Sign in to follow this  
TLHBO

Monster Hunter World

^interesting, ill have to give that a try.

One thing that i really dislike about the game is how strict the weapon/armor crafting is. You find something cool you want, but then you realize that you're missing 1 or 2 monster parts and have no choice but to fight it again to get them (which doesn't even guarantee you'll get the specific part you need) which is pretty tedious. You earn so much of the in-game currency that it would have been nice if there was a shop where you could just buy the parts you need.

Edited by Twinblade

11 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Sounds like some old SEGA game ripoff.  

Monster World really?

GTFO with this shit, games today suck worse than current music. 

:ben:

Is Kirin the Unicorn God thingy? I actually liked that fight, thought it was pretty fun and reminded me a bit of the Nevan/Griffin fights from the DMC games.

Yeah. He was easy in MH4 single player but a bitch in one of the online quests. Those thunder shocks are so damn powerful :down:

Lol no. I don't even know what that is. I'm not that far in the game as I haven't had time to play it much.

Just beat Diablos in the story. The powercharm and armourcharm are now up for sale. Can't afford them though so gonna grind for some money. Strangely I'm always loaded at this point in previous games.

I think the Dragonbone weapons come with the Elderseal property by default. Pretty sure you can make them at that point in the game you're at. 

Get the Bandit mantle, it helps you make money crazy fast. I think you get it for doing the Power Couple side quest but I don't remember.

Just got that mantle. I'm doing SOS quests and selling most of the loot I don't need. Should have my charms in no time. :glad:

I'm having a lot of fun with this game.  I want to stress that.

Because this game is a lot jankier than previous entries.  Does anyone else feel that? :ben: 

I've only touched one MH game before this one and that was on PSP. This game feels like heaven compared to that game. I have no idea how people were able to play this game on handhelds, the controls were so terrible.

As for MHW, I think the item bar is a little clunky to use but thankfully the game gives you a lot of shortcut options so it's never that much of a problem. It's only when I need to use an item that I don't have on a shortcut that I fumble around with the controls as I scroll through the item menu bar looking for the item I need.

Other than that though, game feels great to me. I'm not a MH veteran though.

I use the oldschool item bar just because I'm used to old MH. It seems easy to accidentally change items in this game though. Never happened in 3 or 4. Also the default layout of items seems to have been changed and sucks, and let me remove that fucking net ffs lol

On the whole I don't like how the online works but the game isn't jankier than previous games. The controls are far less stiff. 

15 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Never played the previous games, but I haven't found much jank outside of trying to get into multiplayer matches. 

The general movement is more vertical.  Moving up/down ledges and such feels a lil' janky, maybe a lil' floaty.  Especially going up tree ramps in the forest. 

I'm not really noticing a difference in HR missions besides a new enemy showing up occasionally and getting better materials from monsters and harvesting. The way people were talking about HR I was expecting a difficulty spike but that's not the case. The regular monsters don't really seem stronger or behave all that differently. They seem to enrage a bit more frequently but that's about all I've noticed. 

Am I missing something?

4 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I'm not really noticing a difference in HR missions besides a new enemy showing up occasionally and getting better materials from monsters and harvesting. The way people were talking about HR I was expecting a difficulty spike but that's not the case. The regular monsters don't really seem stronger or behave all that differently. They seem to enrage a bit more frequently but that's about all I've noticed. 

Am I missing something?

Nah, HR really isn't that bad. Only big change is that I swear Diablos' burrow attack is faster or has better tracking or something because I had no trouble with him on LR, but I'll get hit by that thing damn near every time if I don't flail jump for the iframes.

10 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Am I missing something?

Can't say for this one because I'm not there yet, but in previous games the game opened up a bit. Armours had skills at high rank and there was new enemies and current enemies had a new move or two. You'd also fight tougher varients of them, though sometimes that came at G Rank. Also supply items came later in the quest rather than at the start, and you'd start the game in a random area.

But in general no. There's not that much different. Enemies are tougher but ironically easier as by then you're used to the game. It's not that different.

Few weeks in, who's still playing? :ben:

I just beat Nergigante finally :lawd:his Lance is amazing. I'm shredding all the pleb monsters now.