Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Official Politics Thread.

2 hours ago, Angelfish said:

I think the assumption on Farage's part was that the 'war' (for the lack of a better word) was won when the referendum result came out 

Anyone who believes this is either monumentally stupid or a grifter looking to scam people for his own benefit.  This is Brexit.  He knew exactly what he was campaigning for.  He still knows, he's just lying in public about the repercussions.

At this point, I feel like the world needs a good example of how nationalism ends.  I'd rather it be Brexit than Trump, though both appear to be doing a Facism speed run at the moment. :shrug: 

Yeah, when it comes to Nigel Farage that guy only looks like he there for grandstanding in front of the cameras...........and then he magically disappears when it comes down to sit down with legislators and hash out some real policy stuff.

Today's Marr show which includes that interview with David Lammy at 32.18.  UKIP's leader Gerard Batten is also interviewed at 15.40 and their's a solid newspaper review at 3.59.

Iain Dale with Anna Soubry for an hour.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1113457/eu-news-brexit-uk-european-union-theresa-may-queen-elizabeth-ii-tony-benn-spt

On 2019-04-14 at 6:37 AM, McWicked said:

Dude's callin' it like it is. 

flippant use of language.  Devaluing the words Nazi and Hitler is not a good thing. What will we call actual nazi's when they show up? 

43 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

flippant use of language.  Devaluing the words Nazi and Hitler is not a good thing. What will we call actual nazi's when they show up? 

In your world, the only person that's a nazi is one who says "i am a nazi.  And by nazi I mean i want to commit genocide against the jews.  And by genocide i mean kill all of them."

Even then you'd be skeptical.

Just now, McWicked said:

In your world, the only person that's a nazi is one who says "i am a nazi.  And by nazi I mean i want to commit genocide against the jews.  And by genocide i mean kill all of them."

Even then you'd be skeptical.

And in your world someone who is mean is a nazi. 

51 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

And in your world someone who is mean is a nazi. 

If you're posting alt-right videos on the regular, like you do, yeah.  You're a fuckin' Nazi.  Slapping a new coat of paint on shit doesn't change what it is on the inside.

1 hour ago, McWicked said:

If you're posting alt-right videos on the regular, like you do, yeah.  You're a fuckin' Nazi.  Slapping a new coat of paint on shit doesn't change what it is on the inside.

Yeah.. I actually really like Jewish people. 

3 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Yeah.. I actually really like Jewish people. 

:lawl:

On Fox News.

In front of a Fox News-picked crowd.

Bernie:

Chyyyeeaah. It'll be great if Trump turns on the tv and sees this.:blessed:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Are you an anti semite?

I'm prejudiced against fat people, but I acknowledge it and I'm working on it.  That's pretty much it.

8 hours ago, jehurey said:

On Fox News.

In front of a Fox News-picked crowd.

Bernie:

Chyyyeeaah. It'll be great if Trump turns on the tv and sees this.:blessed:

Fuck, you beat me to it.  This was legendary.  Bret Baier blew himself the fuck out.