Sign in to follow this  
Beta Bux Romeo

XBox is declining YOY

A $189 Slim and X arent stopping the decline. S has nowhere else to drop pricewise, X is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

The closest a new piece of XBox hardware is 3 years away and not guaranteed to reverse a decline and provide growth.

So question is, wtf does MS do, whats their strategy.

physical software is down as well.

publishers are going to see declining hardware + software on the platform, it's the kiss of death once both happen. support is going to cease, games will cease. Only one outcome, MS is forced to launch next gen.

next xbox isn't as far away as people think.

2 minutes ago, Bodycount611 said:

publishers are going to see declining hardware + software on the platform, it's the kiss of death once both happen. support is going to cease, games will cease. Only one outcome, MS is forced to launch next gen.

i would be pissed, considering i just spent $500 on the one x. that shit better stick around for 3+ years lol. 

probably 2 years minimum , 3 years Max.

don't expect it before then.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

COD sold almost twice on PS4 than XBox. Thats a fucking disaster, when 2009 and on COD was what kept XBox alive.

Sony locked down COD and RDR exclusive content and marketing deals this year as well on top of stuff like Spiderman and God of War.

8 minutes ago, Azazela said:

Sony literally 3:1 'd them saleswise this year without dropping the price as much and not launching new hardware.

A lot of early sales for XB1 came because of 360's success. I know 'casuals' who bought it just because it was Xbox. Or parents who got it for their kids because the kids wanted the latest xbox - that was obvious from 2013 game sales where the kiddy games sold best on xbox.

After years of PS at the top its starting to trickle down. Hence why PS is growing and XB is declining. The days of living off the 360 are gone.

57 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Microsoft should just throw in the towel. They wont be missed.

As far as I'm concerned, MS threw the towel the day they decided it was a good idea to port ALL their future exclusive games on PC, available on day one. It's such a lack of commitment to the Xbox platform, especially when you look at their other two major competitors, releasing tons of exclusive first and second party every year. Trying new IPs, taking risks. Meanwhile, MS first party is a wasteland.

In the end, Sony getting marketing rights for CoD was shrewd, not so much in that the CoD franchise was hot, it clearly isn't; but rather, it hurt the Xbox just enough to take away those gamers who are hardcore CoD buyers.

Those people who thought to themselves "well, Xbox still has Halo, so I should still get that for my CoD and Halo FPS fix"  probably ended up thinking it over when they saw that MasterChief Collection was a broken mess at launch, and Halo 5 was another turd sandwich.  Microsoft did themselves no favors.

When it came time to rely on the power of their first-party franchises, those games failed. Or continually got delayed.

It's MS fault that all their post 2009 E3s were 50% COD map packs and that they relied on it so much.

In the same time period COD sold 9 million on PS4 this year, it sold 5 million on XBox. It's over. MS is never getting the rights back to COD, zero chance now.

Edited by Azazela

48 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Now is the perfect time to collect for xbone. :ben:

Collect what exactly? :tom:

Games like Forza and Quantum Break will fill bargin bins for years to come. They'll never have any value.