Sign in to follow this  
Remij_

Eidos Montreal dev (Tomb Raider) accuses Naughty Dog of faking animations

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

A well oiled machine with diminishing variation. 

No, that would be the Forza IPs.

• Like 1

look at lara croft and then look at that fat disgusting zitty bulldyke ellie :rofl:

ND are fucking hacks, every game they make is shit.

1 minute ago, Bodycount X said:

look at lara croft and then look at that fat disgusting zitty bulldyke ellie :rofl:

ND are fucking hacks, every game they make is shit.

Honestly I don't see how you can love Tomb Raider post reboot so much and hate on TLOU so hard, or vice versa.

It's pretty much the same fucking shit. Both are fucking abysmal.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

so can someone tell me what exactly happened with crystal dynamics? They must still be around right?

They're likely working on something else and collaborated with Eidos to create this instead of doing it themselves. 

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

so can someone tell me what exactly happened with crystal dynamics? They must still be around right?

Crystal Dynamics is working on The Avengers game. 

That's embarrassing. Let's hope they give Tomb Raider a rest once this game is out, and bring back action hero Lara Croft with a full reboot 5-6 years from now. 

No wonder he is so astounded that he thinks it’s fake when his team can’t even manage to update animations between games 

71bP5ND.gif

Zf9W4zf.gif

33 minutes ago, Voidler said:

No wonder he is so astounded that he thinks it’s fake when his team can’t even manage to update animations between games 

71bP5ND.gif

Zf9W4zf.gif

yea she should be able to do a back flip take down now. lazy sequel :shake:

Here's a better demo from Nvidia.  The game looks good.  I mean, there's still some jank.. but it's pretty much what it was in Rise of the Tomb Raider.  It's definitely not anywhere close to hanging with TLOU2 though.  But I swear to god I'm seeing some good bounce lighting on Lara's character model, which really impresses me.  

On 6/12/2018 at 12:50 PM, DynamiteCop! said:

What have we been telling you guys... SCRIPTING

:snoop:

"You’re seeing all game mechanics and systems and assets that you’re going to experience in the final game.

- Neil Druckmann

:deadest:

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

- Neil Druckmann

:deadest:

I'll believe it when it comes to pass, that's a PR statement to mitigate negative press. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'll believe it when it comes to pass, that's a PR statement to mitigate negative press. 

:cmpunk1:

I've got that first rebooted Tomb Raider (2013), but should I skip the rest? Is that what I'm to glean from this thread?

Edit: Also, the PS4 is looking quite tempting considering all the game I can play on it (not too mention all the ones from years past that are now $19-39) that I've not yet had a chance with.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat

3 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I've got that first rebooted Tomb Raider (2013), but should I skip the rest? Is that what I'm to glean from this thread?

Edit: Also, the PS4 is looking quite tempting considering all the game I can play on it (not too mention all the ones from years past that are now $19-39) that I've not yet had a chance with.

You could get quality exclusives like Bloodborne and Until Dawn for $20 CAD each, new and sealed. :wow2:

I just bought GT Sport and Shadow of the Colossus for $30 CAD each not long ago.

Having a backlog of old games is always fun and easy on the wallet. Unless you're gaming on a Nintendo platform that is. Where launch titles stays at $80 for years.  :lul: 

8 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

The reboot and the sequel are both good however the reboot definitely had much more of an impact at the time because it felt like a fresh start. New tone, new Lara Croft, new gameplay mechanics and so on. Rise is more of your typical sequel where it definitely improves upon the base but only by the usual cliche sequel improvements. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I've seen a bunch of really cheap games when I went into the local independent gamestore in my town.

Think of them as the neighbourhood, comic/manga, netcafe, Warhammer (figurines), and re-seller of games - I think they provide in-store credit; haven't really asked. However, it looks like I could drop $650-750, and come out with a PS4, and a crate of games.