Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Official Politics Thread.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Are you trying to impersonate a 19 year college sophmore or something?:drake:

We are trying to end homelessness and poverty in our country, Bernie, Elizabeth Warren, and about half of the Democratic candidates specifically want to do that.

In fact, Tulsi Gabbard and a couple of other candidates are the ones who don't seem to have anything proposed. Probably because they're one-issue candidates. LOL

That's what you are, as well..............a one-issue "expert". You're not different than a fundamentalist Christian 50 year old lady who thinks about nothing other than stopping abortion and votes on nothing but that in mind.

You, like the 50 year old, are simply not credible to have your opinion acknowledged.

Because we are talking about one issue means I'm only for one issue. Are you really this dumb? Is this how you get around actually talking about the issue? Jedeflecturey strikes again.

Just now, Cookester15 said:

Because we are talking about one issue means I'm only for one issue. Are you really this dumb? Is this how you get around actually talking about the issue? Jedeflecturey strikes again.

Says the person who JUST TRIED TO DEFLECT by bringing up American poverty and homelessness.

:drake:Cooke, I've beaten you on this issue, I've ran circles around you on this issue. I've brought up American laws that make Tulsi Gabbard look stupid on this issue.

Hell, COLBERT fucking made Tulsi Gabbard look so bad, that's why you and a bunch of youtube commenters are bashing Colbert.

He got Tulsi Gabbard to say "well, both SIDES were gassing people" with relatively little effort.

Even you know that I have you beaten on this issue. You don't know more about American foreign policy than me.

That's why I called you a 19 year old college sophmore.

Apparently there's a mass shooting/terror attack that happened in New Zealand.  Its about 5pm over there, and it happened a little over 3 hours ago.

The shooter had livestreamed his attack, he went into a mosque and shot and killed people, and then got in his car.  They say there's a second mosque that has been attacked, and police are saying that the car has a bomb.

People are comparing it to the Anders Brevik attack, and he's got the number "14" written all over his gun, which is a clear sign that he's a White Supremacist because that is referring to the "14 words" that Nazis chant.

I'm not going to find that video. Sucks, because you'd imagine that New Zealand is like the chillest small country.

He’s got a Manifesto too. Just finished reading it he’s a Fascist and his hero is Sir Oswald Mosley who was in head of the British Union of Fascists.

Who'd of thought that White Nationalists are closely associated with fascism.

Edited by jehurey

:francis:

• I just saw a clip of the video while scrolling on Twitter. Saw only a second and can’t recommend enough that you don’t watch it.
    • Picture is circulating of police surrounding a suspect on the ground, it can be seen on the NZ Herald website.
    • Same website as above states that dozens are feared dead.
    • The report of a shooting at Christchurch Hospital appears to be false.
    • The report of a second shooting at a separate mosque in the suburb of Linwood seems to be true, according to local news reports.
    • Local media reporting at least 9 dead. The consensus from those who have seen the clips, and local media speculation, that number will almost certainly rise.
    • As of 4:10 NZDT, New Zealand Police say they have a suspect in custody, shootings occurred at two mosques in Christchurch. Video
    • New Zealand Police are unsure if there are more suspects, only one person was featured in the video going around.
    • New Zealand Police tell people not to go to any mosque today until the situation is clear.
    • New Zealand Police say they "believe there may be other offenders" — Twitter
    • . Christchurch shooting: 300 people inside mosque - witness. RNZ. 15 March 2019.

Oof, at one point a dude rushes the shooter and almost tackles him, but comes up just short. Another second of the shooters back turned and probably a dozen people have their lives saved. That's gonna stay with me. :(

The video is horrific. He goes through dozens of rounds and seems to be a trained person at weapons. There seems to be alot of dead people in that video

yeah I watch the 16 min video on liveleak with the audio. it's brutal. he comes back and shoots everyone in the head/body to make sure their dead.

I saw a young boy get shot in the back of the head while he was pretending to be dead. I really really implore that people don't go looking for this video because I don't think you can be okay after seeing it.

Dude, he went back to make sure each person was dead. He shot every person 2-3 times. Holy shit

I saw one clip and fuck that. Honestly people do not watch it. You will be sick and very much pissed off. The guy just unloaded into dead bodies. Sick fuck he is!

I'll only read about the details from other people, but I am not watching that video.

Dude is 100% right-wing white nationalist.

Had names and numbers written on his guns/magazines.

"Alexandre Bissonnette", google search shows he also shot up a Mosque and was a Trump supporter

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/world/canada/alexandre-bissonnette-sentence.html

"Luca Traini", another far right shooter

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/italy-migrant-shootings-luca-traini-farright-extremist-drive-by-targeted-black-people-macerata-a8194111.html

He also wrote "shipka pass 1877-78, google leads me to "Battle of Shipka Pass"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Shipka_Pass

9 hours ago, jehurey said:

:francis:

How long until the usual suspects say liberals are the reason white supremacists are shooting up mosques? 

3 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Apparently he quoted or mentioned Pewdiepie or something? That guy is getting roasted. Watch his youtube viewership go up after.

It's because PewDiePie has a history of an "umbrella effect" in which White Supremacy isn't outright endorsed, but it's flirted with and never challenged by his channel until something bad actually happens, then it's given lip service.  In the world of youtube influence, this gives radical right-wing terrorists a safe channel to peddle influence.  Check out PewDiePie's followers on twitter and you'll see the familiar faces:

binovkw6a8m21.png

This is exactly the type of list of individuals you would expect from an alt-righter.  Stefan Molyneux and Lauren Southern especially.  Paul Joseph Watson has been posted on this forum numerous times and each time he's been spreading a bunch untrue bullshit about immigrants.  It's not a surprise that the shooter is a fan of PewDiePie because this is the type of people PewDiePie associates with.

All those past Muslim terrorist attacks like with Charlie Hebdo, Nice, Bataclan, Strasbourg, Manchester etc. etc.

Nobody  expects anyone to retaliate in some form?

Imo I expected something like this way sooner.

Edited by bhytre

12 minutes ago, bhytre said:

All those past Muslim terrorist attacks like with Charlie Hebdo, Nice, Bataclan, Strasbourg etc. etc.

Nobody  expects anyone to retaliate in some form?

Imo I expected something like this way sooner.

Nice soft endorsement.

Good twitter thread to read about how the ideology that is leading to these shootings is spreading via social media.

40 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Good twitter thread to read about how the ideology that is leading to these shootings is spreading via social media.

but at @Vini said teh extreme left is more dangerous :monkas:

20 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Don't watch this. Seriously how do people get so fucked up that they feel they need to do this? 

We've been giving you the answer to this for months, now. :] 

EDIT: This thread is hilarious in context of the above question:

"bu bu bu how cud this happenz?!"

Edited by McWicked

3 minutes ago, McWicked said:

We've been giving you the answer to this for months, now. :] 

EDIT: This thread is hilarious in context of the above question:

"bu bu bu how cud this happenz?!"

Wow I cannot fucking believe you just equated free speech rights to killing people. Dude are you this far down that hole? I mean seriously what In the fuck!?

4 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Wow I cannot fucking believe you just equated free speech rights to killing people. Dude are you this far down that hole? I mean seriously what In the fuck!?

There's the pivot.  If we're shifting to "muh free speech", then we don't have to talk about the network of social media personalities that foster these types of resentments.  Bravo, 10/10 pivot, you should use again.