Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Remij_

Eidos Montreal dev (Tomb Raider) accuses Naughty Dog of faking animations

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Remij_ said:
  • New traversal and prone move-sets.
  • Combat has increased emphasis on tension, interactivity and realism.
  • Enemy AI references each other by name, and constantly communicates with each other.
  • Two different timelines explored in TLOU2.
  • New dodge/evade mechanic is a core part of combat and melee.
  • You now have a jump button.
  • Far more creative and emergent moments in combat thanks to big increase in breadth of options.
  • Improved stealth mechanics, including crawl, prone, squeezing into tighter gaps, underneath vehicles etc.
  • Expanded infected enemies and whole new classes.
  • You're not automatically fully hidden in grass. Extent of your visibility depends on height & density of foliage.
  • Much more verticality in combat scenarios now. She needs more routes and ways to engage.
  • Survival aspects are still a focus.
  • Different ammo types (eg explosive arrows) now. Each ammo type fulfills a particular strategy niche.
  • Animation system is completely overhauled so everything is even more realistic and transitions are seamless.
  • Wide linear combat environments are being expanded to be even larger and broader.
  • AI system massively improved for added realism.
  • No more auto AI telepathic awareness of you once spotted. They whistle to and actually communicate with each other.
  • Referred to as systemic check-ins of AI information. They pass information to each other more realistically to let new groups and enemies know of the unfolding situation or of your position.
  • Enemy awareness and ability to seek player out improved.
  • You can now craft different ammo and arrow types.
  • Demo is set 4 years after the events of TLOU, in Jackson.
  • Seraphite(sp?) is a religious cultish group, but they will not be black and white. Motivations explored.
  • Joel is somewhere out there in Jackson....
  • They use more advanced facial camera capture and mo-cap now, more advanced than they had with Uncharted 4.
  • Lots of new facial animation tech. More nuances of the face, creases, folds, build up of skin etc.
  • Eyeball tech also re-worked, now includes internal refractions, reflections and so on.

Naughty fucking GODS :bow: 

GODLY :bow: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

guarantee you the AI in that demo is exactly what we'll get in the final game, and that they will adapt to the player and where they decide to go.  

See, this is where you are wrong. The player always adapt to Naughty Dogs shit scripted sequences. It's been like since the first UC game, their games are extremely linear and guided experiences.

 

They never let their gameplay flow, they force you down a path through constant scripted sequence and you can barely deviate from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ramza said:

See, this is where you are wrong. The player always adapt to Naughty Dogs shit scripted sequences. It's been like since the first UC game, their games are extremely linear and guided experiences.

 

They never let their gameplay flow, they force you down a path through constant scripted sequence and you can barely deviate from it.

uc lost legacy experimented with taking a more open approach. mind you, that wasn't even ND's top team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

See, this is where you are wrong. The player always adapt to Naughty Dogs shit scripted sequences. It's been like since the first UC game, their games are extremely linear and guided experiences.

 

They never let their gameplay flow, they force you down a path through constant scripted sequence and you can barely deviate from it.

Don't fucking speak to me... You know nothing :mj: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -GD- said:

.uc lost legacy experimented with taking a more open approach. mind you, that wasn't even ND's top team. 

I skipped UC4 and LL. But other than some more open sections (which are clearly distinct from other parts of the game), I don't see what they do differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij_ said:

Don't fucking speak to me... You know nothing :mj: 

:D Delusional fanboys. What I said is true for UC1 to TLOU. 

 

If you seriously think ND makes freeform gameplay that the player has total control over, you're retarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I skipped UC4 and LL. But other than some more open sections (which are clearly distinct from other parts of the game), I don't see what they do differently.

so you just admitted you have no idea what you are talking about :D 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, -GD- said:

so you just admitted you have no idea what you are talking about :D 

:lawl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, -GD- said:

so you just admitted you have no idea what you are talking about :D 

I've played 4 of the past 6 ND games, I have a pretty fucking good idea of how they design their shit. It's the reason why I stopped buying them in the first place. :tom:

 

I wasn't making a direct comparison with UC4 or LL you dumbfucks.

Edited by Ramza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I've played 4 of the past 6 ND games, I have a pretty fucking good idea of how they design their shit. It's the reason why I stopped buying them in the first place. :tom:

 

I wasn't making a direct comparisong with UC4 or LL you dumbfucks.

yeah, comparing an upcoming current gen game to last gen ones, instead of OTHER current gen titles is logical :roll: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -GD- said:

yeah, comparing an upcoming current gen game to last gen ones, instead of OTHER current gen titles is logical :roll: 

I've seen both games in actions, seen tons of reviews. Their design philosophy hasn't changed a bit. 

 

You guys are retarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I've seen both games in actions, seen tons of reviews. Their design philosophy hasn't changed a bit. 

 

You guys are retarded.

buh buh teh vids :cry: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -GD- said:

buh buh teh vids :cry: 

I'm not going to play UC4 to confirm what I already know. :D 

 

This last trailer of TLOU2 clearly shows their still designing their games the same exact way. 

 

Instead of trying to attack my credibility, perhaps you'd want to start making some real argumentations as to why I'm wrong.

 

but bu you haven't played UC4, it's so different, trust me!  :cries:

 

ND fangirls. :mickey: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

  :cries:

 

 

that's what i got from your post. i edited out the BS :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

These ND fans are on the verge of tears :fatcruise:

The denial is strong. :tom: 

 

Scripted sequences in my Naughty Dogs games? No way, you just don't get it! Oh shit, you haven't played UC4? CRISIS AVERTED. :den:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij_ said:

These faggot doubters have been scripted to hate Naughy God :geese: 

You used to hate on UC4 so fucking hard on Sidescrollers. lmao

 

Oh look at you now, you've been duped by ND scripted action again. 

 

I will enjoy your TLOU2 backlash after it gets a 10/10 like UC4 did (something you strongly disagreed with, calling it a 8/10 game at best).

 

:mickey: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramza said:

You used to hate on UC4 so fucking hard on Sidescrollers. lmao

 

Oh look at you now, you've been duped by ND scripted action again. 

 

I will enjoy your TLOU2 backlash after it gets a 10/10 like UC4 did (something you strongly disagreed with, calling it a 8/10 game at best).

 

:mickey: 

I've explained why I hate on Uncharted 4.  And it had nothing to do with the AI and scripted events... lmfao.

 

I've also been anticipating and praising what kind of game this could be... and it's looking amazing.  If it ends up sucking... I'll say so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×