Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Official Politics Thread.

52 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Then why were the threads ignored until he said something? And why was he then quoted by a mod, showing that his post was the reason they took action? 

I guess that's just a massive coincidence and they were going to merge the threads anyway. 

It actually was a coincidence.  I was planning on getting rid of all the politics threads (I was actually going to outright remove the threads instead of merging them, as to not fuck up this thread) and yes Goukosan and I spoke about it... but since Jerry didn't know that, and yet he thinks he knows everything, he has to believe that he won something over me.  He was trying so hard to goad me by telling me to "do what Cooke told me to do in the first place." lmao I told him I'm doing it because I wanted to... I explained that Cooke himself was posting in those same threads.. and didn't do anything himself.. meaning I wasn't being pressured by him at all.

Buuutttt... Jerry needs to feel like he accomplished something and "tricked" me into "doing my job" and "working for him" because he thinks it wasn't being done because I didn't want to do it.  It really wasn't like that... but I could never convince him of that.  So I told him his bitching was speeding up what I wanted to happen in the first place.  Then I told him that he was the reason they would be merged... that way once this thread gets fucked up by having all the other shit merged in with it would be on him. :] 

53 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Rick Scott is such a piece of shit.

I think dickhead is a more accurate description. 

E30391D5-3685-482F-AC23-3299C34640A6.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

It actually was a coincidence.  I was planning on getting rid of all the politics threads (I was actually going to outright remove the threads instead of merging them, as to not fuck up this thread) and yes Goukosan and I spoke about it... but since Jerry didn't know that, and yet he thinks he knows everything, he has to believe that he won something over me.  He was trying so hard to goad me by telling me to "do what Cooke told me to do in the first place." lmao I told him I'm doing it because I wanted to... I explained that Cooke himself was posting in those same threads.. and didn't do anything himself.. meaning I wasn't being pressured by him at all.

Buuutttt... Jerry needs to feel like he accomplished something and "tricked" me into "doing my job" and "working for him" because he thinks it wasn't being done because I didn't want to do it.  It really wasn't like that... but I could never convince him of that.  So I told him his bitching was speeding up what I wanted to happen in the first place.  Then I told him that he was the reason they would be merged... that way once this thread gets fucked up by having all the other shit merged in with it would be on him. :] 

No, I even told you that it was well-known.

And I even credited Gouk.

On 2019-02-10 at 5:40 PM, jehurey said:

Cooke (and then Gouk as a mod) specifically said that was how it was supposed to be.

How did I trick you when I kept on giving other people credit?

You're spinning yourself into a narrative of your own making.  More spinning isn't going to help.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, I even told you that it was well-known.

And I even credited Gouk.

You're spinning yourself into a narrative of your own making.  More spinning isn't going to help.

You telling me it was well known and mentioning Gouko isn't giving them the credit.. because you actually thought you were the one bringing it to my attention... and in a snide manner as well.. as if you were telling me to follow their orders..as if I was doing your bidding... and yet here we have Gouko saying we spoke about it while you were banned.

Ohhhhhh there goes that angle.  Better luck next time. :francis: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You telling me it was well known and mentioning Gouko isn't giving them the credit.

Yes it is.

Do you think I originally came up with the idea with putting all political issues in one thread?

A year ago, gouk moved my threads into the Political thread..........and cooke reaffirmed it.

We go back to my very first response:

On 2019-02-10 at 4:51 PM, jehurey said:

Do I need to report something you already should know?

This is well known. I'm not saying things that are complicated here.

Has anybody followed up on the Jeff Bezos story?

The National Enquirer actually gave up a name for its source on the nude selfie, saying it was the mistresses brother.

Except Bezos own security firm is claiming that a "foreign state" may have been involved.

And now, we find out this:

National Enquirer's parent firm asked U.S. if it should register as foreign agent for Saudis

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, who has accused AMI of blackmailing him, has questioned whether Saudi Arabia was involved, which the kingdom denies.

Feb. 11, 2019, 4:37 PM CST
By Josh Lederman

The company that publishes the National Enquirer was concerned enough that it may have acted as an agent of Saudi Arabia that it asked the Department of Justice last year whether it needed to register as a foreign lobbyist, a person with knowledge of Saudi Arabia's lobbying efforts in the United States confirms to NBC News.

Communications between the Justice Department and American Media Inc. offer the fullest picture to date of interactions between the tabloid publisher and the Saudis ahead of AMI's release last year of a fawning magazine about Saudi Arabia's young leader. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, who has accused AMI of blackmailing him with intimate photos, has questioned whether Saudi Arabia may have been involved, a claim the kingdom denies.

A July 2018 letter from Justice Department lawyers to AMI and posted to a government website shows that the Justice Department's National Security Division ultimately told the publisher that, based on AMI's own statements, it did not need to register. Under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, people or entities that work to advance a foreign country's political interests in the U.S. must disclose their specific activities and register as foreign lobbyists.

So now this give credence that Saudi Arabia, a foreign state, was involved.

And Saudi Arabia's prince is the one who killed the Washington Post's journalist, and the WaPo is owned by Bezos.

National Enquirer has a plea deal with the SDNY, and this may break the rules of their deal, placing them into great trouble and possibly being raided.

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yes it is.

Do you think I originally came up with the idea with putting all political issues in one thread?

A year ago, gouk moved my threads into the Political thread..........and cooke reaffirmed it.

We go back to my very first response:

This is well known. I'm not saying things that are complicated here.

Nope.  You said:

On 2019-02-10 at 5:32 PM, jehurey said:

Congratulations on doing what you werwe told to do.

@Cookester15 you want to go back to 2012 again?

And here we have Goukosan say :

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

I was a mod when this thread wss created.  The new mods didn't realize that the videogames section of the board stayed clean of a ton of political topics because I was merging all the political threads (they weren't mods at the time and couldn't see that action unless you pay attention to the political thread)

When they became mods they assumed that the SW posters would self regulate themselves and not bog down the board with a ton of political threads. 

Once the board became overrun with political threads, Remij and I had a discussion about it in one of those same political treads in the main board.  (This discussion happened while Jehurey was banned) 

Jehurey came back and started complaining about it after Remij had already planned to start enforcing this rule again. 

Jehurey assumes this all happened because he complained... but Remij had already planned to take action on it. 

This was well known.... to YOU.. who visits this thread on a daily basis and had direct threads and posts merged because of it.  The rest of us didn't know... and nothing was done.  Not only by myself, but EVERY MOD.  So you trying to claim this was some obvious and well known thing.... is bullshit.  Goukosan knew, and Cooke.. and yet he didn't give enough of a shit to do it himself because Gouko was doing everything.  Who the fuck do you think has checked the OP in this thread in the past year?  Nobody..

So.... Gouko and I talked while you were banned, and I already told him I planned on merging them all (without knowing that it was being done by him before)  Except my plan was to DELETE those threads, not merge them and interrupt possible convos that were happening here.

You're trying really hard.. and you're trying to make the topic now about whether it was about being tricked or not.  Ok, have it your way.. you didn't trick me.  In the end, I'm still doing what I had set out to do before you started bitching about it... I told you it was happening because I wanted it to.. you think it's happening because "it's my job" and is "expected of me".  You're wrong regardless. 

Have a nice night. :] 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Nope.  You said

And here we have Goukosan say :

This was well known.... to YOU.. who visits this thread on a daily basis

you came to this forum when I did. Cooke made those remarks publicly.

Ever since I came back in Oct 2017......you actually have more posts than me on this forum (11,638), which means you have been here more than me.

.. you didn't trick me.

I know I didn't trick you..........I specifically said as much.

23 minutes ago, jehurey said:

When I even mentioned Gouk........I even said that it was when he was a mod, which means that this rule is not a recent thing.  I assure, you I'm not trying very hard here to state, and re-state these things.

Good news Ike, Mc

Seems like they won't go into a shitshow a second time:

Lawmakers say they have reached an ‘agreement in principle’ to avoid government shutdown

BREAKING: Lawmakers say they have reached an “agreement in principle” to avoid government shutdown.

Top lawmakers say they have reached a deal to fund the government through the fall, a deal that would resolve ongoing disputes over immigration and — if signed into law by President Trump — stave off a partial government shutdown set to start Saturday.

This is a developing story. It will be updated.

Key lawmakers expressed guarded optimism late Monday that they would be able to avoid another government shutdown, saying they were making progress in a series of late-stage meetings meant to resolve disputes about immigration rules.

The outcome remains uncertain, as negotiators must cut a deal before midnight Friday on funding for a series of federal departments. But after back-to-back-to-back meetings between party leaders, they signaled the pathway for a deal had emerged, even if some details remained unsettled.

Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) said he was hopeful a deal could be reached Monday evening. “We’re working in good faith. I believe [Republicans] are too,” he said.

Who knows what is in it.

A victory for Democrats would be giving 1-2 billion dollars for "border security" and that meaning tech upgrades, equipment, etc. And maybe some refurbishment of existing barriers.

I believe from the previous 3-4 years, before Trump, Congress has already set aside like 200 miles of Wall construction in specfic-calculated areas.

• Upvote 1

Yep, you definitely are.  In the end, I'm doing what I want, not what anyone else tells me.. and in this instance it certainly not because of some rule that I didn't even know about until recently.  There wasn't an influx of stupid politics threads outside of the official thread until recently... no mod did anything.. not just me.  Try explaining that if we "all should have known"...  Cooke himself.

Yea, you keep forgetting that.  Cooke did nothing... some rule that was eh?  It was essentially Gouko just doing what he wanted to do.  Cooke's whole thing was about NOT modding the official thread and wanting everyone to be able to speak their minds about politics.

So again, you're welcome for me doing what I was always planning to do (because I hate the politics threads) before you started bitching, and before knowing Gouko was the one merging threads on his own.

Just now, Remij_ said:

In the end, I'm doing what I want, not what anyone else tells me..

Whatever gets you from here to there and back again.

I already thanked you.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Whatever gets you from here to there and back again.

I already thanked you.

Yep.  And you can pay me back by shutting up about it.  Thanks in advance.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yep.  And you can pay me back by shutting up about it.  Thanks in advance.

Already thanked you.

Now its time to talk about politics.

• Upvote 1

lol. Speaking of watered-down, it seems that Trump got his wall.

Fifty-five miles of gorgeous, beautiful wall.

The deal calls for $1.375 billion for border barriers (55 new miles of bollard fencing, with certain restrictions on location). Democrats have dropped their call for a new cap on interior detention beds, and the overall cap on detention beds drops from 49,057 to 40,520.

I can only imagine those immigrants who have walked over a thousand miles will surely be befuddled by 55 miles of wall.

Edited by jehurey

10 hours ago, jehurey said:

Good news Ike, Mc

Seems like they won't go into a shitshow a second time:

Who knows what is in it.

A victory for Democrats would be giving 1-2 billion dollars for "border security" and that meaning tech upgrades, equipment, etc. And maybe some refurbishment of existing barriers.

I believe from the previous 3-4 years, before Trump, Congress has already set aside like 200 miles of Wall construction in specfic-calculated areas.

No wall money probably means it's just a clean spending bill that McConnell has pulled Trump to the side and said "sign this shit or we unite against you in a shutdown".  The last shutdown hurt the GOP in the polls, and another would probably solidify that.

I'm sure Cult45 will find some way to spin this into a victory for their Supreme Leader. :roll:

Waiting for Deeno/Saucer/Vini/etc to stomp in here and claim victory as if the GOP-controlled SIC just dropped a bomb (re: they haven't).  Mueller's report is the end-all, be-all on conspiracy.  Everything else is side-show.

Oh.......this is the Chuck Grassley controlled Senate Intelligence Committee?

Yeah, those guys have gone quiet since BEFORE the Brett Kavanaugh hearings.

I don't think they've done a meaningful hearing regarding Trump-Russia since this past summer.  They're just wrapping up because they stopped investigating. And this press release is the same thing Devin Nuned attempted to do on TWO DIFFERENT occassions.

They make a "report" so that Fox News can run the headline "Report Clears Trump!!"

The Adam Schiff-controlled House Intelligence Committee is the only congressional body working on this case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/02/12/record-million-americans-are-months-behind-their-car-payments-red-flag-economy/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.eb18efe6e66c

A record 7 million Americans are 3 months behind on their car payments, a red flag for the economy

Trump is good for the economy. :grimaceright: