What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

The Watchmen trailer is fucking terrific. HBO really has set themselves up quite nicely for giving people a reason to stay with them after GoT.

I'm watching First Man right now because its the 50th anniversary of NASA reaching the moon, and I am going to be watching HBO's From the Earth to the Moon HD remastered version on VOD for the first time, hopefully I can binge through most of that tomorrow. They remastered the CGI effects, that's a much more detailed chronicle of all of the Apollo missions during the 60's that led up to the moon landing.

On 2019-07-20 at 4:07 PM, Cookester15 said:

This looks tremendous 

that bear looks cool as fuck. what does it remind me of?

So I watched two movies within the past 24 hours. Both of them long.

I rented Dragged Across Concrete, I've been meaning to watch this because its from the same guy who made Bone Tomahawk.

And, this movie is like a more convoluted and extended version of Bone Tomahawk. I'm talking about the film style, both movies are completely separate stories.

This movie is slow, and drawn out. And it really depends how you like the characters in those scenes. Because if you don't care for them, this movie is going to be excruciating.

But if invest in the first half of the movie, everything finally comes together for the second half, and shit starts happening. I think the moviemaker wants it to be seen as high-art, with alot of subtextual meaning, I don't think he achieves this, but its definitely more gritty and strives to be realistic than most "tough-guy" films. These movies will always be relatively low budget, and they will be straight to DVD. Its meant to entice people who would go to Redbox and get action movies just by looking at the cover.

The other movie I saw was Once Upon a Time In Hollywood. And it was a nice movie. The soundtrack for the movie is a vintage LA radio station, so after the movie I just wanted to drive around town cruising, listening to the vintage LA radio playing good tunes.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Appreciate it, because this is about as good as its ever going to get.

DeNiro. Pacino. Pesci. Keitel. Scorsese.

damn, we'll never get another flick like this again. :bow: