Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Biohazard2

NBA thread

Recommended Posts

Meh, as Kobe showed an Achilles injury is super hard to recover from. I'd rather them just resign Brooke Lopez. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ike said:

I'd rather them just resign Brooke Lopez. 

 

Bish, not everything is about the Lakers. :ben:

 

I'd take Cousins for $5.3-million even if he was crushed by an elevator in the off-chance that they find a cure for being crushed to death by an elevator mid-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Biohazard2 said:

It's funny how Dark came back, claims he's too dumb to remember me and we get LBJ lulz

Still doesn't ring a bell, sorry.  Anyway, Lakers got fucked by the Warriors/Cousins today so nothing matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

So the last two GSW chips are KD's and not the franchise? 

 

That Celtics title in 08 was a KG title but not a Franchise title? 

 

Stop the bullshit... lol

nah. KD has proven that he can't lift a team by himself, full-time. he will never shake that label.

 

those championship are definitely not "KD" championships..............that's a team full of players who consider themselves full-time superstars, who only work part-time.

 

EDIT: You naming KD and KG are perfect, in my view. Those of two of the biggest bitches I can think of from these past 20 years of basketball. People who are flaunting around like they are hot shit, when they were destined to be eternal losers for their original teams, and they weren't good enough to truly carry their team to championships. KG is actually the bigger bitch.

Edited by jehurey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jehurey said:

nah. KD has proven that he can't lift a team by himself, full-time. he will never shake that label.

 

those championship are definitely not "KD" championships..............that's a team full of players who consider themselves full-time superstars, who only work part-time.

 

EDIT: You naming KD and KG are perfect, in my view. Those of two of the biggest bitches I can think of from these past 20 years of basketball. People who are flaunting around like they are hot shit, when they were destined to be eternal losers for their original teams, and they weren't good enough to truly carry their team to championships. KG is actually the bigger bitch.

So LeBron falls into the category too then? :wonder:

 

You're contradicting yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

So LeBron falls into the category too then? :wonder:

 

You're contradicting yourself. 

LOL................no, not even close.

 

Lebron has actually carried teams, all the way through. He's actually worked "full-time"

 

Lebron is the only post-2000 NBA finals champion that has won a championship in a similar manner as Jordan's first-3.

 

Make no mistake, Lebron is getting help, but its offset by the higher difficulty level of the Western Conference. Like I said, these championship just "pad" Lebron's legacy. His legacy is largely defined. No matter what he accomplishes in LA, he'll be seen as a Cav first, and a toss-up between a Heat or Laker second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL................no, not even close.

 

Lebron has actually carried teams, all the way through. He's actually worked "full-time"

 

Lebron is the only post-2000 NBA finals champion that has won a championship in a similar manner as Jordan's first-3.

 

Make no mistake, Lebron is getting help, but its offset by the higher difficulty level of the Western Conference. Like I said, these championship just "pad" Lebron's legacy. His legacy is largely defined. No matter what he accomplishes in LA, he'll be seen as a Cav first, and a toss-up between a Heat or Laker second.

all the teams that LeBron carried  by himself he lost in the finals or conference finals, every single one. 

 

Each time he got alot of help, he won.

Wade and Ray Allen, then Kyrie etc.   Nothing is wrong with that because its a team sport.  LBJ has never won a ring by himself don't kid yourself. 

 

The teams get the banners, the players get the ring.   If LBJ happens to win one with LA..... LA gets its 17th banner and LBJ gets his 4th ring. 

 

No one said he will be seen as a Laker when its all said and done.   All I said is that if he wins.... Lakers get another chip. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's hoping Cousins is a flop. The Warriors have too much. I'm also really excited to see LBJ play with this young cast actually. Glad (not so) they haven't traded anyone yet. I say let's see!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kawhi and Danny Green to Toronto for DeRozan, Poeltl, and a 2019 1st

 

Trading the most loyal player to ever wear a Raps uniform for a one year rental of Kawhi. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mannnnnnnn

 

DeRozan was the best raptor of all time, incredibly loyal, loved the city, took a discount for us, wanted nothing but to be here.

 

We trade him for a year of a dude who was just injured for a year and doesn't even wanna be here smh. No loyalty. I feel bad for DeRozan man, that sucks, can't imagine what he's feeling now...

 

From a Basketball sense, it's a good enough trade for the Raptors. We were never getting over the hump with DeRozan, and him being locked up for 3 years just delays the rebuild. If Kawhi actually shows up and plays like he can, we're a much better team. No question about it. We probably make the finals and get swept there instead. Then he leaves and we start the rebuild early. I doubt we have a chance at resigning him, but to be fair players do tend to love Toronto once they come here and we can offer him quite a lot more money than anyone would be able to.  Maybe Drake can throw in a shoe deal.

 

I'll be interested to see what DeRozan can do under Pop too. He's got another gear for sure and he'll work his ass off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good trade for toronto, other than kawhi saying he doesnt want to be there (:ben:). toronto isnt a place that attracts free agents, so the only way to get a player like kawhi is to take the one year rental gamble, like okc did with paul george. if kawhi leaves, well you werent going anywhere with derozan as your best player anyway.

 

not bad for LA too. currently neither player is happy in their new destination, they get to see if kawhi can still play at an elite level after a year hiatu/injury without taking the plunge and gutting their team of all their young players/assets, and the best player on the spurs is now a shrinking violet thats afraid of lebron james.   :wata3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×