Sign in to follow this  
Aza Team 2019

With PS4 backward compatibility essentially confirmed for PS5, what hopes do Lemmings have?

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

With the rift in Ryzen being as small as it is, I don't expect it, I don't expect anything beyond higher framerates in some games. 

We've seen DF tests with CPU heavy games that it's still a noticeable difference. Here is a basic one. It's noticeable jump over Pro and X.

I mean let's be real this is as good as it gets for 400 in a 3-4 years later date after the Pro. Modest expectations.

1 minute ago, Hopes and Dreams™ said:

We've seen DF tests with CPU heavy games that it's still a noticeable difference. Here is a basic one. It's noticeable jump over Pro and X.

I mean let's be real this is as good as it gets for 400 in a 3-4 years later date after the Pro. Modest expectations.

Let me preface by saying wow, and you need to understand that what will be in these systems will not be desktop level hardware. It will be some ULP mobile derivative of Ryzen architecture, not a full fledged desktop CPU or anything close to it.

It being a jump doesn't mean there's enough of a surplus for advanced physics and AI algorithm, it's basically enough to ensure stabilized framerates and in more cases 60 FPS games will be achieved. 

How does one downgrade a Ryzen CPU designed 30fps game to PS4 without pulling a Doom on Switch scenario.

Anyways the fact we're even asking questions like this is erroneous logic to begin with what Sony will try to achieve with the PS5. Take Fallout 4 VR. PS4 can barely run Skyrim while PS5 even if a modest upgrade should be able to run Fallout 4 VR in an acceptable form.

Edited by Hopes and Dreams™

I'd like to ask DynamiteCop a question then.  Why are Sony and MS releasing next gen consoles then?

Why not just cut off the PS4 and XO and run with the PRO and X1X for the next 4 years? :wonder: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I'd like to ask DynamiteCop a question then.  Why are Sony and MS releasing next gen consoles then?

Why not just cut off the PS4 and XO and run with the PRO and X1X for the next 4 years? :wonder: 

Backlash and rejection entirely.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Backlash and rejection entirely.

Right.. because despite the fact that older hardware COULD run the games, people are ready for the next generation.  They get tired of seeing their fps drop under 30... they get tired of seeing the same UI and experience.  Tired of the same hardware and controllers.  People don't upgrade just because they have to... they do because they want to.  PS5 will be a substantial improvement over PS4 and Pro.  It will be new, and it will be better.  Sony will want those PS4 people to choose PS5.. and I believe they will offer full backwards compatibility.  It's the most logical thing for them to do.

If the Switch doesn't tell you how little people care about the power of the hardware vs the overall experience of having new and improved QoL enhancements and features.. then you simply can't be told. lol

Nintendo is different because Nintendo names beautiful cartoony games on shit hardware 

Nobody would give a fuck about ps5 if it had switch graphics 

9 minutes ago, JonB1 said:

Nintendo is different because Nintendo names beautiful cartoony games on shit hardware 

Nobody would give a fuck about ps5 if it had switch graphics 

It's not going to have Switch graphics and that's not what I meant.  The PS5 will look much better than PS4 and Pro.

People don't care about the upgrade in technological advancements per-se so much as the improvements to the front end and the experience of just using the console.

24 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

If the Switch doesn't tell you how little people care about the power of the hardware vs the overall experience of having new and improved QoL enhancements and features.. then you simply can't be told. lol

With this logic we should never have another console ever again, they should just continually refine the same aging hardware, software and peripherals.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's not going to have Switch graphics and that's not what I meant.  The PS5 will look much better than PS4 and Pro.

People don't care about the upgrade in technological advancements per-se so much as the improvements to the front end and the experience of just using the console.

That's sonys only option because Sony doesn't do anything besides upgrade graphics 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

With this logic we should never have another console ever again, they should just continually refine the same aging hardware, software and peripherals.

Not really... it means that the graphics aren't the only thing that drives sales of new hardware... which you're not considering.  The importance of correct messaging when launching a console and catering to the sector of the market who wants the latest and greatest.  PS5 and X2 will be refinements of what PS4 and XO were.  Nobody is arguing that.  But they'll also provide games and experiences that simply weren't possible on the older hardware.

PS4 owners are ready for change.  And that's what it boils down to.  The market is becoming saturated.. so new hardware will be released.  PS4 Pro will not support PS5 games