What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Episode 3 of Chernobyl had more variety than Ep 2.

Episode 2 was a continual growing tension and fear. Just simply unbelievable.

Episode 3 was some relief, some investigation, some new problems that indicated that this problem was growing bigger, some new bad asses entering, some spy intrigue................and horror.

And the horror is unlike any other type of horror. They're going to win awards for Best Makeup and Special Effects.

They show you about 70% of every horrible thing that could happen from fatal doses of radiation. They had to stop there.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Episode 3 of Chernobyl had more variety than Ep 2.

Episode 2 was a continual growing tension and fear. Just simply unbelievable.

Episode 3 was some relief, some investigation, some new problems that indicated that this problem was growing bigger, some new bad asses entering, some spy intrigue................and horror.

And the horror is unlike any other type of horror. They're going to win awards for Best Makeup and Special Effects.

They show you about 70% of every horrible thing that could happen from fatal doses of radiation. They had to stop there.

That firefighter from the beginning until his decomposition at the end of the show. :scared:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

That firefighter from the beginning until his decomposition at the end of the show. :scared:

And they had to restrain themselves from showing everything.

His wife did, in fact, see him in the hospital and was touching him.

And her account of his last hours are just unbelievable. His internal organs were breaking apart like a tissue in water, and they were coming OUT through his mouth.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, -GD- said:

damn, i need to watch this.

My mini review thus far:

17 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I certainly felt that way too - the sheer amount of characters you're introduced to, all the names used between the men: Engineers, their managers, the Firefighters, the Political figures; I'll admit to a few times pulling back to the prior scene to see if I could catch a name of the Engineer/Tech who went to check on something, or shut down a system.

But by the time the 2nd episode is playing, you get a better understanding of what the immediate threat is, how close to disaster they are, and the names become more familiar.

Frankly, the intensity of the scenes, the breakdown of what was at stake, the make-up effects of the one's who become sick, the amazing cast of English actors makes this series, what I think is a tremendous effort to provide's a visceral and an account on the impact of what transpired at Chernobyl, and how close a massive portion (compared to the current exclusion zone) of this Earth was to becoming uninhabitable.

• Like 1

I was reading an article about hollywriter/director John Milius, because I didn't know that he wrote for HBO's Rome, and apparently he has a ridiculous, bigger-than-life backstory.

And I came across this documentary called Milius that is on Amazon Video, and it was pretty interesting.

Basically this guy came up with Martin Scorcese, Coppolla, Spielberg, and George Lucas at the same college, and he was the first one to make it big Very interesting biography. He made hyper-manly movies like Conan and Red Dawn, and he wrote Apocalypse Now. That's how heavy of a hitter he is.

Edited by jehurey
12 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Brightburn was pretty mediocre. Such a great premise wasted on something so cliche.

Movie is fucking brutal, though. Worth a watch for gore fans because god fucking damn. :D

I love gore, so sign me up!