Sign in to follow this  
Cookester15

Are Americans excited to pay more for their electronics?

there's an evil twin cooke out there. 

Just now, Cookester15 said:

Where?

he's double posting

Fuck this administration and all the people who voted for the GOP. 

• Upvote 1

Since I matured out of the idiocy of a buying consoles just for the sake of buying a new console.  I won't have any problem with increased electronic prices.  

My Galaxy S7 Edge I picked up last year should last me for several years like my S4 did before it died. 

I'm cool with it Cooke.  God has prepared me well. 

15 minutes ago, #MeToo said:

Well you figured it out genius. Trump wants to protect the US producer.

Unless you want to base your economy on importing shit.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/600-non-steel-jobs-at-risk-for-every-steel-job/

600 Non-Steel Jobs at Risk for Every Steel Job

Trump’s steel tariffs have been interpreted by many as an attempt to hold onto votes from the former steel towns, much as were George W. Bush’s in the early 2000s. This is a plausible explanation for what Trump is hoping to do. But it will turn out to be a losing political strategy.

The ten states whose economies depend most on steel and aluminum imports are Missouri, Louisiana, Connecticut, Maryland, Arkansas, Iowa, West Virginia, Alabama, Ohio, and North Dakota. Which is to say that these are the states with the largest percentage of jobs at risk from increased steel and aluminum taxes. All but two of those states were won by Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election.

The industries that use steel and aluminum, as well as those that support those industries, employ many more people than those that produce the metals. Per research from Brookings, the ratio is 600 to one. These jobs, which are now at risk due to the increased costs that Trump’s tariffs will yield, are concentrated in states that Trump won.

Indeed, even in the states that produce steel and aluminum, this is so; for every job “saved” by this measure, there are likely to be many lost in concert. Not exactly a vote-winner.

And that's coming from a right-wing publication, no less.

Some of the more"grounded" estimates are putting it at 5 jobs will be lost for every steel job gained.

We're not stupid like Russians/Crimeans.........we don't take what the administration says at face value.

Electronics aren't manufactured here, and the electronics themselves aren't made out of steel or aluminum to any appreciable extent. 

Do you know what a tariff is and how it works?

Are you insinuating that China will return the favor and raise the prices of their electronics? That's literally all they have. Lol. That's economic suicide. 

Edited by teh_4th

2 hours ago, #MeToo said:

Unless you want to base your economy on importing shit.

Yeah, that's usually how service economies work.

38 minutes ago, teh_4th said:

Electronics aren't manufactured here

Do you know what a tariff is and how it works?

Are you insinuating that China will return the favor and raise the prices of their electronics?

:|

what are you guys tlaking about, going to a trade war with all your allies and all your rivals at the same time while they all simultaneously don't go to a trade war with one another is surely a winning strategy

15 minutes ago, Kitad said:

what are you guys tlaking about, going to a trade war with all your allies and all your rivals at the same time while they all simultaneously don't go to a trade war with one another is surely a winning strategy

There is no such thing as alllies for the US. Only vassals.

48 minutes ago, #MeToo said:

Not when your import/export sado is heavily scuded to imports.

You know there are benefits to a trade deficit, right?

5 minutes ago, #MeToo said:

Like what exactly.

The fact that consumers benefit when they buy stuff?

putting tariffs is retarded

why are deficits bad again?

Edited by Kitad