What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

I watched mission impossible. Mind you, I’ve never seen the others. But I want to watch them, because this movie was fun as hell! Some great action scenes too. My only gripe was the final act. I mean...it was cool as fuck, but it did force me to really suspend disbelief. Still, it was an awesome scene. Though, it went into video game territory (no joke. It reminded me of a popular title). 

All in all, it’s easily the definitive summer movie of 2018.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I watched mission impossible. Mind you, I’ve never seen the others. But I want to watch them, because this movie was fun as hell! Some great action scenes too. My only gripe was the final act. I mean...it was cool as fuck, but it did force me to really suspend disbelief. Still, it was an awesome scene. Though, it went into video game territory (no joke. It reminded me of a popular title). 

You never watched mission impossible before? how's that even possible. :| 

I finally watched alien covenant. David is one of the best characters ever made. I loved him in prometheus but in this movie he's something else. evil has a new name holy shit. Michael Fassbender is godlike. :bow: 

37 minutes ago, saltyhermitdenial said:

You never watched mission impossible before? how's that even possible. :| 

I finally watched alien covenant. David is one of the best characters ever made. I loved him in prometheus but in this movie he's something else. evil has a new name holy shit. Michael Fassbender is godlike. :bow: 

I still need to see Prometheus and alien covenant. I hated aliens (alien is godlike), so I don’t want to be disappointed. 

yeah alright I know what you mean but I still love both movies. And evil android david is just so well written. His intentions and opinion about the human race is chilling and how he manipulates everyone. 

Can't wait for part 3. :glad: 

Spoiler

the ending of covenant was really good when that bitch assumed the android was walter and realized it was david. 

and the alien birth scene holy shit. how he said creation is what he cares about. 

Edited by saltyhermitdenial
3 hours ago, saltyhermitdenial said:

yeah alright I know what you mean but I still love both movies. And evil android david is just so well written. His intentions and opinion about the human race is chilling and how he manipulates everyone. 

Can't wait for part 3. :glad: 

Reveal hidden contents

the ending of covenant was really good when that bitch assumed the android was walter and realized it was david. 

and the alien birth scene holy shit. how he said creation is what he cares about. 

Yeah, the ending owned. Michael Fassbender is a fucking boss. He played two completely different characters and nailed them both. I loved the character of David as well. 

Ridley Scott :bow:

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, the ending owned. Michael Fassbender is a fucking boss. He played two completely different characters and nailed them both. I loved the character of David as well. 

Ridley Scott :bow:

true :smoke:

@jehurey

blindspotting is the best movie I’ve seen this year. 

It’s a unique take on the buddy comedy, tackling  touchy subjects like racial stereotypes and the dark realities of gentrification, with a mix of sharp humor, gritty drama, and raw emotion. The ending was powerful. I think I held my breath throughout the whole sequence. 10/10 

4 hours ago, -GD- said:

@jehurey

blindspotting is the best movie I’ve seen this year. 

It’s a unique take on the buddy comedy, tackling  touchy subjects like racial stereotypes and the dark realities of gentrification, with a mix of sharp humor, gritty drama, and raw emotion. The ending was powerful. I think I held my breath throughout the whole sequence. 10/10 

fuck, i gotta get in on that. I don't think i'll find a friend available to watch that movie with me, so I will just drop into a theater right now and go see it.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

fuck, i gotta get in on that. I don't think i'll find a friend available to watch that movie with me, so I will just drop into a theater right now and go see it.

Who cares? Going to the movies alone is great. It’s not exactly an extremely social activity. MoviePass let me go to the movies so much. 

Just now, Ike said:

Who cares? Going to the movies alone is great. It’s not exactly an extremely social activity. MoviePass let me go to the movies so much. 

i can eat popcorn with disgusting amounts of butter, and nobody will know...........well, besides you people, which is the worst-case scenario.:9:

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i can eat popcorn with disgusting amounts of butter, and nobody will know...........well, besides you people, which is the worst-case scenario.:9:

Except it’s always 3/4 done when the movie finally starts :( 

I get random, impulsive  “I want to see a movie” moments..and will literally see a movie on the spot, by myself.  I watched blindspotting alone, at 9:30 am 😂 

but I watched boundaries (art house flick), the other night, with my side girl. 

• Haha 1

Just came back from a double-feature.

Blindspotting and MI Fallout.

I, uh, gave myself a second a movie.

Yeah, Blindspotting is pretty awesome, and very tight movie. The only complaint I would say is that its two most important scenes at the end require it to have plot contrivances, one is much more noticeable than the other. But its got some fantastic scenes in it, and it conveys its messages quite effectively, throughout the entire movie.

MI Fallout is good, and there are a couple of action scenes in which they feel like the most "raw" action sequences I've seen from the franchise. The only real problem is a problem I've been noticing since MI4, which is the enemy and the threat gets bigger in scope, and more complex, and it requires more twists to occur to make the enemy more dangerous.  And this movie gets to a point where they are jamming about 2-3 twists without explaining it very well within a short 5 minute scene. Between the 4th and the 6th movie, the bad guys may be slightly difference, but they are trying to do the same things for almost the same exact reasons. They're painting themselves in a corner.

• Upvote 1
On 2018-07-28 at 4:31 PM, -GD- said:

extreme/video game stunts are what define the series