Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Hollow Knight is godly.

48 minutes ago, Kitad said:

This game is amazing.

You guys are going to hate me for this: But this is truly the best attempt at 2D Dark Souls.

dark souls + Metroid :aitch:

11 hours ago, Ramza said:

Dark Souls 1 was already a Metroidvania type game tbh with it's interconnected level design.

yup, and I've played other attempts at 2D dark souls but they are too simplistic at mimicking the mechanics in another format. Hollow knight takes the spirit of dark souls (disorienting world, limited healing, death punishment, understated lore, simple yet focused combat) and creates a coherent whole.

its one of the best games ive played this year

• Upvote 1

This game is constantly throwing new areas at you way past when you think you are done

Ita glorious

37 minutes ago, Kitad said:

This game is constantly throwing new areas at you way past when you think you are done

Ita glorious

I loved that about the game.  Even though I beat the game there are still 10 to 15 monsters I didn't encounter which leads me to believe I have discovered the entire map as yet. 

Man, the Watcher Knights are absolutely whooping my ass.

Everything is usually good up until one of them inevitably goes off screen. I feel like they aren't even that hard otherwise. 

Anyway, I think I need to get some better charms, I haven't really found anything good yet. Right now my weapoin is at the 3rd level (pale ore) and I have 6 hearts or whatever. Otherwise I have 2 of the charge up attacks.

Any areas to find some good charms in right now?  Also where the fuck do I get some more charm slots?

4 hours ago, Casual said:

Man, the Watcher Knights are absolutely whooping my ass.

Everything is usually good up until one of them inevitably goes off screen. I feel like they aren't even that hard otherwise. 

Anyway, I think I need to get some better charms, I haven't really found anything good yet. Right now my weapoin is at the 3rd level (pale ore) and I have 6 hearts or whatever. Otherwise I have 2 of the charge up attacks.

Any areas to find some good charms in right now?  Also where the fuck do I get some more charm slots?

There is a shop that sells you charms slots, but its tied to how many charms you find.    Eg. after the first few charms u can purchase a slot ...then after 14 you can purchase another etc.    I don't remember what the lower threshold was... by the time I found the shop I was able to purchase at least 2.

also If I remember clearly one of the shops in dirt mouth has 1 or Two charms slots for sale. 

and finally there are one or two charm slots hidden in the overworld that I found throughout my 40 plus hr play through... there might be more though not sure. 

I’m buying a playing this when/if I get my Switch back from my gf. She’s 20+ hours into Octopath.