Sign in to follow this  
Beta Bux Romeo

So I just hacked the shit out of my PS3 for PS2/PSP emulation

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-the-great-ps3xploit-3-0-han-all-in-one-guide.16979/

It's very easy, and all there. Enjoy. Just needs a throw away PSN account. Reminds me of the Wii hack I did.

Haven't tried booting PS2 discs yet, but you can always "borrow" the games you own if it's ISOs only.

Edit - Works on latest firmware.

Edited by #MeToo

I had a broken PS3 that I had kept up in my closet for over 5 years, and I finally got it working late last year, and I had read about the possibility of hacking it, but like a dumbass I updated the firmware, and missed a perfectly good opportunity .

Still, just happy to get it (almost) running back to normal. Its a near-launch PS3, so I wanted to get it running again. There's quite a bit of PS+ games that I need to play for PS3.

ps2 emulation on pc is pretty good. I leave my ps3 as it is.

and play psp on my phone :shrug: 

Edited by saltyhermitdenial

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I had a broken PS3 that I had kept up in my closet for over 5 years, and I finally got it working late last year, and I had read about the possibility of hacking it, but like a dumbass I updated the firmware, and missed a perfectly good opportunity .

Still, just happy to get it (almost) running back to normal. Its a near-launch PS3, so I wanted to get it running again. There's quite a bit of PS+ games that I need to play for PS3.

I posted this because this works with the LATEST firmware update. No need to downgrade or anything like that.

That's what makes this has so good. It's a very recent hack.

Edited by #MeToo

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

fat lady? I wish I still had my first ps3. :sad: 

37 minutes ago, saltyhermitdenial said:

fat lady? I wish I still had my first ps3. :sad: 

I bought a launch PS3, and my good friend bought an early 2015 PS3, which is basically the same thing.

So, he played it in a dirty house, in a small enclosed cabinet that it had a heating problem and got the Yellow light. When I tried to fix it for him, I fucking had everything finished and fixed, but (supposedly) I ended up pinching a wire which created a shorted circuit, and (supposedly) I messed up the mainboard. That was like 2011/2012. I felt bad  so I gave him my PS3.

So, one day I was digging out my closet and found the box, and I decided to mess with it, and also decided to buy some silicon epoxy to see if maybe the pins on the GPU had gotten disconnected.  I figured that I could totally fuck around with it, because its not working at all.  And it turned on., and loads into the OS, and can play (some) digital games.  But the blu-ray drive still isn't working. So I am trying to find some parts to get that running. OR, if it can be hacked, even better, just run everything off the hard drive. OR the vast majority of PS3 games I've purchased have been from PS+ and PSN sales, so they'e digital games anyways. But I'd like to get the blu-ray drive working.

Just ordered myself a new Sony-branded Dualshock 3 just this past weekend, but I have no idea what I did with the original. Technically I should have a Sixaxis somewhere, but I can't even find that.

Edited by jehurey

Is psp and ps2 emulation by modding new? I remember having modded my ps3 as soon as I bought it way back then. Never bought a game for it lol. 

Good find. 

I will read this up and try it on my PS3 SuperSlimm. I assume since it works on any firmware that it works on any PS3 model.  

I never understood why SONY got really petty last gen and took away the BC they offered on their systems even when it's hardware was capable of emulating over software. 

2 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Good find. 

I will read this up and try it on my PS3 SuperSlimm. I assume since it works on any firmware that it works on any PS3 model.  

I never understood why SONY got really petty last gen and took away the BC they offered on their systems even when it's hardware was capable of emulating over software. 

You can't install custom firmware on PS3 super slim. Just the Han program that let's you run PS2 games converted to PS3's pkg format. There is no homebred emulator on super slim yet that other models have like multiman.

Also this shit is a pain in the ass to install it took me hoursnof trial and error.

• Upvote 1

PS4 current firmware 5.55 hack preview. Don't update that shit. Obviously you can download shit you would never buy anyways.

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/kernel-exploit-for-fw-5-53-sneak-peek-by-mathieulh-update-latest-fw-5-55-as-well.17884/

I don't endorse piracy and wait for physical releases. But digital only can blow it out their ass. Never paying for that garbage.

I wish I knew everything SONY created, down to the blueprint design and assembly/ compiling language.  
I'd reverse engineer their software and release a downloadable software update for PS3 to enable PS2 backward compatibility.   

A damn shame this could be done if SONY wasn't so petty/greedy.