Sign in to follow this  
TLHBO

Monster Hunter World

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

all of my friends at work are playing this shit.  if i don't care for multiplayer, would i still like it? 

im surprised as fuck this did so well. many non-gamers i know are dropping this game into conversations. of course they think it's a PS4 exclusive, but it's interesting to see, haven't seen this for any other games except COD and Destiny.

6 minutes ago, BodycountX said:

im surprised as fuck this did so well. many non-gamers i know are dropping this game into conversations. of course they think it's a PS4 exclusive, but it's interesting to see, haven't seen this for any other games except COD and Destiny.

yeah, it's crazy. it's all they are talking about. 

58 minutes ago, BodycountX said:

Well how the fuck did Nioh do over 1 million in a month on PS4, and Nier Automata did 2.5 million within a year.

There is a huge Japanese games market in the West, if MS wasn't so stupid they'd probably be surprised with their Jap exclusive sales if they bothered.

1 hour ago, BodycountX said:

The Destiny crowd is switching over to Monster Hunter. It's insanity. 

5 minutes ago, Azazela said:

Well how the fuck did Nioh do over 1 million in a month on PS4, and Nier Automata did 2.5 million within a year.

There is a huge Japanese games market in the West, if MS wasn't so stupid they'd probably be surprised with their Jap exclusive sales if they bothered.

Persona 5 was also the fastest selling game in Atlus history.

PS4 has both the mainstream and niche audience by the balls.

51 minutes ago, モンキー said:

The Destiny crowd is switching over to Monster Hunter. It's insanity. 

Good.  Let Destiny die.

49 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Persona 5 was also the fastest selling game in Atlus history.

PS4 has both the mainstream and niche audience by the balls.

It's true.  PS4 has the crown.  Switch will try and challenge it in the next 3-4 years.

Xbox got invited to the party, but was given the wrong address as a joke. :cruise: 

4 hours ago, Pat McCrotch said:

Waiting for the PC version :dead:

It's best to wait for the beta period to end.  We'll probably be playing the game online before Lemmings :hehe: 

Man the game keeps feeling like it's bugging out but part of me feels like that's just the combat? lmao.

I just finished the jagara quest or whatever (1st one) and it said quest complete, then didn't really do anything for 15 seconds, so i went and started whacking at some more and then it randomly triggered the quest complete cutscene.

Also,how do i leave a hunt?

16 minutes ago, Casual said:

Man the game keeps feeling like it's bugging out but part of me feels like that's just the combat? lmao.

I just finished the jagara quest or whatever (1st one) and it said quest complete, then didn't really do anything for 15 seconds, so i went and started whacking at some more and then it randomly triggered the quest complete cutscene.

Also,how do i leave a hunt?

When you kill a monster, those 15 seconds are to carve it :] press O to carve items. You can normally carve 3 times, sometimes once or twice more if you have the right food skill.

Just now, TLHBO said:

When you kill a monster, those 15 seconds are to carve it :] press O to carve items. You can normally carve 3 times, sometimes once or twice more if you have the right food skill.

Lmfao.

Makes sense. 

Thanks man

No probs. I think this game might be a little more complex than the other ironically. I'm still trying to get my head around all the little things.

I think they broke things down into smaller things to do and more quests, but its different to 3 and 4 in that regard. 

4 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

No probs. I think this game might be a little more complex than the other ironically. I'm still trying to get my head around all the little things.

I think they broke things down into smaller things to do and more quests, but its different to 3 and 4 in that regard. 

Yeah.

Having never played a MH before, it's very MMO like in its systems.