What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

I finished Love, Death & Robots. There were a lot of eps that felt like glorified ads or college student art projects, but my favorites were:

Sonnie's Edge - I really liked the vibe and atmosphere. Some nice gory twists too.

The Witness - By far the most striking when it came to visuals. Everything about the way it looked was awesome.

Suits - Probably the only 'cartoony' one I really liked. Fun action and it actually had a good number of likable characters.

Beyond The Aquila Rift - Fucked up but really well directed and executed. My favorite of the bunch. Felt like a top tier Black Mirror episode.

Shape Shifters - Nothing too crazy but i liked the setting and story.

Helping Hand - Very clever and intense despite its short length.

Lucky 13 - Probably the most entertaining set pieces/action of the CGI bunch. I was also impressed by how many recognizable actors were in it.

• Thanks 1

So I watched Us. It’s not as good as Get Out, in terms of being an entertaining movie, but it’s a better conversation piece. I wound recommend a viewer to go into it expecting a twilight zone-esque movie, with horror and humor sprinkled into it. There are some big twists, but I figured them all out way before the reveals. Still, I enjoyed watching them unfold. 

I need to watch it a second time, because there are few nagging, potential plot hole, issues. Nothing major at all. It’s just the OCD in me. 

I give it a 3 out of 4. 

Edited by -GD-
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I finished Love, Death & Robots. There were a lot of eps that felt like glorified ads or college student art projects, but my favorites were:

Sonnie's Edge - I really liked the vibe and atmosphere. Some nice gory twists too.

The Witness - By far the most striking when it came to visuals. Everything about the way it looked was awesome.

Suits - Probably the only 'cartoony' one I really liked. Fun action and it actually had a good number of likable characters.

Beyond The Aquila Rift - Fucked up but really well directed and executed. My favorite of the bunch. Felt like a top tier Black Mirror episode.

Shape Shifters - Nothing too crazy but i liked the setting and story.

Helping Hand - Very clever and intense despite its short length.

Lucky 13 - Probably the most entertaining set pieces/action of the CGI bunch. I was also impressed by how many recognizable actors were in it.

Beyond the Aquila Rift was godly! 

8 hours ago, Ike said:

So apparently the upcoming live action Dora the Explorer movie is going to have Benicio Del Toro as Swiper and Danny Trejo as Boots. :| :D 

omg :D 

Kids be asking their parents: "Daddy, when did Boots carry so many knives and wear a leather vest!?"

Edit: Good thing Twitter is already putting in the work.

D2NgU2EWkAgn5Ax.jpg:large

On 2019-03-22 at 1:10 AM, -GD- said:

I need to watch it a second time, because there are few nagging, potential plot hole, issues. Nothing major at all. It’s just the OCD in me. 

Spoiler

I really wish the movie just didn't do the reveal at the very end. It didn't need it. Everything was wrapped up, the explanation was cool, and I still would have left the theatre with plenty to talk about. I was loving that movie until it happened and I'm legitimately triggered by how much that reveal fucks with the movie and introduces plot holes.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I really wish the movie just didn't do the reveal at the very end. It didn't need it. Everything was wrapped up, the explanation was cool, and I still would have left the theatre with plenty to talk about. I was loving that movie until it happened and I'm legitimately triggered by how much that reveal fucks with the movie and introduces plot holes.

Spoiler

Like...why couldn’t she just leave the tunnels as a kid? Lol 

edit: I forgot she was locked up 

i had a feeling that was going to be a twist, since she was the only “double” who spoke. But it just seemed silly. Unless I missed something (so I will watch it again). 

Edited by -GD-
1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

another overhyped peele movie :pffft:

lol I didn't understand the hype about "Us" at all. I had no idea who that Peele dude was. And I think get out was a pretty cool movie but nothing special. :yeshrug:

• Upvote 1