Sign in to follow this  
ghostz

The stupid phone thread

32 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You can absolutely count on me doing EXACTLY THAT.

I'll let you know, quite........thoroughly. :kaz::kaz::kaz:

he doesn't know what he just signed up for. lol

Can you yet?

Just now, ghostz said:

Can you yet?

Did I indicate that this was available right now?

Or are you trying to CHANGE THE SUBJECT............and try to TEMPORARILY BOAST about something.

:kaz:this is where I've got you whittled down to, now?

11 minutes ago, ghostz said:

So it’s NOT?:patrice:

I love how you are trying to play dumb.

Its not working.

:blessed:Samsung has done it.:blessed:

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

I love how you are trying to play dumb.

Its not working.

:blessed:Samsung has done it.:blessed:

Trying to play dumb eh? Kinda like how you

and gouk have awful phones and champion hundreds of phones trying to beat the iPhone. 

facts 

13 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Trying to play dumb eh? Kinda like how you

and gouk have awful phones and champion hundreds of phones trying to beat the iPhone. 

facts 

He is STILL TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

.........and it isn't working.

:blessed:Samsung has done it :blessed:

lol @ iPhone X, Xs and Xr with their outdated notches :mickeyj:

Samsung Puts A Camera Under Smartphone Displays, Forever Kills The 'Notch'

Samsung hides a camera underneath a smartphone display

At the event, Samsung notably talked about several cutting-edge in-display technologies that will help smartphone makers create the perfect full-screen device and definitely put an end to the era of smartphones with front notches, first seen on the Essential Phone and popularized by the iPhone X.

Among the advanced products that the Korean electronics giant showed were an under-the-screen fingerprint sensor (FoD, for Fingerprint on Display), sound speakers integrated to the display (SoD, for Sound on Display), in-display haptic feedback (HoD, for Haptic on Display) and a revolutionary technology that will let the front camera and other facial recognition sensors work despite being underneath the display (UPS, for Under Panel Sensor

we expect the Samsung Galaxy S10 to be one of the very first smartphones with a display that covers the entire front of the device and more importantly for many, without an ugly notch.

:blessed:

:blessed:Samsung has freaking DID IT!!!:blessed:

Good on them for playing the long game and resisting that corny, CORNY design decision.

I absolutely positively GUARANTEE YOU that if Steve Jobs were alive today, he would bitchslap anybody at Apple who thought about putting in the notch. No way in hell that happens if Jobs still runs Apple.

And if Samsung PATENTS THIS design................oh my god, is Apple fucked.

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

kinda neat, thoughts @jehurey @Goukosan

That seems like a solid idea.  Maybe I would prefer if there was a dedicated button along the side that I would hold down while making that movement so that I intentionally want to move across to another app, and not do it by accident.

Or the phone could have multi-window app functionality. Want a calculator and notepad open? If that's something that's common, then save it on the Samsung Edge bar that has "paired" apps that you prepare.

There's another Samsung app that is completely optional to download called OneHand Operation+, it is their best use of the outer curved edge screen yet. There's two really thin strips, and you just swipe in from either direction. And you swipe in and hold by keeping your finger on the screen, and it triggers a quick function. You can set it to it functioning like a "Back" button If you swipe in a downward diagonal direction, it serves as "Home". Or you can set it to other functions entirely, like switching between apps.

I even remember one of the first things advertised with my new Samsung Galaxy S4 back in 2013 was the touch-free "wave" that you would do with your hand. They were called Air Gestures.

On 2018-10-24 at 2:12 PM, ghostz said:

kinda neat, thoughts @jehurey @Goukosan

what if you stand up and move away from your desk? Is it going to start switching apps on you? Looks nice in theory but in reality i can see this being a mess. 

32 minutes ago, ghostz said:

How ya like it?

I like the big screen a lot. Coming from the 7 plus it’s great. I like the weight and the thickness. The no home button has taken a little time but it’s pretty easy to get used to. Really like the Face ID software too. Pretty happy with it. I got the black 128gb model which is still cheaper than the 64gb XS model for some reason lol 

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

So @Goukosan that pixel 3 you want... can’t even take a picture without closing all other apps LMAO!

:kaz:

Man it's so nice having a new phone though. I haven't charged it since Sunday night and still at >30%. 

Night Sight :bate:

"Two years ago, Google’s release of the first Pixel smartphone radically raised the bar for the image quality we could expect from mobile cameras. Today, even as everyone else struggles to catch up, Google is extending its lead with the introduction of an equally revolutionary new camera"

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/14/18092660/google-night-sight-review-pixel-2-3-camera-photos-image-quality