Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TLHBO

Monster Hunter World

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

all of my friends at work are playing this shit.  if i don't care for multiplayer, would i still like it? 

im surprised as fuck this did so well. many non-gamers i know are dropping this game into conversations. of course they think it's a PS4 exclusive, but it's interesting to see, haven't seen this for any other games except COD and Destiny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BodycountX said:

im surprised as fuck this did so well. many non-gamers i know are dropping this game into conversations. of course they think it's a PS4 exclusive, but it's interesting to see, haven't seen this for any other games except COD and Destiny.

yeah, it's crazy. it's all they are talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BodycountX said:

im surprised as fuck this did so well. many non-gamers i know are dropping this game into conversations. of course they think it's a PS4 exclusive, but it's interesting to see, haven't seen this for any other games except COD and Destiny.

Well how the fuck did Nioh do over 1 million in a month on PS4, and Nier Automata did 2.5 million within a year.

 

There is a huge Japanese games market in the West, if MS wasn't so stupid they'd probably be surprised with their Jap exclusive sales if they bothered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BodycountX said:

im surprised as fuck this did so well. many non-gamers i know are dropping this game into conversations. of course they think it's a PS4 exclusive, but it's interesting to see, haven't seen this for any other games except COD and Destiny.

The Destiny crowd is switching over to Monster Hunter. It's insanity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Azazela said:

Well how the fuck did Nioh do over 1 million in a month on PS4, and Nier Automata did 2.5 million within a year.

 

There is a huge Japanese games market in the West, if MS wasn't so stupid they'd probably be surprised with their Jap exclusive sales if they bothered.

Persona 5 was also the fastest selling game in Atlus history.

 

PS4 has both the mainstream and niche audience by the balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, モンキー said:

The Destiny crowd is switching over to Monster Hunter. It's insanity. 

Good.  Let Destiny die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Persona 5 was also the fastest selling game in Atlus history.

 

PS4 has both the mainstream and niche audience by the balls.

It's true.  PS4 has the crown.  Switch will try and challenge it in the next 3-4 years.

 

Xbox got invited to the party, but was given the wrong address as a joke. :cruise: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pat McCrotch said:

Waiting for the PC version :dead:

It's best to wait for the beta period to end.  We'll probably be playing the game online before Lemmings :hehe: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man the game keeps feeling like it's bugging out but part of me feels like that's just the combat? lmao.

 

I just finished the jagara quest or whatever (1st one) and it said quest complete, then didn't really do anything for 15 seconds, so i went and started whacking at some more and then it randomly triggered the quest complete cutscene.

 

Also,how do i leave a hunt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Casual said:

Man the game keeps feeling like it's bugging out but part of me feels like that's just the combat? lmao.

 

I just finished the jagara quest or whatever (1st one) and it said quest complete, then didn't really do anything for 15 seconds, so i went and started whacking at some more and then it randomly triggered the quest complete cutscene.

 

Also,how do i leave a hunt?

When you kill a monster, those 15 seconds are to carve it :] press O to carve items. You can normally carve 3 times, sometimes once or twice more if you have the right food skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TLHBO said:

When you kill a monster, those 15 seconds are to carve it :] press O to carve items. You can normally carve 3 times, sometimes once or twice more if you have the right food skill.

Lmfao.

 

Makes sense. 

 

Thanks man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No probs. I think this game might be a little more complex than the other ironically. I'm still trying to get my head around all the little things.

 

I think they broke things down into smaller things to do and more quests, but its different to 3 and 4 in that regard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

No probs. I think this game might be a little more complex than the other ironically. I'm still trying to get my head around all the little things.

 

I think they broke things down into smaller things to do and more quests, but its different to 3 and 4 in that regard. 

Yeah.

 

Having never played a MH before, it's very MMO like in its systems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×