What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

i know im a bit late but i actually thought the first episode of chernobyl was pretty disappointing. It jumped around way too much, following too many characters and just feeling messy overall. But man, it really found its footing in the 2nd episode. I just finished watching it and it was excellent all the way through. Can't wait for next week's ep.

• Upvote 1

I watched the Pet Semetary remake. I thought it was pretty good but like most Stephen King stories, he can’t end for shit. Still love the atmosphere and visuals. They also made some good changes that played with what you knew about the original to create more tension. 7.7/10

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Ike said:

I watched the Pet Semetary remake. I thought it was pretty good but like most Stephen King stories, he can’t end for shit. Still love the atmosphere and visuals. They also made some good changes that played with what you knew about the original to create more tension. 7.7/10

Agreed! 

23 hours ago, Twinblade said:

i know im a bit late but i actually thought the first episode of chernobyl was pretty disappointing. It jumped around way too much, following too many characters and just feeling messy overall. But man, it really found its footing in the 2nd episode. I just finished watching it and it was excellent all the way through. Can't wait for next week's ep.

The chernobyl plant workers all wearing the same suiits can make it confusing. But you need to have a decent amount of Wikipedia knowledge to know what the plant workers and first responders were doing in order to realize just how completely insane it was for them to even be there after the explosion occurred.

But also the other thing is that it highlights the denial they had, and they good reason to not believe that the reactor exploded. No one ever thought that nuclear reactors using those materials could explode.  And its that denial that results in them making so many horrible mistakes within the first few hours. From the plants workers, to how they allowed fireman there on the premise, to how they didn't notify the people of Pipryat

19 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Movie looks fun, I may not particularly see a clear plotline, besides the fact that the Manson family will clearly go after Sharon Tate. I'm sure it will all come together.

I get a pulp fiction vibe, where several, initially, unrelated stories overlap. 

I recorded Episode 3 of Chernobyl last night, but forgot to watch it.

I'm going home now to see it, because apparently it was every bit as gob-stopping as Episode 2.

And then I'll listen to the Chernobyl podcast for this episode afterwards. :whew: That'll get the bland taste of the GoT finale out.

On 2019-05-17 at 9:49 PM, Twinblade said:

I certainly felt that way too - the sheer amount of characters you're introduced to, all the names used between the men: Engineers, their managers, the Firefighters, the Political figures; I'll admit to a few times pulling back to the prior scene to see if I could catch a name of the Engineer/Tech who went to check on something, or shut down a system.

But by the time the 2nd episode is playing, you get a better understanding of what the immediate threat is, how close to disaster they are, and the names become more familiar.

Frankly, the intensity of the scenes, the breakdown of what was at stake, the make-up effects of the one's who become sick, the amazing cast of English actors makes this series, what I think is a tremendous effort to provide's a visceral and an account on the impact of what transpired at Chernobyl, and how close a massive portion (compared to the current exclusion zone) of this Earth was to becoming uninhabitable.