What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Saw Apocalypse Now at an IMAX theater it had some pretty amazing moments that really benefitted from watching it on a big screen.

The helicopters attacking the village looked absolutely fucking amazing, and really makes you appreciate how they filmed all of this stuff occuring on-screen. Back then there was no special effects, it was alot of helicopters, alot of stuff blowing up, and alot people running around and doing stunts on such a massive scale.

And the playboy girls dancing for the soldiers was quite awesome to see, they had some cool shots that looked very cinematic.

The sound was also very good. In the latter half of the movie, it starts getting quiet, and you hear a low bass thumb every few seconds. So unless you had a good speaker setup, you wouldn't know how ominous the sound gets as they get closer to the end.

There are some scenes that, as you are watching it, you really think to yourself "this is probably the most amazing thing ever filmed." It just feels so epic, and heavy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ike said:

Mindhunter season 2 is out today. :juggle:

Oh dope, thanks - I was just thinking about that yesterday since I saw the trailer on Youtube last night.

:-*

8 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Ya I’m going to try to start with it this weekend. But I’m so hooked on fire emblem and I have a party tomorrow.

Oh damn I wanna watch that too . Tried to be an extra in that . I'm not :mad:

23 hours ago, jehurey said:

Saw Apocalypse Now at an IMAX theater it had some pretty amazing moments that really benefitted from watching it on a big screen.

The helicopters attacking the village looked absolutely fucking amazing, and really makes you appreciate how they filmed all of this stuff occuring on-screen. Back then there was no special effects, it was alot of helicopters, alot of stuff blowing up, and alot people running around and doing stunts on such a massive scale.

And the playboy girls dancing for the soldiers was quite awesome to see, they had some cool shots that looked very cinematic.

The sound was also very good. In the latter half of the movie, it starts getting quiet, and you hear a low bass thumb every few seconds. So unless you had a good speaker setup, you wouldn't know how ominous the sound gets as they get closer to the end.

There are some scenes that, as you are watching it, you really think to yourself "this is probably the most amazing thing ever filmed." It just feels so epic, and heavy.

I don't understand any version, like the current one, that still has that plantation scene. It makes the movie objectively worse of what is an otherwise incredible. 

When i I heard it was coming to IMAX and it was the version with that garbage I realized to this day they still don't get it.

2 hours ago, Delita said:

I don't understand any version, like the current one, that still has that plantation scene. It makes the movie objectively worse of what is an otherwise incredible. 

When i I heard it was coming to IMAX and it was the version with that garbage I realized to this day they still don't get it.

Yeah, it seems like it serves to drive the point home to give the message that the US will never be able to change anything, and it seems like an ill-fated attempt to squeeze in a romantic interest for the main character.

It just doesn't work because its too close to the ending, and truth be told, I don't particularly care for any of the scenes with Marlon Brando talking.  There's nothing interesting in those conversations, so I was nodding off having trouble trying to stay awake until we finally got back to hearing final music sequence.

Gotta agree there. It's been many years since I last saw it but I remember being disappointed by finally seeing Brandos character in the film. Incredible actor but his role was mostly just whatever to me.

Although I've realized we don't have directors like that making masterpieces anymore. For awhile I thought Nolan might become that person in modern times but he's been making turds since tdkr.