What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Started watching Jessica Jones . It's pretty good so far . It's so dark tho , like visually dark .

Was gonna rent that movie with the guy from the office , a quiet place ? Anyone see that ?

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

People here have godly taste in tv. Saul is only two weeks from today. :glad: 

CAN NOT WAIT.

When Saul isn't on I watch shows and think they are great. Then BCS returns and I am reminded by just how much it is in a class of it's own. So much better than even the best of anything else on. Has definitely gotten to Breaking Bad level as of S3. 

• Like 2

True fact I'm a born and raised Boruqeno from Albuquerque. Lived there for 18 years and both the Mexican restaurants and Los Pollos Hermanos are only like 5 minutes from my parents house.

Edited by Ike
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

That's fucking awesome man!

One of the reasons I started watching breaking bad in the first place. Great and beautiful city and state. Love New Mexico. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

is his WW2 series as good? I know a lot more about that period of history, but i figure it would still be worth watching if its as informative and well produced.

In a word; absolutely.

It's a fascinating series, because his main strengths are pacing, and depth, or level of detail. Take for example, the 501st Airborne, even if you've watched Band of Brothers, or read the novel about them, he still offers a level of detail - unparalleled,  when you consider his scope is all of World War 2.

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

Holy shit! The cult leader? 

Yeah it's been in development for a while and I haven't heard much since it was annouced but I imagine it'll probably be his next project soon now that another season of BCS is done.

https://deadline.com/2016/09/vince-gilligan-hbo-limited-series-cult-leader-jim-jones-octavia-spencer-1201816148/

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ike said:

Yeah it's been in development for a while and I haven't heard much since it was annouced but I imagine it'll probably be his next project soon now that another season of BCS is done.

https://deadline.com/2016/09/vince-gilligan-hbo-limited-series-cult-leader-jim-jones-octavia-spencer-1201816148/

:bow:

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

:bow:

HBO is also putting out a third season of True Detective sometime next year with Mahershala Ali (Moonlight, House of Cards) as the lead and this time they're not forcing the writer to make it on a timeline which completely ruined season 2. My HBO subscription is probably the best $15 I spend every month.

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

HBO is also putting out a third season of True Detective sometime next year with Mahershala Ali (Moonlight, House of Cards) as the lead and this time they're not forcing the writer to make it on a timeline which completely ruined season 2. My HBO subscription is probably the best $15 I spend every month.

Nice! 

1 hour ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

In a word; absolutely.

It's a fascinating series, because his main strengths are pacing, and depth, or level of detail. Take for example, the 501st Airborne, even if you've watched Band of Brothers, or read the novel about them, he still offers a level of detail - unparalleled,  when you consider his scope is all of World War 2.

so it covers other theaters of the war and not just what America was involved in?