What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

I watched Darkest Hour. It was very good but at the same time I was a bit disappointed by how small it felt. It only covers the beginning of the war, mainly the Dunkirk evacuation. But that also means theres still lots of room for a sequel that covers the rest of Britain's involvement in WW2 under Churchill's leadership.

The highlight was defnitely Gary Oldman's performance as Churchill. He was unrecognizable in both voice and appearance, but still did an incredible job.

Edited by Twinblade

I watched Ready Player One. It’s a fun movie with pop culture references in every single shot. Not game changing or anything but still a master class in film from Spielberg. I just wish studios would cast Mendelssohn as something other than generic bad guy. He’s a pretty good actor. Also, the whole I’m ugly because I have a face birthmark is plain stupid. 

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

The finale is like..wow! They always know how to switch shit up. 

i just finished it, it was insane. They also somehow continue to top themselves when it comes to how dark they can make the subject matter.

The flashback where octavia shot those who refused to be cannibals including the guy who wouldn't eat part of his own brother, was just a whole new level of fucked up for the show.

Edited by Twinblade
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

i just finished it, it was insane. They also somehow continue to top themselves when it comes to how dark they can make the subject matter.

Reveal hidden contents

The flashback where octavia shot those who refused to be cannibals including the guy who wouldn't eat part of his own brother, was just a whole new level of fucked up for the show.

I know! That shit was savage! 

I just got back from They Shall Not Grow Old. Direction and content wise its pretty standard fare as far as documentaries are concerned. Its all purely based on the experience of the soldiers as well, it doesn't delve into how the war started or the politics side of things.

That said the restored footage was amazing. There were definitely some parts where some of the colors looked a bit unconvincing, but as a whole it was extremely impressive. I saw it in 3D (only type of showing in my area) but i think it added to the experience. The closeups of the soldiers in particular were actually kind of eerie with how realistic the coloring looked.

Watching Jonb1 get the PISSER. :D  wish I had asked for him to get banned for 2 weeks honestly.  DQ11 kinda a 3 month game. :-*

kudos to Dippy!  I hope the bans stays thru.  Fuck, make it decmber27th give him an extra day to think about it. He's gonna have  a boring xmas:D D:

I rewatched Hostel last night since my gf had never seen it, and I actually really like the first two films. Eli Roth is fantastic at atmosphere, cinematography and world building. His dialogue and character development is just plain bad especially in the early sections. I’m going to watch Part 2 with her soon and I think that one is better than the first. 

• Upvote 1