Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Jan NPD - Switch #1 Hardware, PS4 #1 Revenue.

34 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Deeno, are you suggesting that the order isn't the following?

1. Switch

2. PS4

3. Xbox

'Cause writing is on the wall for that one.  Dunno how you can reconcile PS4 having the highest revenue share with the ideas of 1X outselling Pro AND Xbone outselling PS4 overall.

That's going to be the order all year too no matter how many bibles he writes on the subject:umad:

Guys, you're just too STUPID and IDIOTIC to understand Deeno's genius.  All he's saying is that Xbone COULD HAVE outsold the PS4, and therefore it did.  Deeno knows because he dug up years of monthly NPD data showing exactly that starting in 2013:

As you can PLAINLY see, for 10 out of the 50 months of sales data, Xbox outsold the PS4, which means Xbox COULD DEFINITELY MAYBE HAVE POSSIBLY ousold the PS4 this January.

His logic is infallible.  You have been owned. :ben:

4 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Deeno's maths :snoop:

Something something XBOX WINS Y'ALL!!!

pretty sure he dropped out of school in 5th grade or some shit and now recites every wikipedia article he can find. :tom: 

47 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Guys, you're just too STUPID and IDIOTIC to understand Deeno's genius.  All he's saying is that Xbone COULD HAVE outsold the PS4, and therefore it did.  Deeno knows because he dug up years of monthly NPD data showing exactly that starting in 2013:

As you can PLAINLY see, for 10 out of the 50 months of sales data, Xbox outsold the PS4, which means Xbox COULD DEFINITELY MAYBE HAVE POSSIBLY ousold the PS4 this January.

His logic is infallible.  You have been owned. :ben:

What is wrong with your brain?

Edited by GoronCity

1 hour ago, GoronCity said:

No, it was based upon the numbers for December. 

1.5 million Switch's, and 1.365 million Xbox One's... That is what the numbers actually were and the figures I used, it's right here...

My calculations were correct based upon revenue breakdown, however the revenue was wrong based upon bad information. Again, all my calculations were correct, the unit numbers were correct, but the revenue was not.

You're lying again, also the PS4 could have still sold the least, we're talking small margins here buddy, did you not see the revenue difference?

All that was based on you thinking Xbox had the highest share for Dec,  which was wrong. 

XBOX1 had the highest share In November  and ended up 2nd that month in a 3 horse race. 

Switch had the highest share in Dec and ended up first. 

Let me ask you again, when has the 2nd cheapest console have the highest revenue share but end up the least selling? :wonder:

Here's the overall point that was lost in this discussion that I brought up earlier. 

When you present your projections you present it AS THE ABSOLUTE ONLY RESULT THAT IS POSSIBLE AND NOTHING ELSE WORKS BECAUSE MY PROJECTIONS ARE INFALLIBLE. 

Instead of presenting it like, "this maybe possible and I think it may happen".  You instead say "nothing else is possible" 

Remember when you said it was impossible!!! for Switch to outsell Xbox1 or PS4 post holiday etc?   What happened to that?   Oh yea   Switch is outselling them. 

Remember when you said the Switch would stop selling because portability is a non factor?  and now January comes around and NPD says that Switch's portability factor is driving sales.

My DMP Math is infallible guys :grimace1: 

See Deeno, I think I know where you're going wrong with your maths.

You start with the assumption Xbox has won, and then try to make the numbers reflect that.

Perhaps if you did the numbers first and let them provide their own results, you might have more success.

50 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

See Deeno, I think I know where you're going wrong with your maths.

You start with the assumption Xbox has won, and then try to make the numbers reflect that.

Perhaps if you did the numbers first and let them provide their own results, you might have more success.

my point exactly. 

1 hour ago, GoronCity said:

What is wrong with your brain?

Ain't nothing wrong with anyone else's brain when you're flip flopping back and forth based on who you're talking to.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Dynocrap needs to write dissertations on this new method of analysis.

Schrodinger's NPD numbers.

Oo04a.gif

Dude admitted to me that PS4 likely outsold the Xbone overall, while arguing with Goukosan that it might not have.  Schrodinger indeed.

Edited by McWickedSmawt85

43 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Dude admitted to me that PS4 likely outsold the Xbone overall, while arguing with Goukosan that it might not have.  Schrodinger indeed.

That's not flip flopping if the outcome is unknown, you agreed with me that it's very unlikely the Xbox One outsold the PlayStation 4. However Goukosan came in asserting that there's no way it could have happened, which isn't true.

13 minutes ago, GoronCity said:

That's not flip flopping if the outcome is unknown, you agreed with me that it's very unlikely the Xbox One outsold the PlayStation 4. However Goukosan came in asserting that there's no way it could have happened, which isn't true.

Now, you're saying im the one  talking in absolutes? lol

22 hours ago, GoronCity said:

Why? That would imply that the Switch is eating Sony and Microsoft's lunch. As it goes it seems that the Switch has had an irrelevant effect on how well either of them are doing.

22 hours ago, ghostz said:

Uhhh if even one person has went w a switch over x1/PS4 it’s relevant 

22 hours ago, GoronCity said:

That's not exactly happening though now is it? Given sales figures of everything it's really just selling along side of them and not taking from them. 

The Switch is a companion system, it's best served at the side of something else. 

lmao who would have thought this would happen and then less than a day later...

uGYbx6a.jpg

Just now, Goukosan said:

Now, you're saying im the one  talking in absolutes? lol

Because you are. Could the Xbox One have come in second place in unit sales, yes, no or it is unknown?

3 minutes ago, GoronCity said:

Because you are. Could the Xbox One have come in second place in unit sales, yes, no or it is unknown?

Given the data we have, Switch number 1 and PS4 having the highest share the probability of PS4 outselling Xbox1 this month is higher than Xbox1 outselling PS4 =/= an absolute. 

Same question for you. 

2 minutes ago, GoronCity said:

uGYbx6a.jpg

I could have sword I told Aza this exactly.  That the Switch has it's own market and it wasn't really competing with the 2 current gen consoles.

And I definitely told him before that generations as we knew them were a thing of the past.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Given the data we have, Switch number 1 and PS4 having the highest share the probability of PS4 outselling Xbox1 this month is higher than Xbox1 outselling PS4. 

So we're on the same page then.

• Switch sold the most units
  • We have no idea what total units are of anything
  • PS4 has the highest revenue by 3% from Xbox with Switch somewhere in between
  • PlayStation 4 likely came in second in unit volume but it's also possible it did not