Sign in to follow this  
Alphonse

Official Anime/Manga Thread

24 minutes ago, notzwarrior said:

is it the animation style you're bothered by? I didnt mind it (since I thought it was intentional, not lack of expertice) but it's the unconventional story that got me hooked. It went from 0 to 100 quickly and I loved that I couldnt predict it. (never seen or heard of the original)

The original manga was always pretty bad. Came around the time in the 70s when everything had to be dark and gritty just for the sake of it. Its unreadable today at all.

The animation and the story were both awful. If you like random unpredictable stuff then I guess you grew up with Adventure Time or Regular Show, both of the shows heavily rely on 'oh my god, so random!1' shtick without any structure or baselines. 

11 hours ago, HolyAx said:

The original manga was always pretty bad. Came around the time in the 70s when everything had to be dark and gritty just for the sake of it. Its unreadable today at all.

The animation and the story were both awful. If you like random unpredictable stuff then I guess you grew up with Adventure Time or Regular Show, both of the shows heavily rely on 'oh my god, so random!1' shtick without any structure or baselines. 

Oh no I mean unpredictable like GoT did-they-just-kill-off-the-good-guys stuff. Adventure Time and Regular Show have a predictable structure they adhere to. I didn't know where Devilman Crybaby was going from climax to ending