Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
-GD-

Is systemwars dead (the concept of it)?

Recommended Posts

Developer wise it is basically dead, most have realised that there is a market for all to exist and be successful. Long gone are the real system wars of Sony, Ninty and Sega, or MS joining the market and making a splash. Most 3rd party devs are all now multiplat also so a lot less vying for 3rd party exclusives. The fact that Nintendo has sort of just found it's own market has helped also, far less direct competitor to the others and there is plenty left for Sony and MS to both be successful regardless of who sells more. Even with the PS4's domination this gen, the Xbox One can still be classified as financially successful. 

 

On the forum side of stuff I always assumed it was always dead. No one really gives a shit, right? Some ppl make me question that here and it is still far more SW like than I thought it would be. Would be cool to just be able to talk about games in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Developer wise it is basically dead, most have realised that there is a market for all to exist and be successful. Long gone are the real system wars of Sony, Ninty and Sega, or MS joining the market and making a splash. Most 3rd party devs are all now multiplat also so a lot less vying for 3rd party exclusives. The fact that Nintendo has sort of just found it's own market has helped also, far less direct competitor to the others and there is plenty left for Sony and MS to both be successful regardless of who sells more. Even with the PS4's domination this gen, the Xbox One can still be classified as financially successful. 

 

On the forum side of stuff I always assumed it was always dead. No one really gives a shit, right? Some ppl make me question that here and it is still far more SW like than I thought it would be. Would be cool to just be able to talk about games in general. 

This is all I want, but everything feels like a constant attack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've gone too far to go back now, we've been throwing jabs at each other for so long  that we forgot how to discuss the games we play.

Or we just don't want to, poking each other is more fun, deep down we know we're all bullies :dudebro:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cows are just mad that 90 percent of the games they play are massively inferior .

I've never seen people hold a grudge like that :D Xbox 360 owned then off the internet .

 

Then PS4 comes out , has no games and Sony idiots jerk off over a small difference in resolution .

 

Remember these guys hyping games like resogun , don't starve and octodad ? Fucking octodad:danylol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JonB1 said:

The cows are just mad that 90 percent of the games they play are massively inferior .

I've never seen people hold a grudge like that :D Xbox 360 owned then off the internet .

 

Then PS4 comes out , has no games and Sony idiots jerk off over a small difference in resolution .

 

Remember these guys hyping games like resogun , don't starve and octodad ? Fucking octodad:danylol:

 

 

Except the cows aren't mad about it. We've had superior multiplats for 4 years while lemmings have had it for like 6 months, and developers still aren't really utilizing the One X's power advantage in a meaningful way except for pushing more pixels on screen and minuscule details that you need to zoom in to appreciate it. These are the very things you've said when the power advantages were more in favor on PlayStation, but we know you'll ride that Micropenis til the day it gets one upped by PS5. :]

 

The reality is cows play AAAE exclusives that look and play better than anything One X has produced thus far. :juggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you want to pretend the first 4 years of PS4 didn't happen .

I was there too . Playing trash like Infamous :D

It's why you're a PC gamer . 

PS4 sucks . It's outdated and didn't have any games for years :juggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The war is over. [Puts rifle on ground. Looks at waving Sony flag, which foreshadows the onlooking soldier becoming obsolete just like the final scene in Seven Samurai by Kurosawa]. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JonB1 said:

I know you want to pretend the first 4 years of PS4 didn't happen .

I was there too . Playing trash like Infamous :D

It's why you're a PC gamer . 

PS4 sucks . It's outdated and didn't have any games for years :juggle:

Blatant lies don't change the fact that PS4 has been superior for 4 years with the best multiplats and best exclusives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Blatant lies don't change the fact that PS4 has been superior for 4 years with the best multiplats and best exclusives.

There's no reason that the PlayStation 4 sold the way it did for its first three years other than Microsoft shitting the bed with their screw ups. It wasn't until 2017 that the system actually started delivering.

 

Microsoft dropped the ball and Sony was there to catch it, nothing more and nothing less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

There's no reason that the PlayStation 4 sold the way it did for its first three years other than Microsoft shitting the bed with their screw ups. It wasn't until 2017 that the system actually started delivering.

 

Microsoft dropped the ball and Sony was there to catch it, nothing more and nothing less. 

Microsoft dropped the ball 9 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Blatant lies don't change the fact that PS4 has been superior for 4 years with the best multiplats and best exclusives.

Xbox had the best games . 

PS4 wins 1 year . Cows lose it :D

There was a lot of parity bewtween PS4 and Xb1 

Xbx rapes pro in a dirty bathroom .

 

You can't play god of war forever.  Movie games have no replay value :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JonB1 said:

Xbox had the best games . 

PS4 wins 1 year . Cows lose it :D

There was a lot of parity bewtween PS4 and Xb1 

Xbx rapes pro in a dirty bathroom .

 

You can't play god of war forever.  Movie games have no replay value :D

What best games are you talking about? Ryse? :danylol: Come the fuck on. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There's no reason that the PlayStation 4 sold the way it did for its first three years other than Microsoft shitting the bed with their screw ups. It wasn't until 2017 that the system actually started delivering.

 

Microsoft dropped the ball and Sony was there to catch it, nothing more and nothing less. 

You say there's no reason... goes ahead and lists a major reason... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×