Sign in to follow this  
-GD-

The Official Fitness Thread

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

well i got a few friends who have been to prison. they ate like shit and just did whatever weights were available, and a lot of calisthenics. one  came out super shredded and the other got big as fuck (muscle-wise). so daily caloric intake > macros. 

It's not like you've got fuck-all to do in prison outside of getting shredded, though.  You can eat just about anything if you're burning 4k calories a day 'cause the only thing you have to keep from going insane from boredom is working out.

10 minutes ago, Casual said:

Well....

Vector + Milk = ~300

2x Bananas (one for snack, one shake) = 180

Protein + Milk = 250

Yogurt (~1.5 cups) + Berries + granola = ~200

Chicken breast = 400 (based on 250 grams)

Pasta = ~200 (based on 1 cup)

Broccoli = 50 (like 2 cups)

Turkey sandwich = I unno...4-500? Usually have it on a kaiser with two slices of cheese so yea.

2100 total. 

is that 2 banans only?  180 cals?

what kinda drink is 250 cals?

strange tho. I guess everything adds up. 

Just now, McWickedSmawt85 said:

It's not like you've got fuck-all to do in prison outside of getting shredded, though.  You can eat just about anything if you're burning 4k calories a day 'cause the only thing you have to keep from going insane from boredom is working out.

yup. but it proves that you don't need "the best protein" or "exactly 30 grams pre/post lift"...

sure they help. but they are necessary. 

33 minutes ago, kokujin said:

is that 2 banans only?  180 cals?

what kinda drink is 250 cals?

strange tho. I guess everything adds up. 

yeah. bananas are 90 calories (small banana, so im probably underestimating) based on http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1846/2

a protein shake? I use: http://www.theisopurecompany.com/product/isopurezerocarb.html 2 scoops is 50g protein and 210 calories. Added 40 calories for the almond milk. 

i agree though, it doesn't sound like that many calories. 

Edited by Casual
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

idk, you can still read a book or watch tv or something. 

Does Lodge still post here, and by that I mean here?

Bump for the fatties to get motivated :TJ:

I needed to add some cardio to my weightlifting that doesn't bore me to death so I started sprinting a few weeks ago. I absolutely hate running long distances but this is really fun and right up my alley.

Still a noob at it and working on improving my technique, this shit is hard as hell but the results don't lie:dame:

I'm never jogging again, walking skeletons and stick insects hbr 

11 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Bump for the fatties to get motivated :TJ:

I needed to add some cardio to my weightlifting that doesn't bore me to death so I started sprinting a few weeks ago. I absolutely hate running long distances but this is really fun and right up my alley.

Still a noob at it and working on improving my technique, this shit is hard as hell but the results don't lie:dame:

I'm never jogging again, walking skeletons and stick insects hbr 

do hiit with bodyweight exercises

I do that like once or twice a week with kettlebell exercises on top. With sprinting I'm really starting to see the fat burning off, my overall workout feels more complete now.

Also ordered an arm blaster, my gym doesn't have one (don't think I ever saw one in the gyms I've been to) and Arnold recommends it in his Encyclopedia of bodybuilding, I'm curious to see how well it works :tom5:

11 minutes ago, Casual said:

I gotta get back in the groove.

Think im gonna start this PPL program today...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

too much volume for a natty. you are better off with a push/pull or upper/lower 4 day split tbh. 

the only way you can do a 6 day plan, is if 3 of the days are hard (3 - 5 reps) ; 3 are light (12-15 reps).  your cns and joints will thank you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

too much volume for a natty. you are better off with a push/pull or upper/lower 4 day split tbh. 

the only way you can do a 6 day plan, is if 3 of the days are hard (3 - 5 reps) ; 3 are light (12-15 reps).  your cns and joints will thank you. 

hmmm. you got any recommendations for a 4 day split?

I'm gonna stop eating meat again. Too many breakfast burittos with sausage left me feeling fat and disgusting lately.  The good news is my weight is still down around 180 or less.

Everything in moderation :face:

Skipping meat completely is too damn hard for me, tried it once or twice but replacing proteins with something you like is difficult.

Then I tried it with just fish but I'm not the biggest fan, canned fish and tuna also become unbearable after a while

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1