Sign in to follow this  
Beta Bux Romeo

So I just hacked the shit out of my PS3 for PS2/PSP emulation

22 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Having to boot up your old ass consoles to play non-bc games in 2018 :fatcruise:

XBOX :bow:

Mortal Kombat Kollection is only on Xbox 360. In order to play it, I still need my 360.  There's no way to play the game on Xbox One. 

OG XBox's BC support will always be shit for the simple fact half the publishers of the era don't even exist anymore. XBox needs to be hacked and somehow modify the built in emu to run shit.

I looked at the XBO OG BC list it's pitiful.

Edited by #MeToo

An OG Xbox is worth getting just for the emulation capabilities. It emulated old console games amazingly and from what I saw on a youtube video from a guy that writes emulators for consoles, even the Xbox 360 doesn't have as much support or was more complicated to mod or something. I recently played an Super Mario 64 on it and was amazed that it ran so smooth. I remember playing Castlevania Symphony of the Night on it, but that was a 2D game.  Oh, it also plays Xbox games.... :D

Edited by roflpwnedz

For cheap collection purposes - Silent Hill 2/3/4. Shadow of Memories, Castlevania Lamnent/Curse of Darkness. The Japanese versions are have full english support.

They are really cheap on Ebay.

So on a jailbreak forum they solved my PS2 question with all widescreen/1080p solutions it's easy this is for jailbroken PS4s:

check the psdev wiki for commands you can edit within the ps2 emu. just edit the config-emu-ps4.txt

For instance, if you want 4:3 instead of 16:9, change this line
--host-display-mode=FULL
to
--host-display-mode=4:3
(command examples: normal,full,4:3,16:9)

you can edit the lines to uprender and upscale

--gs-uprender="put command here w/o quotes"
(command examples: none, 2x2)

--gs-upscale="put command here w/o quotes"
(command examples: none, gpu, edgesmooth, motionvec)

you can also set a number of discs to 1-5 for multi-disc games by simply changing the number and renaming iso's sequentially and placing them in the image folder before building the pkg.
(example: disc01.iso, disc02.iso, ect)

Edited by #MeToo

The PS3 PS2 converter program has about 100 config files that it auto detects to increase compatibility. They are working on an auto config setup for PS4. We will eventually see something like 90%+ compatability.

I'm having a lot of fun setting this all up, learning, testing it's fun as fuck.

Edited by #MeToo

41 minutes ago, #MeToo said:

The PS3 PS2 converter program has about 100 config files that it auto detects to increase compatibility. They are working on an auto config setup for PS4. We will eventually see something like 90%+ compatability.

I'm having a lot of fun setting this all up, learning, testing it's fun as fuck.

Just get a decent PC ffs :shake: 

The best of every world :blessed: 

20 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Just get a decent PC ffs :shake: 

The best of every world :blessed: 

PC can't even emulate the effects correctly of huge titles like GTA, which the PS4 emu does. And compatability is also fairly low, many games don't get past Black screens. The PC scene isn't that great since they just emulate the big titles that already have remasters anyways, who wants to emulate the MGS collection, Jak Collection, God of War collection, Kingdom Hearts collection,  FFXII etc. PS4 emulation has some advantages over the PC. You still need to get Remapper and patch ISOs or use codes to change controls, same shit with widescreen. PC emulation is not an all around solution. Also PC emulation ALSO requires custom config files. It's literally 1:1 in terms of optimizing your game like PC on PS4.

PS4's emulator is accurate 100% to the original visuals. PC emulation is not. Both have their uses, but getting the PS4 emulation is the best way to make things as authentic as possible without breaking the games.

Edited by #MeToo

15 minutes ago, #MeToo said:

PC can't even emulate the effects correctly of huge titles like GTA, which the PS4 emu does. And compatability is also fairly low, many games don't get past Black screens. The PC scene isn't that great since they just emulate the big titles that already have remasters anyways, who wants to emulate the MGS collection, Jak Collection, God of War collection, Kingdom Hearts collection,  FFXII etc. PS4 emulation has some advantages over the PC. You still need to get Remapper and patch ISOs or use codes to change controls, same shit with widescreen. PC emulation is not an all around solution. Also PC emulation ALSO requires custom config files. It's literally 1:1 in terms of optimizing your game like PC on PS4.

PS4's emulator is accurate 100% to the original visuals. PC emulation is not. Both have their uses, but getting the PS4 emulation is the best way to make things as authentic as possible without breaking the games.

The PS4 emulator is garbage and you wont even use your fucking PS4 anymore by the time things get sorted.

The PC scene isn't that great he says... :mj: 

Yea, because the PS4 emulation scene is just BOOMING...lmao.  There's a reason why Sony left this shit unannounced and locked and haven't touched it in years.

Just now, Remij_ said:

The PS4 emulator is garbage and you wont even use your fucking PS4 anymore by the time things get sorted.

The PC scene isn't that great he says... :mj: 

Yea, because the PS4 emulation scene is just BOOMING...lmao.  There's a reason why Sony left this shit unannounced and locked and haven't touched it in years.

It can't even emulate the post processing effects correctly in the GTA Trilogy. I wouldn't call it exactly great, it's the best thing we have for now. Checked, people can't get King's Field 4 running either. You're making it sound way better than it really is.

16 minutes ago, #MeToo said:

It can't even emulate the post processing effects correctly in the GTA Trilogy. I wouldn't call it exactly great, it's the best thing we have for now. Checked, people can't get King's Field 4 running either. You're making it sound way better than it really is.

:grimace1: