What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Grand Tour is just Top Gear in all but name. I’d say it’s better in some respects because Amazon has given them all the money to do whatever. I’d highly recommend it if you liked the OG Top Gear. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Ike said:

Grand Tour is just Top Gear in all but name. I’d say it’s better in some respects because Amazon has given them all the money to do whatever. I’d highly recommend it if you liked the OG Top Gear. 

Just copped the first season :cmpunk1:

• Like 1

On ep 10 of punisher. It’s been very entertaining. However, it is messy and bloated. But, it’s still so worth watching for the awesome action, and fantastic acting (wish the writing was stronger, though). 

Ben Barnes is fantastic in it. 

On 2019-01-18 at 5:51 AM, -GD- said:

Rewatched Pandorum. I forgot how much of a guilty pleasure this flick is. It’s like event horizon meets the descent, in case you haven’t seen it. 

I don't remember much from Pandorum only the monsters are fast as fuck and the kungfu guy was weird with his CQC. And they didn't speak the same language but one scene I remember clearly:

Spoiler

that guy living there alone for years and wants to prepare food for them and then he turns out to be a cannibal and wants to eat them :D  really cool scene. should rewatch 

28 minutes ago, kaz said:

I don't remember much from Pandorum only the monsters are fast as fuck and the kungfu guy was weird with his CQC. And they didn't speak the same language but one scene I remember clearly:

Hide contents

that guy living there alone for years and wants to prepare food for them and then he turns out to be a cannibal and wants to eat them :D  really cool scene. should rewatch 

Yes! That shit was ownage :D 

13 hours ago, -GD- said:

On ep 10 of punisher. It’s been very entertaining. However, it is messy and bloated. But, it’s still so worth watching for the awesome action, and fantastic acting (wish the writing was stronger, though). 

Ben Barnes is fantastic in it. 

I just finished it. I enjoyed it overall but the 2 main storylines running parallel to each other made it feel unfocused, and like the writers were biting off more than they could chew.

Also, I can fully recommend the Netflix doc:

Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Was.

It's a great retrospective look into how they started with the idea, their vision - the issues that they ran into, and how no one (apart from a few people from the logistics side) really took a hard look into the peril and potential pitfalls they were running into.

Example: They sold so many tickets that there was no way you could fit that many people on the island, let alone house them as well - and then gets kicked off that island and ends up scrambling for an alternate site. The shit they tried to pull off is so mind blowing for its sheer audacity! :D 

Another example, was their story on how they came up with the bright idea to get the water for the event that was held up in customs...  I'll let you experience that one for yourself.

Plus when shit hits the fan, how bad it really went. I think the guy is now serving 6 years for this disaster of a festival.

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I just finished it. I enjoyed it overall but the 2 main storylines running parallel to each other made it feel unfocused, and like the writers were biting off more than they could chew.

Yeah, I finished it too. I agree that the 2 storylines got messy. Also, the season would have been much better had it been 10 eps instead of 13, and if they had trimmed off the pointless bloat. Still, I had a lot of fun with it. 

Edited by -GD-

just finished Grave Encounters for the first time. lmfao what a fucking waste of time. This movie is so bad and not scary at all. :| 

The location and atmosphere was okay, enough to make it feel eerie but... it was so bad

I love the blair witch project, that movie has a really good story behind it even though most of the movie is "boring" it had some really scary moments and one of the best endings I've seen.

but this movie was so "evasive". Every time it got interesting people just scream and run away or there is this weird camera flickering lol. 

Unto paranormal activity. Never seen that one either but I'm actually bored already. :| 

I know GD and some other peeps agree the only good movies in the genre are the first 2 REC movies. But it feels so weird to even compare these movies. I'm so disappointed right now.

The REC movies aren't "found footage" in my opinion. They are just horror movies with a certain "choreographic" style. 

I'm tired of horror movies where NOTHING happens. who the fuck green lights these movies.

Edited by kaz