “It is so blatant that it doesn’t even seem sloppy. Everyone involved probably just thinks there aren’t going to be any consequences.”

 

And who has been establishing the fact that Russian oligarch money went through the NRA????????

 

The FBI and the Robert Mueller Special Investigation.:reg:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jehurey said:

no.......because you are such a lazy voter that you could potentially allow terrible Democrats to take advantage of your laziness.

 

That's the flip side of the same problem we are dealing with non-thinking right-wing voters.

I'm not against green independent or bernie, so no. 

 

I get democrats want tax money to do as they please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kokujin said:

I'm not against green independent or bernie, so no. 

 

I get democrats want tax money to do as they please.

Then you are a lazy voter.

 

This is exactly the situation in which, a Republican organization or spinoff organization, could secretly prop up a "Green Candidate" and say just the right things to appear like a liberal, but exploit your lazy understanding of Democrats to make you think that you should vote third party.

 

Republicans get people who would've voted Democrat to be duped by a third-party, the Republican candidate who would not have won a one-on-one election with the Democrat comes out victorious because of this strategy.

 

And its a common strategy. This happens at the local and state level elections, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when your drug prices were going down?

 

 

 

 

:grimaceleft:

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/pfizer-to-raise-some-drug-prices-despite-pressure-from-trump.html

 

Pfizer will raise prices on 41 of its prescription drugs in January after initially putting off those plans this summer amid pressure from President Trump.



The drug giant will increase the list price of about 10 percent of its drugs Jan. 15, the company announced Friday. Most of the increases will be 5 percent, though Pfizer will raise three drugs' list prices by 3 percent and one drug's by 9 percent.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you know how Trump has hated Andrew McCabe because he said that he's a Clinton operative that helped Hillary during the election?

 

Turns out that he started hating on Andrew McCabe right around the time James Comey was fired.

 

And that may have to do with the fact that Andrew McCabe ordered an Obstruction of Justice investigation immediately upon James Comey getting fired.

 

 

Quote

 

Report: McCabe launched obstruction probe after Comey's firing

 

After President Trump fired FBI Director James Comey in May 2017 but before the appointment of Special Counsel Robert Mueller, then-acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe opened an obstruction of justice investigation, two people with knowledge of the matter told CNN on Thursday.

 

McCabe and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein were both concerned about President Trump's behavior, CNN reports, and they discussed several different ways they could rein him in, including having Rosenstein wear a wire while meeting with him (when The New York Times first reported this detail in September, Rosenstein denied it). CNN says the FBI had been considering launching the investigation even before Comey was fired, because of Trump asking Comey during an Oval Office meeting to end the investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

 

A Department of Justice official told CNN Rosenstein never attempted to curtail Trump, but others with knowledge of the matter said Rosenstein and several top FBI officials did worry about Trump's behavior. For more on the chaotic days after Comey's firing, visit CNN

 

 

 

Trump began bashing Andrew McCabe and eventually had him fired. You know what that's called?

 

Another charge of Obstruction of Justice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I see Donald Trump has constructed at least one wall this morning; a wall of fucking text :| :D 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And then this one around 30 mins ago. :killzone:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×