Sign in to follow this  
DynamiteCop!

This is why Microsoft axed Xbox One X VR support

3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Developers have been commenting on this:

I heard another developer say this wasn't accurate at all either and was lower than in reality.. but I can't find it atm.

Anyway, half of Steam's VR users are Oculus Rift owners, who very likely buy most of the games that release on both from the Oculus store.  Moss is also available on the Oculus, and likely did better there than on Steam.  That's where I bought it from.

The list is bunk.  This thread is dead.

VR :bow: 

You're retarded, these people think they're talking about sales figures, these are player numbers...

I corrected that second developer and they subsequently deleted their comment, that's why you can't find it.

12 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're retarded, these people think they're talking about sales figures, these are player numbers...

I corrected that second developer and they subsequently deleted their comment, that's why you can't find it.

You didn't correct shit :mj: 

God DAMN you really talk out your ass don't you? :cosby2: 

:hest: 

Edited by Remij_

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

You didn't correct shit :mj: 

Except I did and he deleted his comment because it was a simple oversight.

players =/= sales

Microsoft dropped VR support because they just don't have the capacity or know how in terms of supporting the platform. Hell, they can barely support their one and only platform as it is. :lawl:

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Except I did and he deleted his comment because it was a simple oversight.

players =/= sales

You don't even know who the fuck I'm referring to dipshit...

Just now, Remij_ said:

You don't even know who the fuck I'm referring to dipshit...

I know exactly who you're referring to and what post it is, it was a post made by a second developer in that same line of Facebook comments. I corrected him and he subsequently deleted his post. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I know exactly who you're referring to and what post it is, it was a post made by a second developer in that same line of Facebook comments. I corrected him and he subsequently deleted his post. 

Uh, no... it was a developer on the Steam forums.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Uh, no... it was a developer on the Steam forums.

Sure it was, so where is it?

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sure it was, so where is it?

If I knew I'd post it....  That's why I said I can't find it.  I forget which game forum it was on.  But w/e.

There's lots of shit that's not even being counted here.  Like one of the most popular VR games ATM "Beat Saber"... It's early access and doesn't have achievements so it's not even counted at all.  Plus the Rift is like 50% of VR on Steam and most of those people buy their games from the Oculus Store, so that isn't going to be counted.

I'm not sure why people get offended when told the truth .

Maybe VR has a couple cool games ...sure , 

But overall it's a gimmick , flop in sales , and nobody cares about it 

Two other important factors you missed.

1. This means competing not only with PSVR but PC headset. They can't compete with Sony on price, and they can't release a PC like expensive ass VR helmet. It's a dead end. It needs to be superior to all the competiton or a great balance of features /price to even make it viable. That's impossible, they have to decide between quality and price. Hard balance to get right.

2. PSVR ate their lunch. PSVR has taken up a significant amount of potential VR buyers from a theoretical MS headset. Many VR interested gamers simply aren't willing to invest into multiple headsets.

The reality Sony's VR headstart has massively complicated the launch of an XBox VR headset in the console space. If MS launched a VR headset in 2016, and Sony was to follow them 3-4 later, they would also face massive problems. To the point where they would be forced to drop the whole thing.

Edited by #MeToo

On 10/07/2018 at 5:23 AM, Jon2B said:

I'm not sure why people get offended when told the truth .

Maybe VR has a couple cool games ...sure , 

But overall it's a gimmick , flop in sales , and nobody cares about it 

By the time next gen hits X would have probably sold somewhere in the range of PSVR. And guess what, unlike the X PSVR has a SHIT LOAD of exclusive games you can only play on it. Your beloved X is a massive piece of shit compared to PSVR.

VR is awful at this point. It's like phone mini games. I join the bandwagon when they release full games with a story and characters etc.

6 hours ago, #MeToo said:

By the time next gen hits X would have probably sold somewhere in the range of PSVR. And guess what, unlike the X PSVR has a SHIT LOAD of exclusive games you can only play on it. Your beloved X is a massive piece of shit compared to PSVR.

You're retarded lol, the X easily surpassed PSVR LTD sales months ago..

On 7/9/2018 at 4:43 AM, bhytre said:

Having 3 different pricey VR headsets with their set exclusives at this stage hurts a lot, all are in desperate need of new games.

And Sony's entry level solution is ghetto as can be AND costs as much as a brand new console.

On top of that their support is shit, what did Sony even show this E3 that can be counted on two hands? 

Seems like a common curse of every new console peripheral. New games support is nearly always shit, even from the one who makes the hardware in the first place.

Happened with Nintendo's Zapper, Robo R.O.B., Virtual Boy, SNES Super Scope, Power Glove, GC Bongo Controller, Kinect, Sega 32X, N64DD, PS VR Aim Controller... see where this is going?

Almost regret buying one, but the tech IS promising if you tried it and I believe they can make incredible gaming experiences in the future. The problem is they're handling it like shit right now and like an afterthought, and that's not acceptable with the price they ask for.

In the future they need to reduce the size of these things to bulky sunglasses at most, with minimal extra cables dangling from all available ports on your system and not exceed a $300 price point.

Related image

lmfao Moss, not even 5K 

Don't worry MS is just biding their time and just letting sony beta test for us.  Once VR is in full swing MS will implement the real VR solution.. haters gonna hate.

52 minutes ago, Master Chief said:

Don't worry MS is just biding their time and just letting sony beta test for us.  Once VR is in full swing MS will implement the real VR solution.. haters gonna hate.

Cows are also beta testing first party  AAAE games. It's play :laff: