What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

13 hours ago, kaz said:

that was good but fucking disturbing. so it doesn't have an ending? the show is from 2013, never heard of it before.

The ending of S2 is satisfying enough to last as a definitive end but they most certainly could've continued. Still very much worth watching. It's 2 seasons, 6 episodes a season, so only 12 eps. 

22 minutes ago, kokujin said:

that was stupid lmfao. ya it's colorful.  but cuck nonsense with no balls to follaw a script. 

Not everything is about ultra realism and certain shows are about showing an escalation of violence. There is a very specific reason that the opening scene is fairly 'tame', it's just setting the tone for the show.. I don't really want to post more spoilers but this is just the opening scene of Ep3 (and again there is more escalation later):

Every scene is methodically made, this isn't The Wire. You might like it, you might not. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

i hope the characters are likable and there's real progression rather than "cool cene. cool scene."

otherwise I ca't grow fond of what's happening.  Me skeptic regardless of how cool it looks. Thanks for the links though. I may budge into it. 

Edited by kokujin
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, kokujin said:

i hope the characters are likable and there's real progression rather than "cool cene. cool scene."

otherwise I ca't grow fond of what's happening.  Me skeptic regardless of how cool it looks. Thanks for the links though. I may budge into it. 

There is some extremely likable characters and a plot I don't want to ruin, it is very much worth checking out. Like I said, it is so short there really isn't anything to lose.

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

school shooting scene... distuuuuuuuurbing. I dont' think that should be on TV lol.  Too many psychos man.   Not trying to be prude.  Put that on film with an MA rating. 

This show is probably a myriad of things that push the boundary of what shouldn't be on tv, probably why I said GD would like it lol It's not even that that was a school shooting. The imagery and music during the scene is just incredibly disturbing. Scene starts with the yellow bag in the position of the typical Happy Smiley face icon, the school is totally painted Green (the opposite of Red in terms of colour symbolism, so your eyes are seeing the colour of life while immense death is taking place), while the school shooting starts taking place the camera pans into a giant 'LOL' on the wall while the music plays. It is extremely fucked up, no doubt. Hits all your senses, the eyes, ears and mind being showing up beat happy things (music, colour and LOL text) while the most horrific of actions is taking place. It's the juxtaposition I was talking about earlier. There are other scenes which imo are even more out there but I already think I've ruined enough. 

(One thing to note is that this is a British show so they don't have the gun violence and school shooting stigma that USA does)

Edited by madmaltese
9 hours ago, madmaltese said:

There is some extremely likable characters and a plot I don't want to ruin, it is very much worth checking out. Like I said, it is so short there really isn't anything to lose.

This show is probably a myriad of things that push the boundary of what shouldn't be on tv, probably why I said GD would like it lol It's not even that that was a school shooting. The imagery and music during the scene is just incredibly disturbing. Scene starts with the yellow bag in the position of the typical Happy Smiley face icon, the school is totally painted Green (the opposite of Red in terms of colour symbolism, so your eyes are seeing the colour of life while immense death is taking place), while the school shooting starts taking place the camera pans into a giant 'LOL' on the wall while the music plays. It is extremely fucked up, no doubt. Hits all your senses, the eyes, ears and mind being showing up beat happy things (music, colour and LOL text) while the most horrific of actions is taking place. It's the juxtaposition I was talking about earlier. There are other scenes which imo are even more out there but I already think I've ruined enough. 

(One thing to note is that this is a British show so they don't have the gun violence and school shooting stigma that USA does)

for now.

I do hope the show has more tricks than juxtaposition.  I mean,... ya.  I'm blabbin' hard about a show I'll never watch lol.

Living vicariously through everything around me!

38 minutes ago, Ike said:

I’d have rather watched Mandy but nowhere is playing it near me. :( 

It only played at 3 theaters on Thursday, and only has a 11:15 showing at one theater this weekend. It will be a vod October 30th. 

23 minutes ago, -GD- said:

It only played at 3 theaters on Thursday, and only has a 11:15 showing at one theater this weekend. It will be a vod October 30th. 

That’s good to hear and perfect time for Halloween. It’s on my must watch list.

• Upvote 1