Sign in to follow this  
DynamiteCop!

What chance do you think there is of Microsoft dropping a megaton at E3?

Is a new megaton game possible?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is a new megaton game possible?

• 100%
    • 90%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • 60%
    • 50%
    • 40%
    • 30%
    • 20%
    • 10%
    • 0%

Just something out of fucking no where, something huge that no one saw coming. Is it possible? I mean think about it, all these games they've been releasing have been things known about for years with little else talked about, there's no way there's just been nothing going on behind the scenes. 

Is there a Halo/Gears level new IP possibility? I mean the long silence in relation to new games, them utilizing an entire theater to house their own E3, something must be going on. It's been almost two years since Gears of War 4, is it possible that Microsoft greenlit the continuation of the IP The Coalition (Black Tusk) was working on before they transitioned to Gears 4 development?

What do you consider a megaton? Halo 6, Gears 5 are a given eventually, if not this year. Is a new IP really a megaton? SW bs aside, Sony does that quite regularly. Like for eg the Horizon reveal was awesome but I wouldn't call it a megaton. Same for The Last of Us reveal or Death Stranding reveal etc.

The biggest megaton MS has done this gen imo was releasing first party titles Day 1 on gamepass. Truly a game changer for them

I expect a good MS conference with new games revealed, further development into their BC and gamepass systems and so on. Don't know if that is a megaton though. 

Announcing new IP is bare minimum. Especially from flop devs like The Coalition :mj:

Megatons are unexpected major reveals like FFVII Remake. MS don’t have any IP that would qualify and nobody is making 3rs party exclusives for such a small user base 

100% gonna happen.

Phil's been scheming behind the scenes.  Satya gave him access to the war chest, and they're gonna blow minds :wow2: 

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

What do you consider a megaton? Halo 6, Gears 5 are a given eventually, if not this year. Is a new IP really a megaton? SW bs aside, Sony does that quite regularly. Like for eg the Horizon reveal was awesome but I wouldn't call it a megaton. Same for The Last of Us reveal or Death Stranding reveal etc.

The biggest megaton MS has done this gen imo was releasing first party titles Day 1 on gamepass. Truly a game changer for them

I expect a good MS conference with new games revealed, further development into their BC and gamepass systems and so on. Don't know if that is a megaton though. 

I mean like a Halo/Gears level new game, something of that caliber. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

100% gonna happen.

Phil's been scheming behind the scenes.  Satya gave him access to the war chest, and they're gonna blow minds :wow2: 

Like it was 100% gonna happen last year?:danylol:

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

The Playground Games Horizon rip off will probably be that but it won’t be close to showing

Just now, Voidler said:

The Playground Games Horizon rip off will probably be that but it won’t be close to showing

Horizon rip off?

2 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Like it was 100% gonna happen last year?:danylol:

Last year was 90% :romantears: 

Microsoft needs an exciting and new IP. Not some shitty flop like Sea of Thieves that died after 3 weeks. Since this is Microsoft I'm not expecting much because they don't seem to understand what it means to have a first party.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Microsoft needs an exciting and new IP. Not some shitty flop like Sea of Thieves that died after 3 weeks. Since this is Microsoft I'm not expecting much because they don't seem to understand what it means to have a first party.

I think Sea of Thieves is a great type of game to have, it may not be some peoples cup of tea but it should exist. The issue is it's the type of game that needs to be complimented by larger titles, it has a place just not at the big boys table, not yet anyway. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I think Sea of Thieves is a great type of game to have, it may not be some peoples cup of tea but it should exist. The issue is it's the type of game that needs to be complimented by larger titles, it has a place just not at the big boys table, not yet anyway. 

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it, but you can't be releasing half baked games and expect a huge following after the fact. First impressions matter the most and Microsoft is going to need to do a lot to Sea of Thieves to make it visible on people's radars again. I mean, just look at Gran Turismo Sport... Polyphony released a game with driving lessons, mission challenges and arcade racing with online. They completely left out the career/campaign mode at first and other events and now people view the game as having no content. Luckily, Gran Turismo is an already established IP and has a bunch of followers regardless so the game ended up doing alright.

Banjo-Threeie or Conker 2 are the only things I’d consider megatons. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah i think a 90% chance of that happening. I wouldn't really consider it a megaton personally because it is long overdue. I also think MS is holding back till next gen though, no real point dropping bombs now. 

An actual megaton imo will be announcing any major 3rd party publisher joining the day 1 gamepass thing. Say every new Ubisoft game is day 1 gamepass. 

Also possibly integrating XBL Gold and Gamepass into a single service.

Another possible one would be announcing the purchase of a talented developer, maybe one more closely tied with Sony. I think getting Housemarque would've been huge as I don't know how Sony hasn't bought them already. But maybe also someone like Supermassive. 

30 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Announcing new IP is bare minimum. Especially from flop devs like The Coalition :mj:

Megatons are unexpected major reveals like FFVII Remake. MS don’t have any IP that would qualify and nobody is making 3rs party exclusives for such a small user base 

I wouldn't consider a game that won't come for 8 years and be best on Xbox a megaton.  I'd call that padding .

Hopes and Dreams™/10

For MS/lemmings standards a new type of skeleton for Sea of Piss is already a megaton. :drake:

Slim as hell. 

But...these would stir things up

$100 price drop for one x  ($399 would pretty awesome)

Anthem gets 1 year exclusivity on Xbox 

New IP comparable to halo/gears in their prime